Match Preview/Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (18th March) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (18th March)

Admin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TRVMP said:

Nobody on the near post?

1-1 is an acceptable result because it's been an absolute bin fire of a game but still, you can't be losing soft goals with two minutes to play.

Muirhead was on the front post. He did a very silly thing and stepped off it, following the flight of the ball to try to get a touch. That's who Hamilton was going crazy at. 

Just now, SpoonTon said:

Muirhead was on the front post. He did a very silly thing and stepped off it, following the flight of the ball to try to get a touch. That's who Hamilton was going crazy at. 

Aye after I typed that my brother messaged me the same thing. I understand the impulse to want to get in front of the ball but if you're on the post you're on the post. Leicester have lost several goals doing this recently, I'll never understand it.

EOho8Pw.png

4 of the last 6 at home and Sir Douglas' farce ban is done. That performance was poor and hopefully they won't get away with that with the real manager back in the dugout.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

A better point for us than Dunfermline. We rode our luck tonight but frustrating we played so poor over the 90 minutes. Dunfermline never looked like scoring until the moment Muirhead switched off at a corner and didn't he know it! Defensively we were solid but once again midfield and up front we offered very little. The limitations in the squad are clear for all to see but still we should have been more ambitious against a very ordinary Dunfermline. 

Good to see Imrie less than happy in the post-match interview.  He called it as most fans saw it and was also unwilling to big up Dunfermline rather showing frustration at a defensive error that gave them a point.

I've not been as nervous watching Morton for a long time. 

Stinking performance but deserved nothing from that. Dunfermline battered us but it's another game down and if we keep getting points then we'll be OK. 

McEntee is an outstanding defender - MOTM again. Special mention to Kyle Jacobs who was absolutely appalling when he came on, and also losing his man at the corner. Thought the subs were badly timed tonight. 

Get it so far up Michael Stewart, Learned Crichton and Jack Ross BTW. Incredibly bias east coast bias all night. 

4 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Stinking performance but deserved nothing from that. Dunfermline battered us but it's another game down and if we keep getting points then we'll be OK. 

McEntee is an outstanding defender - MOTM again. Special mention to Kyle Jacobs who was absolutely appalling when he came on, and also losing his man at the corner. Thought the subs were badly timed tonight. 

Get it so far up Michael Stewart, Learned Crichton and Jack Ross BTW. Incredibly bias east coast bias all night. 

Michael Stewart was actually very complimentary of us.. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

9 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

I thought they got it just about right. We were pish, Dunfermline won the possession game but are toothless up front and we were fortunate to get anything out of the game. No bias we were pish.

Disappointed not to win but we got hammered so can't really complain. 

The good thing with Imrie is he can get a team to soak up pressure, press high, etc to get a result. Defending needs done as much as attacking and we done that really well so talk of being lucky to get a point is nonsense. 

Jacobs poor for the goal.,..nobody else t blame there.

Dougie's pre match interview suggested a smash and grab or a point was how he was looking at it...was interesting seeing our centre backs pushing up individually on their own particularly Ledger and McEntee it didn't give Lawless and co time t turn and face goal which worked magnificently in open play. Ledger and MOTM McEtee where super at that and put in a great shift.

Overall a decent point and a game quickly forgotten tbh

Should have been 3 pts but thanks to a lack of quality in the midfield and any decent opportunities up front we let it slip. Muirhead is not worthy of a start if that's what he's got to offer (don't start me on his comatose effort on defending the front post).  Defence looked composed all night and the Pars were only ever get a goal from a mistake.

Pity we didn't put any pressure on their keeper as he looked scared shitless. Jacobs was a waste of a jersey and Oliver and Ugwu looked dead on their feet.

A point isn't dreadful given how much they needed a win but it's 2 pts unnecessarily dropped.

We defended very well given how poorly we played in the midfield and up front. Ugwu was rancid but Muirhead didn't do much when he came on either - we badly lacked an out ball in the second half. The midfield was dominated in possession throughout but did their defensive jobs well, apart from Oliver who was an unneeded luxury. 

The formation was the wrong one to play against a 4-2-3-1. Our centre backs did their fundamental job really well but we couldn't move the ball because there were no options in possession. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

32 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

We defended very well given how poorly we played in the midfield and up front. Ugwu was rancid but Muirhead didn't do much when he came on either - we badly lacked an out ball in the second half. The midfield was dominated in possession throughout but did their defensive jobs well, apart from Oliver who was an unneeded luxury. 

The formation was the wrong one to play against a 4-2-3-1. Our centre backs did their fundamental job really well but we couldn't move the ball because there were no options in possession. 

Agreed.

The thing with Imrie is he's working with a squad he's inherited and has made us pick up points through organisation and attitude regardless of our limitations. He's doing what's needed for that even if it's sitting in.

It's a superb job regardless but comparing it to guys like Hughes who stick to what they do regardless of players is even more impressive. Shiels is an even more extreme example of that. 

Can't wait to see what he does with his own players. 

Archived