Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (15th April) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (15th April)

Admin

The back 3 were having a nightmare, particularly McEntee and Ledger. Slightly better since they swapped them about. We should've been punished at the back, and as it was it was Hamilton not dealing well with a shot which cost us. 

We could've scored a few ourselves, and wasteful that we haven't. A couple of terrible pieces of refereeing hasn't helped - why do referees never see Ugwu's shirt being pulled (even when it's almost pulled right off him)? 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell's final ball has been poor today compared to Strapp's, which is a minor issue that can make the difference. Lyon deserves to get a chance in the middle of the park as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Blues offers a goal threat from midfield but that is not enough to justify a central midfield role. 

The final ball from the left hand side continues to handicap us.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The last batch of subs hasn't helped either.

The last half hour has been really disappointing. We ran out of ideas and Ugwu has just given away a daft, petulant foul that sums up the attitude. I can understand that the players might be frustrated but they didn't channel it in the right way. 

That was poor fare and while Dougie was able to restructure us so we didn't look quite so shaky at the back in the second half, our deficiencies elsewhere on the pitch are all too clear.

We have a decent squad with a good attitude but too many of the basics are just wrong. If we have any sincere hope to challenge top 3/4 next season we need serious recruitment.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived