Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (23rd April) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (23rd April)

Admin

13 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It's like you have never seen Sean McGinty or Jonathan Page play for this football club. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great defender and he's definitely saved us a lot more goals through his grit, determination and skill, than he's cost us through his relative lack of height. That's why I'd love him to stay. I do believe however that his relative lack of height height stops him from being the consummate 'all-round' defender that I think most clubs at a higher level will be looking for.  

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you probably mean the goal we lost at Inverness when Strapp was playing at centreback. Short of wearing high heels, there was not much he could do. It wasn’t Imrie who played him there. At least he got close to it, unlike the rest of the team who were still in the Inverness box.

I hope Strapp sets his sights higher than Livi. He’s a terrific player.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

27 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I think you probably mean the goal we lost at Inverness when Strapp was playing at centreback. Short of wearing high heels, there was not much he could do. It wasn’t Imrie who played him there. At least he got close to it, unlike the rest of the team who were still in the Inverness box.

I hope Strapp sets his sights higher than Livi. He’s a terrific player.

The goal at Inverness was a misjudgement of the flight of the ball. Allan, who was back with him, was ball watching. Terrible from both of them, and nothing to do with Strapp's position that day. Full/wing backs often are the ones to stay back at corners.

It was also Strapp who was responsible for the goal we conceded against Ayr a few weeks ago (he lost his man). His performances improved dramatically under Imrie, but he still has improving to do. I hate to say it, but Livi would be a good move for him right now. 

Strapp got done at the back post at Rugby Park for their goals in both the 1-1 in the League Cup and 1-0 in the league, and it was poor awareness rather than his height that caused it both times.

We can produce a lengthy list of mistakes and poor performances under MacPherson for pretty much every player other than Hamilton though. The guy was footballing kryptonite and anyone competent quickly became useless under his management.

Strapp has probably been our best player since Imrie took over, mistakes have been few and far between and on those performances he's ready to step up.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived