Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March)

Admin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

As the club statement says this could lead to a fine, money that could be better used elsewhere.

Nobody should be on the pitch. My sympathy for the club's mewling about fines and lost money is zero right now though, while we have the ongoing nick of the entry system (people being waved through turnstiles that are usually not working; delays being allowed in to actually watch the game yesterday). That's money being chucked away on a fortnightly basis. Which was added to yesterday with a farcical exit policy from the Cowshed, that could easily have turned into a crush thanks to the clowncar stewarding on display. 

Crowd management on matchdays works both ways and so the club needs to take its role just as seriously as the responsibility of fans - though yesterday's statement does at least note the stewarding as an issue. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Mcentee celebrating the 2nd goal in the highlights is class. That's what you want to see from a loan player while he's at your club. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

6 hours ago, Toulouse Le Plot said:

Its a pleasure.

You must be one of the wee fannies who ran onto the pitch yesterday then bolted at the train station when the thistle fans made a move🤣.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

4 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Nobody should be on the pitch. My sympathy for the club's mewling about fines and lost money is zero right now though, while we have the ongoing nick of the entry system (people being waved through turnstiles that are usually not working; delays being allowed in to actually watch the game yesterday). That's money being chucked away on a fortnightly basis. Which was added to yesterday with a farcical exit policy from the Cowshed, that could easily have turned into a crush thanks to the clowncar stewarding on display. 

Crowd management on matchdays works both ways and so the club needs to take its role just as seriously as the responsibility of fans - though yesterday's statement does at least note the stewarding as an issue. 

The first thing that should happen is to put away teams right back in the portakabins and demand the real dressing rooms can be used again. It’s simply not acceptable to be having fans being kept outside for ages and missing the start of the game for this shite, likewise not allowing them to move round the stadium.

Since it was announced that the stairs would be closed off 10 mins before full-time (any rational observer would take this to be 4:35), we went to go round to the Sinclair Street end just before 4:30 only for some ludicrous fanny with a ginger mullet thing to insist that actually, the area was “over capacity”. What a load of shite, especially when maybe 10 stewards including said ludicrous fanny stood doing fuck all around that area as people spilled on to the pitch for the third and fourth times at the other end. It’s an absolute piece of nonsense and isn’t on: if Partick had won or even equalised we probably wouldn’t have got out for quite some time with their players going to their fans. Obviously them diddies winning is of no concern to us but nonetheless, it’s a situation that needs ended immediately.

Shout out to the stewards who demanded the single queue outside kept to the pavement, presumably to allow all the traffic to get by easily on the closed off road.

AWMSC

The stewards need to be reminded that they're there as a safety requirement and not to boss folk about. Their collective attitude to the punters is stinking. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I’m all for a bit of whataboutery myself with things like this, and interesting that your man fails to mention the Partick fans taunting Dougie with unfounded allegations about his parents, whilst besmirching Muirhead’s character for the heinous crimes of *checks notes* cupping his ears and sticking his tongue out.

Hope he and his inbred little brat had a thoroughly shite weekend and the other little Tarquins at Hutcheson’s Grammar steal his lunch money, the little cunt.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I’m all for a bit of whataboutery myself with things like this, and interesting that your man fails to mention the Partick fans taunting Dougie with unfounded allegations about his parents, whilst besmirching Muirhead’s character for the heinous crimes of *checks notes* cupping his ears and sticking his tongue out.

Hope he and his inbred little brat had a thoroughly shite weekend and the other little Tarquins at Hutcheson’s Grammar steal his lunch money, the little cunt.

😂😂😂

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Just now, TONofmemories said:

There really should be a follow up to the "why do you hate Falkirk" thread for Thistle, shouldn't there.

Odious club.

Incidentally, can we stop calling them “Thistle”?

They absolutely hate getting called “Partick”, and in my experiences their fans prefer “Thistle” so in the interests of being petty as fuck, refer to them as Partick.

Similar rules apply to Albion, who prefer to be called Rovers, and to East Stirling, who like to be called “The Shire”.

Glad that’s been cleared up, thank you.

I agree thoroughly. Horrible wee club with horrible bastard supporters. Their claim of "hating the old firm" is adorable and screams "we are relevant too" when in actual fact their biggest game of the season is against us. 

Never trust a team with no 'real' rivals.

4 hours ago, Toby said:

They absolutely hate getting called “Partick”, and in my experiences their fans prefer “Thistle” so in the interests of being petty as fuck, refer to them as Partick.

Similar rules apply to Albion, who prefer to be called Rovers, and to East Stirling, who like to be called “The Shire”.

Morton fans' attitudes towards pretty much every other club in Scotland always reminds me of the Simpsons' sketch with Groundskeeper Willie talking about natural enemies and Skinner saying "you Scots sure are a contentious people".

It is, frankly, one of our greatest features and I wouldn't have it any other way - all these other bumpkins deserve nothing but scorn and contempt from the denizens of Sinclair Street.

AWMSC

27 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

From the Scottish Sun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8558049/crowd-trouble-fans-stewards-invade-pitch-morton-partick-thistle/amp/

I don't see how they can say Chick Young wrongly blamed the Partick fans.

From the stand it was clear that the Partick fans were trying to enter the stairs leading into the shed.

Guaranteed that guy wasn't at the game and is just parroting the line of some Firhill fanny.

Also, curiously little mention of the clown flinging a smoke canister from there end given how precious they apparently are about players celebrating goals.

AWMSC

5 hours ago, Toby said:

This...

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, ChampTon said:

I agree thoroughly. Horrible wee club with horrible bastard supporters. Their claim of "hating the old firm" is adorable and screams "we are relevant too" when in actual fact their biggest game of the season is against us. 

Never trust a team with no 'real' rivals.

Also applies to Falkirk, funnily enough, whose big 'derby' is with Dunfermline. 

Say what you will about Ayr - for example they're a made-up franchise team in a rugby town supported by dullards and who'll never, ever win a major trophy - but at least their derby is real. 

EOho8Pw.png

11 hours ago, Toby said:

Any Partick Thistle supporters calling any rival players or manager a 'paedo' should take a closer look at their own club's disgraceful history:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/275963/partick-thistle-sacked-physio-over-sex-abuse-allegations-but-police-were-not-informed/

The 'Great Glasgow Alternative' my arse.  Just another pea from the same pod.

*insert signature here*

Archived