Ton TV live match broadcasting - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton TV live match broadcasting

20 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Tried for the first time to live stream the match using the access code they sent me after forking out 150 quid, and although it seemed to accept it, when I selected 'play' it took me to a paypal side asking for some stupid amount of money, presumably set up to deter people trying to PPV. Canceled the order and tried again, but this time it was rejected because the code had already been entered. D'oh!

Sorry you had trouble - it worked smoothly, as per last season with the coupon code, for me.  Strange.     

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

So when you entered the code you got access right away? 

It applied a 100% discount to the rate (which was inflated to 50 pounds) and then the match was added to "my matches" as usual.  Access then via the fixture list of matches available.  It opened fine, had to refresh after the ads but that was all.  

4 minutes ago, TorontoTon said:

It applied a 100% discount to the rate (which was inflated to 50 pounds) and then the match was added to "my matches" as usual.  Access then via the fixture list of matches available.  It opened fine, had to refresh after the ads but that was all.  

Did it take you to a Paypal payment page, and if so, how did you bypass it?

1 minute ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Did it take you to a Paypal payment page, and if so, how did you bypass it?

No, I didn't see a Paypal page at all.  The season code applied as a coupon seemed to be enough.  I was logged into my own shop account.   

You need to sign into your account, then “buy” the stream. It says it’s £50 but put the code in and it changes to zero. Click the button to continue and should be in your matches. If you go straight to buying the game without signing in, I think you reach a dead end or maybe need to sign in at that point and come back. I usually have to go back and sign in and then start the purchase process again, but you get there in the end. Just make sure it says zero to purchase before you “pay”. Bit clunky but got in yesterday without too much bother.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Failed again tonight. This time it did accept the code as I got a confirmation message. However, when I went to 'my matches' it wasn't there, last match showing is the PPV match v Dundee on 20th August. That's now 2 games that I've paid for that I've not been able to access. If it's not sorted for the next home game I'm going to have to ask for a refund. Loathed to do so as I know how strapped the club are for cash, but I don't want to fork out 150 quid for hee-haw.

Edit to add: 

I think I've found the cause of the problem... it looks like 150 pound I paid for the full season access has not been credited to my account. The access code seems to have taken 10 quid off, but it's still looking for me to pay 140 quid. to access the game, ha! Cheeky buggers.

12 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Failed again tonight. This time it did accept the code as I got a confirmation message. However, when I went to 'my matches' it wasn't there, last match showing is the PPV match v Dundee on 20th August. That's now 2 games that I've paid for that I've not been able to access. If it's not sorted for the next home game I'm going to have to ask for a refund. Loathed to do so as I know how strapped the club are for cash, but I don't want to fork out 150 quid for hee-haw.

Edit to add: 

I think I've found the cause of the problem... it looks like 150 pound I paid for the full season access has not been credited to my account. The access code seems to have taken 10 quid off, but it's still looking for me to pay 140 quid. to access the game, ha! Cheeky buggers.

Last night's game wasn't included in the pass.  You had to buy it as a single match.  Cost £10.  You had to add it to your basket then pay the £10.  The code wasn't relevant to last night's game.  Might be that the £10 you have been charged was actually for the game but in that case it should have appeared in your "My matches" folder.  All assuming you logged on to your account before trying to buy.  Maybe best to contact Brendan at the club as he is very good at sorting things out.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

Last night's game wasn't included in the pass.  You had to buy it as a single match.  Cost £10.  You had to add it to your basket then pay the £10.  The code wasn't relevant to last night's game.  Might be that the £10 you have been charged was actually for the game but in that case it should have appeared in your "My matches" folder.  All assuming you logged on to your account before trying to buy.  Maybe best to contact Brendan at the club as he is very good at sorting things out.

Ah, right, cheers. Still strange it was asking for 140 quid instead of a tenner for the game though.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Alibi, you mentioned a guy Brendan in a previous post as the best guy to contact, do you know his full name and email address by any chance? Thanks!

For TonTV  and other commercial issues, I have contacted Mark Kelly and he has been very quick to respond

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't understand the club's reluctance to offer PPV to fans who aren't locked into a yearly or half-yearly subscription. The website openly states that the insane pre-code-entry price is there to actively discourage PPV. It kinda feels like going to the bar for a pint, but being told that you have to buy the whole keg.

They’re not even offering PPV for cup games overseas unless you buy a season or half season pass. Not sure how much a single cup game costs for overseas folk. I assume a season pass doesn’t include cup games & there is an extra charge per game but it’s not clear.

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

They're not allowed to offer PPV inside the UK

Understood CHC - but since I've never wanted/needed to PPV before until recently (not finishing work until 3pm), can you explain the reasons for this to me? Thanks in advance.

Archived