Our 150th anniversary approaches - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Our 150th anniversary approaches

TRVMP

I saw Rangers celebrated their quote-unquote 150th year with some game against Luis Figo's World XI.

Our own sesquicentennial is not too far off. It feels like something to celebrate. We're one of the oldest professional clubs in the world, after all, and now owned by the fans.

There's a risk of overdoing it but I think there's another risk of underdoing it. It feels like the sort of thing that could engage some lost fans, if we brought everyone together.

Really just back of a napkin stuff right now but what kind of thing would you like to see?

EOho8Pw.png

I know the clubs history with websites leaves a lot to be desired but, at the very least, a dedicated 150th anniversary website detailing the clubs journey from inception to 150 years would be great, a season by season account if possible.

It could/should include as much historic media as humanly possible from profiles of our most important players, managers and chairmen (even he must not be named) to as many videos of matches, interviews or specials about the club.  Also these shouldn't just be tagged on like the usual youtube videos, they should (if possible) be cleaned up so they don't still look like footage of someone's old vhs recording of a 90's Sportscene that's been uploaded online

here today, gone to hell

• 3 weeks later...

Archived