Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (15th April) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (15th April)

Admin

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Cool. Thanks for playing anyway, champ 👍

You seem upset that your bizarre, shan epistle to nothing wasn't treated seriously.

Oh well; never mind.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Disappointing result and performance. Once again serves to show that despite the improvements under Imrie the squad needs an overhaul in the close season. Too many players produce a performance every so often but we need greater consistency and if we have any aspirations of top four next season a goal scorer.  It is also evident with Muirhead a starter there is little coming off the bench to have a material impact on the game. On a positive though our continued run in the Championship remains in our hands.

Strange that there was no post match from Dougie and it was from McLean not sure if that means Dougie was absolutely raging or they just fancied changing it up. I would keep McLean around the club even as a coach or development team coach not sure if he still feels like he has more to give in playing terms but I think he would be good to have around the club. 

It's still in our hands with 2 games left wouldn't have picked Arbroath and Inverness as the last 2 games but even a point against them on Saturday just to get over the line I would take that and then start looking at contracts and re-build again for next season. On the squad front I would and if we are looking to play a 4-3-3 this would be my thoughts on structure. 

Hamilton

Strapp   CB  CB  RB

Wilson 

CM   CM

LW    Reilly    RW

I would keep Blues, Muirhead, Lithgow and Lyons as squad players however they may move on if they aren't guaranteed playing time. Personally I would keep Ugwu but with the style I think Dougie will play I don't think he fits in and he is too inconsistent he may be a good bench option but again he may want more play time. Personally I think Strapp might get a better offer from elsewhere and I wouldn't expect to keep him which means almost a whole new 11 but I trust imrie to know exactly what he is looking for already, McEntee and Brandon would both easily be in my team but I just can't see us affording or them not getting better offers from elsewhere. 

At half time on Saturday, Dougie was waiting on Collum coming towards the tunnel, Milne had a word with him and Dougie walked away leaving Milne to confront Collum.

When the teams were coming out for the second half, it was Milne again who was having words with Collum.

Dougie would likely be banned if he went too far with his comments etc.

4 hours ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Strange that there was no post match from Dougie and it was from McLean not sure if that means Dougie was absolutely raging or they just fancied changing it up. 

There was a post-match comment from Imrie in the Sunday Mail describing the disallowed goal as a turning point in the game. Which yeah, it probably was, but we then had a full 45 minutes to continue our momentum in the second half and ran out of steam. If the disallowed goal was a turning point then making effective substitutions/tactical changes would have been another, but the management team simply got that wrong. The Oliver sub was reasonable but he didn't take his opportunity to impress - the final two looked like we had chucked it quite frankly. 

There's a learning process of course, but it looks like Imrie only really trusts about 12/13 players in the squad. And as you say, shoehorning Muirhead into a front three gives us few options off the bench. We should go back to a 3-5-2 again for the last couple of games to give us a better balance and a genuine plan B during the game.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Watched highlights there. Error from Hamilton worse than I thought at the time. Has to be doing better there. Can't really put any of the blame on midfielders closing down or following up the shot as it was such a speculative left foot effort. For some reason I'm my head I thought he'd cut in and shot with his right. 

Muirheads sitter before it is even worse than I remember too and Reilly's got to score too. Both every bit as important as Jack's error, as was Mcentee's who gets away with his error thanks to a poor finish. 

Def could have seen a penalty given for the punch on Gozie when he hits the bar, but you rarely see those given. 

The free kick in the lead up to the goal is an absolute joke. Not only is it not a high foot but gozie is actually fouled before that. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

35 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Watched highlights there. Error from Hamilton worse than I thought at the time. Has to be doing better there. Can't really put any of the blame on midfielders closing down or following up the shot as it was such a speculative left foot effort. For some reason I'm my head I thought he'd cut in and shot with his right. 

Muirheads sitter before it is even worse than I remember too and Reilly's got to score too. Both every bit as important as Jack's error, as was Mcentee's who gets away with his error thanks to a poor finish. 

Def could have seen a penalty given for the punch on Gozie when he hits the bar, but you rarely see those given. 

The free kick in the lead up to the goal is an absolute joke. Not only is it not a high foot but gozie is actually fouled before that. 

Agree about Hamilton's error, it was a really bad one. But it's absolutely fair to criticise McEntee there - he should have been following Moyo whatever was happening. If there had been a cross instead of a shot he left McLean in the box with 2 attackers. It was a poor bit of defending from a player who was totally out of sorts in the middle of the three. That doesn't take away from Hamilton's error though, he should have been able to push that wide and out of immediate danger. We presented them with 3 gifts in the first half and were lucky to only be punished by one of them. 

By the rules of the game, surely Gozie absolutely should get a penalty for being punched in the face - it is odd that those ones are so often not given. And for Muirhead's disallowed goal, I thought at the time that Gozie might have fouled him (only because he had to stretch because he was being pulled) but it turns out there wasn't even a foul from Gozie. Terrible refereeing. 

Archived