Ton TV live match broadcasting - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton TV live match broadcasting

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

They’re not even offering PPV for cup games overseas unless you buy a season or half season pass. Not sure how much a single cup game costs for overseas folk. I assume a season pass doesn’t include cup games & there is an extra charge per game but it’s not clear.

From Canada, I watched the Ayr Utd cup game, as a single PPV. IIRC it cost 14 pound. I don't know why the QoS game wasn't the same!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

Understood CHC - but since I've never wanted/needed to PPV before until recently (not finishing work until 3pm), can you explain the reasons for this to me? Thanks in advance.

Article 48 of the UEFA Statutes allows any association to decide on 2.5 hours on a Saturday or Sunday, during which any transmission of football may be prohibited within the territory.

England (and Scotland) applies this as 2.45pm to 5.15pm on a Saturday.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Article 48 of the UEFA Statutes allows any association to decide on 2.5 hours on a Saturday or Sunday, during which any transmission of football may be prohibited within the territory.

England (and Scotland) applies this as 2.45pm to 5.15pm on a Saturday.

Cheers Jamie, your answer's appreciated.

On the subject of the blackout rule, it appears the BBC showed an English FA Cup match today. Could be there's some technicality that allowed it, but if not it takes the piss more than a wee bit given our clubs weren't allowed to provide streams today.

In general I don't think the rule is inherently a bad idea in terms of televised matches, but it's pretty absurd when it comes to streams at our level. 

https://twitter.com/grantrussell_/status/1596519664661966850?s=20&t=2C2UkYUA11Mg--4lkXYWvA

AWMSC

Archived