Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (26th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (26th March)

Admin

Would you like to showcase your business to c. 10,000 people in the Inverclyde area_ E-mail TheMortonForum@gmail.com to discuss how we can move your business forward! (1).png

We are currently seeking a title sponsor. Our sponsorship package includes your company logo being included in the header of every page of our website, a radio-style ad on our podcast and a weekly social media post on all three of our platforms, with a following of over 10,000. If you own a local business and wish to establish, maintain or diversify your customer base in the Inverclyde area, contact TheMortonForum@gmail.com!

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. The Clyde Eats app is available to download from Google Play and the App Store now!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased to listen to Dougie’s pre-match thoughts. Good on him for playing by the rules and referring to that miserable lot as “Partick” and him addressing the pitch invasions is probably a much more sensible approach than stories in the red tops about fans being banned. Let’s be honest, the weans aren’t going to listen to any of the directors.

The main thing I took from it was his point about Reece Lyon though, accepting he was over the top in his criticisms. It would’ve been very easy for him to privately apologise to Reece and move on from there, but publicly admitting he wasn’t terribly fair on his player in the heat of the moment is an admission that he himself isn’t perfect, and should strengthen the trust between him and the player/squad as a whole.

If you’re going to publicly criticise folk, you’ve got to be big enough to admit when you were out of line, and to see him doing so strikes me as very good management.

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Very pleased to listen to Dougie’s pre-match thoughts. Good on him for playing by the rules and referring to that miserable lot as “Partick” and him addressing the pitch invasions is probably a much more sensible approach than stories in the red tops about fans being banned. Let’s be honest, the weans aren’t going to listen to any of the directors.

The main thing I took from it was his point about Reece Lyon though, accepting he was over the top in his criticisms. It would’ve been very easy for him to privately apologise to Reece and move on from there, but publicly admitting he wasn’t terribly fair on his player in the heat of the moment is an admission that he himself isn’t perfect, and should strengthen the trust between him and the player/squad as a whole.

If you’re going to publicly criticise folk, you’ve got to be big enough to admit when you were out of line, and to see him doing so strikes me as very good management.

I'd be prepared to bet that when Reece hangs up his boots, hopefully many years from now and after a long and successful career, he'll look back on Sir Dougie as being one of his biggest positive influences. He and everyone else can learn a lot from him, on and off the park. I love his ruthless and absolute commitment to improving every aspect of all the players' game. We should appreciate and enjoy him while we have him. 

10 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I'd be prepared to bet that when Reece hangs up his boots, hopefully many years from now and after a long and successful career, he'll look back on Sir Dougie as being one of his biggest positive influences. He and everyone else can learn a lot from him, on and off the park. I love his ruthless and absolute commitment to improving every aspect of all the players' game. We should appreciate and enjoy him while we have him. 

Spot on, CHC. Many young players at Derby in the 1970’s would regularly have seven bells of verbal shit ripped out of them by Brian Clough. Each and every one of them would go on to have illustrious careers, including a few internationals. Years later, they all cited Clough as a huge driving force and influence on their careers, saying that the combination of discipline and guidance moulded them into the players they became.

The longer Imrie is in post, the more impressed I am with him. Would not surprise me if he was a significant factor in some of the recent contract extensions being accepted by players. Also it seems likely that players who would previously go elsewhere might now consider Morton a more attractive option. Hope he can persuade Strapp and Hamilton to extend too.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

The longer Imrie is in post, the more impressed I am with him. Would not surprise me if he was a significant factor in some of the recent contract extensions being accepted by players. Also it seems likely that players who would previously go elsewhere might now consider Morton a more attractive option. Hope he can persuade Strapp and Hamilton to extend too.

I’d quite like us to get Imrie’s contract extended by another year as soon as we’re officially safe. The turnaround since he came in has been unbelievable, and right now I’m quietly confident for next season once he gets his own squad signed up. If we get off to a flyer, teams looking for a new manager will be interested. 

I know it's early days but in terms of his presence and the impact he has had since he got the job Imrie is the best manager we have had for a long while. He is so passionate and wants to do well he doesn't care about the other teams and just keeps focusing on ourselves so refreshing to here. 

Big game today if we get the 3 points it's massive. Think McEntee will be a massive miss but still confident we can get the job done. 

Big game and a real opportunity to bury the ghosts of Hopkin and MacPherson and their philosophy of failure. Good to see Imrie back where he belongs and 3pts are their to be won with the right attitude and application.

No daft giveaway goals please.

6 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

Spot on, CHC. Many young players at Derby in the 1970’s would regularly have seven bells of verbal shit ripped out of them by Brian Clough. Each and every one of them would go on to have illustrious careers, including a few internationals. Years later, they all cited Clough as a huge driving force and influence on their careers, saying that the combination of discipline and guidance moulded them into the players they became.

Whereas Allan Mahood says he was a bully and a prick.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

This 3-4-1-2 isn't working with any selection. The two central midfielders aren't good enough to control the game, while the front three are no longer pressing well enough to stop the opposition from waltzing forward with the ball. We would be better off with a 3-5-2 than this halfway house. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived