Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Kilmarnock (1st April) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Kilmarnock (1st April)

Admin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on form. He had a tough first half out wide but that's what he's here for. Great stuff. 

We'd surely have taken a draw at KO but if we don't go on to win this it's points very much dropped. 

EOho8Pw.png

Dougie’s well hacked off. You could see him fighting back the rage in that interview, and quite right too. We were the better team in every respect and the players should be proud of that. Killie never looked like league leaders, not even close. They looked like desperate fouling, cheating dirty bastards a lot of the time. But yet again it was Morton 1 Ref 1. 

Was great t have Chris and a proper Morton point of view at long long last on BBC.....I think those armchair fans may be enticed to come along after that which can't be a bad thing imho.

Should have won but you can't complain about the performance

That was our best performance for some time. A bit more composure when the chances came our way and the non-penalty would be less of an issue. Clear that for some time now we have not been getting the rub of the green, big decisions going the way of the opposition and the inconsistent officials unable to see when we are due a stonewaller. Who knows what is going to happen in the Championship but the gap between the teams at the top and the bottom is minimal.

43 minutes ago, Nornirontons said:

Wilson has been outstanding btw

I was thinking the same watching on TV.  I hadn't really seen it until now except in brief flashes but I can see why Imrie brought him in now.  Cooncil Darren Fletcher.

Let's be honest though, playing football like that won't be likely to bring back the fans in huge numbers but it's an effective and proven way to be successful in this league as Livi proved.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Wilson is deceptively quick and has some engine on him. His ability to get his head or a leg in to stop and attack is priceless as well. 

He's started passing the ball to his teammates in recent weeks too and scored a 30 yard thunderbolt vs Dunfermline as well. 

Could be a big player for us next season if we hold on to him. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

For what it's worth it looked to me that Wilson had been told to do his job and play it simple rather than try his usual FIFA pass....which was much more effective as generally a 5 yard pass is when your not blessed with ability above our level. If Wilson sticks to that(which I was crying out for) then he will be a good player to have next season imho

great to see Ugwu looking like a player tonight and great to see so many determined performances across the piece. Killie looked totally bereft of ideas and Imrie schooled Del all night.

Referee's performance was nothing short of abysmal but that's the standard the SFA aspire to. 

Well done to all for their commitment, energy and skill. Great to watch.

Wilson, Strapp and McEntee all superb. Thought Oliver was great as well when he came on. 

Special mention to Ugwu who I thought was great too after some stick in the last few weeks. Everything that you want from a centre forward. 

It's another point but it's two points dropped. Referee an absolute shambles and has cost us that as Kilmarnock were never scoring in a million years. 

We're effectively 9 ahead of Dunfermline with us having a better goal difference so I'm pretty confident we'll be OK now. 

Archived