Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (23rd April) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (23rd April)

Admin

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

Just seen these rumours on the usual social media etc. Fuck knows what substance is behind it.

If he goes for reasons to do with a snide budget etc, MCT and Morton can consider my funding stopped.

Unforgivable 

To be honest I've always felt there's a possibility thay some on the Morton board are waiting for the MCT and fan ownership model to fail so that some well known investors can step in. I doubt there will be many tears from those people if Imrie leaves and the fans revolt. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

22 minutes ago, port-ton said:

To be honest I've always felt there's a possibility thay some on the Morton board are waiting for the MCT and fan ownership model to fail so that some well known investors can step in. I doubt there will be many tears from those people if Imrie leaves and the fans revolt. 

True. Also perhaps I’m being very cynical but given that social media is a hotbed for nonsense, I wouldn’t really be surprised if some tit just thought it’d be a laugh to try to spread rumours about this in the aftermath of the Alba nonsense to try to get a bit of a backlash going. It’d be a weird thing to do, but wouldn’t be a surprise either.

AWMSC

11 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

True. Also perhaps I’m being very cynical but given that social media is a hotbed for nonsense, I wouldn’t really be surprised if some tit just thought it’d be a laugh to try to spread rumours about this in the aftermath of the Alba nonsense to try to get a bit of a backlash going. It’d be a weird thing to do, but wouldn’t be a surprise either.

I'd heard the rumour before the Alba thing came out so it could still have been made up by someone for whatever reason but it definitely wasn't the Alba thing. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'd laugh it off as nonsense if we weren't prone to total fucking madness on a regular basis and didn't have such a leaky culture. Still, heavily doubt this is true. Will save the 'if it is' patter until finding out 'if it is'

Just now, port-ton said:

I'd heard the rumour before the Alba thing came out so it could still have been made up by someone for whatever reason but it definitely wasn't the Alba thing. 

Fair enough. I’m not going to entirely discount the story as we’ve been in a similarish position before with Crawford Rae and his 3 Year Con, but as Trvmp said, if this was to be true it would surely have to be the result of a really, really huge change of tack (we have to assume a certain package was sold to Imrie when he came in).

There’s no obvious reason why that would be necessary given the end of Covid restrictions, a higher league finish and also, less tangibly but still significant, the sense of optimism and ambition around the club so it just seems hard to imagine the club doing anything so self-destructive. Again, this is Morton and therefore you can’t really be sure of anything and there’s still questions around the board/MCT, but even at that I’m not really at all bothered about the stories unless it actually gets confirmed.

AWMSC

5 minutes ago, so72 said:

I'd laugh it off as nonsense if we weren't prone to total fucking madness on a regular basis and didn't have such a leaky culture. Still, heavily doubt this is true. Will save the 'if it is' patter until finding out 'if it is'

I had a sickening deja-vu moment when I read about the rumour.

Reminded me of the moment someone told me McKinnon had snaked off to Grangemouth.I laughed it off and we all know what happened next.

Just now, EanieMeany said:

Fair enough. I’m not going to entirely discount the story as we’ve been in a similarish position before with Crawford Rae and his 3 Year Con, but as Trvmp said, if this was to be true it would surely have to be the result of a really, really huge change of tack (we have to assume a certain package was sold to Imrie when he came in).

There’s no obvious reason why that would be necessary given the end of Covid restrictions, a higher league finish and also, less tangibly but still significant, the sense of optimism and ambition around the club so it just seems hard to imagine the club doing anything so self-destructive. Again, this is Morton and therefore you can’t really be sure of anything and there’s still questions around the board/MCT, but even at that I’m not really at all bothered about the stories unless it actually gets confirmed.

Aye that was my thought when I heard it. There's just no logical sense to it being true given the good feeling amongst fans (compared to how the gus era ended), prize money, extra commercial income, potential withdrawal of season ticket/MCT money etc. 

I didn't really give it a second thought when I heard it because there would need to be such monumental fuck ups and issues behind the scenes for it to get to the stage Dougie walks out on us over it. Surely even Morton can't make that much of an arse of it. 

32.gif

I don't believe it for a second tbh. I first heard the rumour within an hour of full time yesterday; if there's been any truth in it we'd have had radio silence from the club and directors, not Imrie posting glad to have stayed up tweets and some directors doing the same on personal accounts as if nothing has happened.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Back on football business, it’s quite amusing to me that the club have posted an interview with Cameron fuckin Blues. Unless he reveals he’s played his last game for the club, I suppose.

