Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March)

Admin

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GiGi said:

We've watched fans do it to us at Cappielow for too long. This has been coming while fans in the Dublin end have had free reign to get it up us for as long as I can remember with no consequences.

Not only that, the stewards had also obviously identified a few kids out of the dozens who were on the park and tried to physically detain them after full time. Thankfully there was enough adults around to take the stewards hands off them and get them out of the ground. 

Again not impressed with these cunts picking on a couple of easy targets when they did nothing to stop fans invading the park in the first place. Do you think there was anyone waiting on their fans at full time to forcibly hold them in the ground? 

Shower of power hungry bastards and the club needs to get a grip of their behaviour before that of some kids. 

Well said GiGi ... my sentiments exactly.

2 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

D56C8DD2-A71E-4E71-BB15-9DE17007CB59.jpeg

A Possil peasant foolishly considers the Cappielow bearpit as a training ground exercise for his irrelevant wee sprog to 'experience victory'. Better luck next time.

It's just a shame that any of those mewling losers slinked out of the Metropolis without a shower of rivets and/or that gubbins Belgium flag being seized and lit on fire next to the indoor bowling club. 

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

I've ran out of red dots for today, can somebody do me a favour please.

You're such a fucking weirdo. 

Your 'red dot' behaviour is wildly tinpoint. Maybe try supporting Falkirk next season chump.

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

It felt like one of those days, when Reilly missed that chance before we equalised, but Dougie shuffled the pack and we came up trumps. That’s the past few games now where we’ve been a bit slow out of the blocks, with a lack of pace and movement in midfield. I reckon McGrattan and possibly Muirhead have staked a claim for a start next week. 

1 hour ago, RealTonKid said:

It felt like one of those days, when Reilly missed that chance before we equalised, but Dougie shuffled the pack and we came up trumps. That’s the past few games now where we’ve been a bit slow out of the blocks, with a lack of pace and movement in midfield. I reckon McGrattan and possibly Muirhead have staked a claim for a start next week. 

I was talking to my wee brother on Facebook during the game and when Reilly missed the sitter that's exactly what I said. I said that was the chance and now the heads would go down and we'd concede again. That'll serve me right to question Sir Douglas. 

McGrattan, based on what little I've seen has the ability to follow Lyon and Strapp into a regular starting spot. Hopefully we can secure safety in the next few weeks and he can get a run in the team, since he's under contract for a while. 

EOho8Pw.png

9 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

D56C8DD2-A71E-4E71-BB15-9DE17007CB59.jpeg

0E6A726E-4300-43E3-B7F1-C08DE2481CAE.jpeg

Tremendous that a lifetime of parenting can be undone by Robbie Muirhead holding his arms out in front of the away end. Fucking Partick fans.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Spot on GiGi. Summed up better than I could have. That yesterday is a direct result of wee guys having had enough of stewards bullying and hounding them all fucking season. Not so long ago the stewards literally ring fenced a group of kids in on sinclair Street 😂

I could probably go onto tontastic and get pics of countless teams that spill over onto the pitch at cappielow when there's a big enough crowd to merit the WDE and same again yesterday. Not a single thing done.

Good on the young team. Fucking tremendous patter if you ask me and even better it happened against the Maryhill margaritas. Fantastic stuff 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

32 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Tremendous that a lifetime of parenting can be undone by Robbie Muirhead holding his arms out in front of the away end. Fucking Partick fans.

And the cheek to stick his tongue out as well🤣.

Can someone do the honourable thing for capitanus and red dot me please.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

10 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Spot on GiGi. Summed up better than I could have. That yesterday is a direct result of wee guys having had enough of stewards bullying and hounding them all fucking season. Not so long ago the stewards literally ring fenced a group of kids in on sinclair Street 😂

I could probably go onto tontastic and get pics of countless teams that spill over onto the pitch at cappielow when there's a big enough crowd to merit the WDE and same again yesterday. Not a single thing done.

Good on the young team. Fucking tremendous patter if you ask me and even better it happened against the Maryhill margaritas. Fantastic stuff 

Sorry I don't agree with this at all. We are justifying neds running into the pitch during and after the game because other teams fans have done it and because the stewards are hopeless. That's a pish attitude to have and one that we should be trying to eradicate from our club. By all means celebrate goals, create and lap up an atmosphere and give it big licks to the opposition but follow the fucking rules and don't act like clowns.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

5 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

Could do with Oliver back against Dunfermline. He loves a goal against them.

Aye, given we've been the best team in the league over a couple of months and they've both been in the team, I think it's fair to say we probably do miss them a bit. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Sorry I don't agree with this at all. We are justifying neds running into the pitch during and after the game because other teams fans have done it and because the stewards are hopeless. That's a pish attitude to have and one that we should be trying to eradicate from our club. By all means celebrate goals, create and lap up an atmosphere and give it big licks to the opposition but follow the fucking rules and don't act like clowns.

Those on the park are being referred to as the Young Team or Weans.

There was a couple of photos doing the rounds in the hospitality lounge immediately after the game of people on the park who were clearly not Weans. At least mid to late twenties and should have known better.

As the club statement says this could lead to a fine, money that could be better used elsewhere.

And yes, the stewarding needs to be urgently looked at.

3 hours ago, astuartm said:

So where were Oliver and Blues? Not that I missed them?

The reason was on the Match Preview on official site

“We’ll be missing a few players tomorrow with Cameron Blues out through illness, Gary Oliver is struggling with a back injury and Brian McLean is still recovering from surgery on his thumb but apart from that everyone else is fit and raring to go.”

Wilson, Lyon and McGratten should start next week. I think Wilson is getting a very unduly tough press, he’s not perfect but he does an awful lot of good things in games although obviously there’s some bad stuff there too.

I think he’d be better in a more balanced midfield though where he’d maybe only have to do, say, half of what he does now and with a more defined purpose: just as an example, there was a moment in the second half when he had the ball on the Cowshed touch line and eventually had to try to flick the ball round a defender and run on to it because there was nobody at all near him to pass it too…which is exactly the function he should serve, imo. He’s the guy who’ll (in theory) always be  there as an option for the man on the ball, the guy to double/triple up on opponents etc, but the imbalance overall and also the inefficiency of teammates is resulting in him being forced into far more actions than he should need to be involved in and Lyon and McGratten seem a much better blend beside him than anything else we’ve seen, players who constantly want the ball and aren’t scared to try to use it when they have it.

AWMSC

12 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

So is it good or embarrassing like your weird little twitter says?

You're the type that sits behind a computer all day with packets of crisps everywhere and bottles of irn bru all over the place. Strange wee dweeb

What an absolute fucking minter of a guy you are man :lol: 

Archived