Ton TV live match broadcasting - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton TV live match broadcasting

The TonTV update, of 13 May, on the club's website stated;

"The production of the stream will be different from the last couple of seasons and exact details will be confirmed in due course. "

Due course must be coming up pretty soon.

I don't think that there is such a thing as an "international season ticket". That was a poor choice of wording.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Waverley said:

The TonTV update, of 13 May, on the club's website stated;

"The production of the stream will be different from the last couple of seasons and exact details will be confirmed in due course. "

Due course must be coming up pretty soon.

I don't think that there is such a thing as an "international season ticket". That was a poor choice of wording.

Yeah but that was almost 2 months ago, had hoped it would have been clarified by now as it's literally days away from the start of the season and I still have no idea if I'll be able to see the Falkirk game. I know they'll have had a lot of shit to take care of over the close season and this is probably low in the priority list, but I'm sure this will be a decent revenue stream if costs are kept to an absolute minimum. I'm certainly only expecting a vision only stream with no commentary, which would be perfectly fine for me. Gerry and Andy were great, but for the limited number of international fans it's obviously not feasible for that to continue. So in that respect my only mild criticism is that it should have perhaps been given a slightly higher level of priority that a Cappie cuddly toy. :)

Maybe I should have worded the request I sent as, 'please Morton take my money, just tell me how!'. 

3 minutes ago, Waverley said:

The TonTV page on the official site is not  showing the Falkirk match, yet.

Yeah I know, I've been checking it daily for the last couple of weeks

Tried it got this

PLEASE NOTE:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

What does this mean for current season ticket holders who live abroad or are "out of the country on holiday"?  Are they still able to watch the live stream?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

22 hours ago, Alibi said:

What does this mean for current season ticket holders who live abroad or are "out of the country on holiday"?  Are they still able to watch the live stream?

I think season ticket holders can view the match after midnight, day of the match.

4 hours ago, Waverley said:

I think season ticket holders can view the match after midnight, day of the match.

No, I was referring to season ticket holders who are abroad & who want to view the game live. I've done a check to see if their season tickets will still access the stream if they have a code, and I think they do, and rightly so as that was almost certainly the point of people abroad buying season tickets.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4 minutes ago, Alibi said:

No, I was referring to season ticket holders who are abroad & who want to view the game live. I've done a check to see if their season tickets will still access the stream if they have a code, and I think they do, and rightly so as that was almost certainly the point of people abroad buying season tickets.

I paid for the full season live stream package yesterday and received my access code this afternoon. I don't think it was ever intended that a normal season ticket included live streaming, although the initial announcement was very misleading as it referred to an 'international season ticket'. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the updates - very glad that is finally sorted out.   

A bit late, but have also signed up for the full season live stream package, now £140, with the half season now £70.   Hopefully there are enough of us spread far and wide that with away supporters this is worthwhile for the club.

Would be a big gap in this day and age if there was no service at all.  Onwards and upwards.    

On 9/2/2022 at 6:27 PM, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I paid for the full season live stream package yesterday and received my access code this afternoon. I don't think it was ever intended that a normal season ticket included live streaming, although the initial announcement was very misleading as it referred to an 'international season ticket'. 

It was quite clear at the time that anyone who bought a season ticket could access live streaming if they were overseas. Agree that the wording was poor though. 

Tried for the first time to live stream the match using the access code they sent me after forking out 150 quid, and although it seemed to accept it, when I selected 'play' it took me to a paypal side asking for some stupid amount of money, presumably set up to deter people trying to PPV. Canceled the order and tried again, but this time it was rejected because the code had already been entered. D'oh!

Archived