Big fan of him and always comes across very well in his interviews. No matter what the budget is I imagine he'd be one of the lower earners that aren't from the youth academy and well worth a place in the squad.  

He's clearly one of the players Dougie trusts most too so wouldn't be surprised if Dougie wants him next season, or if he wants to bring in a different type of midfielder. Either way he can be either be an asset to us next season or leave with his head held high in my opinion. 

32.gif

1 minute ago, EanieMeany said:

Oh, I’m sure he’ll be giving it the big I Am routine, no doubt there, much like he spend yesterday doing fuck all but occasionally pointing at other people. Means fuck all when you’ve just turned in that kind of performance, again.

Whole team was extremely lethargic and tired looking yesterday  so bit unfair to single him out in my opinion, especially as he's probably played more minutes on the pitch than any other player outside Hamilton since Dougie came in and the demands Dougie puts on their work rate off the ball must take its toll at some point. 

Better Morton teams than this have ran out of steam by the end of the season  as well so I'd rather judge people like Blues on what they've contributed to us all season, and he's more than earned his place in the squad for me. 

32.gif

Those aren't the words of someone leaving the club, and if he had left the club wouldn't be putting up a post match interview as if nothing had happened. We're fine.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, dunning1874 said:

Those aren't the words of someone leaving the club, and if he had left the club wouldn't be putting up a post match interview as if nothing had happened. We're fine.

One of our previous managers did the squad photo then left that night 😂

32.gif

10 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Do I look happy? Do I look settled?

Don't ask me silly questions then...

20 minutes ago, port-ton said:

One of our previous managers did the squad photo then left that night 😂

Yes, but the rumour that Imrie was away started before that interview would even have been filmed. If it had actually happened then the club would know about it and wouldn't be firing up post match interviews online, whereas they knew nothing about McKinnon slithering off when they got the squad photo posted that day.

Also, for all that we can have the "typical Morton" conversation about it, the fact is that we have new ownership and the clown car operation of the previous 20 years should be at an end. Obviously we know gross incompetence remains possible, but while I've not been slow to criticise MCT over various issues I don't think it's fair to tar the current board with the Golden Casket brush. The legacy of various clusterfucks presided over by the Raes shouldn't be tainting the club now.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I have no idea what is and isn't true, but in cases of people leaving employment, everyone can act like normal until it actually happens because nobody wants to be responsible for anything that comes up during negotiations over severance etc. 

Basically I wouldn't read too much into anything. 

EOho8Pw.png

22 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Yes, but the rumour that Imrie was away started before that interview would even have been filmed. If it had actually happened then the club would know about it and wouldn't be firing up post match interviews online, whereas they knew nothing about McKinnon slithering off when they got the squad photo posted that day.

Also, for all that we can have the "typical Morton" conversation about it, the fact is that we have new ownership and the clown car operation of the previous 20 years should be at an end. Obviously we know gross incompetence remains possible, but while I've not been slow to criticise MCT over various issues I don't think it's fair to tar the current board with the Golden Casket brush. The legacy of various clusterfucks presided over by the Raes shouldn't be tainting the club now.

Whilst I agree and there's probably nothing to it, I've listened to that interview again as I didn't hear the first time round what you heard regarding not sounding like a manager who wouldn't be there next season. On second listening my opinion remains the same, there's not one mention or hint towards his or the squads future plans apart from saying he's glad the club are in the division next season. 

We still have the Arbroath game left so it would be foolish for the club not to post match interviews with the manager (don't think there was one last week actually) while he's still here doing his job, and it woild be foolish for Imrie as manager to refuse to do them when he's adored by the fans and employed by the club. 

Definitely nothing in the interview to say he's off, and you're right it's not fair to judge this board as the same board who lost Mckinnon and Johansson in such farcical scenes, but also didn't hear anything that put me any more at ease like it did for you. 

Just now, port-ton said:

Tried to edit my post and ended up replying to myself somehow and don't know how to delete it 😂

32.gif

Aye, no one has explicitly said anything that categorically denies it and it's still possible there has been a fallout which could lead to him leaving after next weekend, but all the rumours suggested he had left already; he evidently hasn't.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived