Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (15th April) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (15th April)

Admin

Worst refereeing performance down here in a while but also probably our worst since QotS. Losing Lithgow before kick-off caused problems. 

Tinely reminder that there are a right few players we need rid of

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

That was poor fare and while Dougie was able to restructure us so we didn't look quite so shaky at the back in the second half, our deficiencies elsewhere on the pitch are all too clear.

We have a decent squad with a good attitude but too many of the basics are just wrong. If we have any sincere hope to challenge top 3/4 next season we need serious recruitment.

I wouldn't say that the basics are wrong as with a less dung delivery (Strapp in our current squad) or more clinical finishing (another day even with this side), we get at least a point from a poor day at the office. 

There is a lack of depth in the current squad though and Imrie doesn't seem to trust many of the first team players who aren't in the line-up. We clearly need to upgrade in central midfield but if Lyon is signed up for next season then it's time for him to play and be absolutely ruthless about Blue. We can't keep all three and add quality in the summer.

1 minute ago, so72 said:

Worst refereeing performance down here in a while 

The previous two home games were marginally worse.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

Still struggling to see what gozie done wrong in lead up to Muirhead disallowed goal.

A high foot. With his foot below waist height.

Not the first time we've drawn 1-1 with Hamilton and the ref has decided it was 1-0 for a laugh, but we had 45 minutes to get back into it and the second half just wasn't good enough. We didn't create a single clear cut chance in that half and Hamilton easily saw it out, while looking more likely to score on the break.

The subs have started getting later and later in recent weeks, changing the formation early was the right thing to do but too many players were having a shite game and lasted 90 minutes. Blues had a (uncharacteristic recently you have to say) howler and Wilson was far from his best, we should have had a change in the middle of the park earlier.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Don't think we were particularly awful compared to our two other defeats under Dougie, but a sloppy goal conceded coupled with multiple guilt edged chances missed and some poor refereeing decisions cost us. Second half was a bit of a non event and we barely looked like scoring. 

Imrie's subs in his first couple of months were so successful at changing games for us but his decisions haven't been paying off as much recently. 

Ayr and Dunfermline both have Partick and QoS to play and I wouldn't put it past those two teams to shit the bed massively so we really need to be picking up a win in these two games, next week preferably. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

11 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Still struggling to see what gozie done wrong in lead up to Muirhead disallowed goal.

Don’t think the ref did either, tbh. He seemed to stop the game without really knowing why tbh, initially looked like it was going to be a free-kick for us then he realised what had happened then eventually decided to give it to them to cover himself. I dunno why Ugwu was shouting and bawling before the ref stopped play though, the ball was breaking through to Muirhead and it probably played a part in the whistle getting blown. Which is besides the point really, but still. 

AWMSC

I have nothing against Alexander King but there is no reason he should be coming on when we have lyon on the bench. His inexperienced showed with a dodgy touch and instant yellow card followed by him breaking down an attack by not being brave enough to take control of the ball on the edge of the hamilton box and instead giving the ball to Wilson when he had 2 players around him.

At times today we looked like we were trying to score the perfect goal especially in the 2nd half could see Dougie getting more frustrated with the wasted possession in the final 3rd.

We really should be safe by now but defensive lapses v ayr and dunfermline and crap refereeing today and v Killie has left us needing to take something from 2 teams at the top of the league one of which might be trying to win the league when we visit.

Just to think we were hoping for 5th and now again we are looking at just avoiding 9th

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Didn’t catch the attendance number but it’s unfortunate we had that result and performance today. I thought that was the busiest the shed has looked for years. Hopefully the people who turned up today keep coming back 

The Willie Column show in the first half with a genuinely baffling decision. 

Second half was just flat, aimless balls to Ugwu who was ineffective, midfield was posted missing all game. 

Looking over our shoulders again when we really should be safe by now. Think the first 6 or 7 games of Imrie's time masked the lack of quality we have. Too many players who are just not good enough and who we should be looking to move on.

Very disappointing that we've passed up another opportunity to secure our place in the Championship and you've got to wonder if it'll come back to bite us. The squad isn't good enough and no amount of tinkering can make us a play off contender without fundamental changes. 

Pretty poor today and we really should have taken some of those chances. We are still 5 points ahead with 2 games we would need to have a melt down in the next 2 games for us to throw it away. 

Let's hope we do the job next week against that miserable turd Dodds and that rabble up north. If Lyon isn't under contact along with Jacobs I can see them both leaving they aren't getting a look in under imrie and clearly there is something going on with Lyon if he can't even get a 20 mins or so off the bench.

Just now, DumfriesTon said:

I want to see Lyon back in the CDM position that he was bossing before being unfairly dropped for Wilson. Not sure what's going on there but we are in much more control of the midfield and more effective in attack when he plays.

I've been hearing for a good few weeks that Reece is carrying an injury.

Maybe he's not working hard enough in training to get back into the team. Blues is wanting dropped after that. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Brutal stuff. Both sides missed sitters in the first half but we offered nothing in the second.

The two below us each have to play QoS and dugmeat Thistle whilst we have to play two of the top three, which is slightly worrying.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Yeah we're going to end up needing a result at Arbroath at this rate. That'll be fun. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived