Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March)

Admin

Superb result and didn’t see that coming at half time. We were much improved and definitely deserved the 3 points. 

Special mention to a monumental stewarding failure today. Acting the big man Harassing young boys outside the turnstiles over nothing, then doing heehaw to manage both sets of supporters entering the pitch.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TRVMP said:

We're getting fined for a pitch invasion. According to Gerry there's a lad on the pitch trying to get a selfie with Gozie Ugwu.

Also: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

Fuck the family club and all who sail in her.

See tbh though, I did find it pretty funny after our second just because all their wee fannies done it after theirs, but yes, agreed. Those peasants should be grateful to even be able to be near Morton though, never mind thinking they can come and give it big licks like that. Get it right up them.

Muirhead’s celebration was class too, regardless of anything else you might say about him there’s just something about the way he carries himself that just made him look cool as fuck doing that.

Some laugh overall though, that Partick team is horrible and entirely befitting of their shitey wee club. 

AWMSC

Well that was lovely. Had the fear after the pitch invasion especially they’d equalise, but glorious to beat that horrible rabble yet again.

Lets never use/speak of that first half midfield setup ever again.

6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Well that was lovely. Had the fear after the pitch invasion especially they’d equalise, but glorious to beat that horrible rabble yet again.

Lets never use/speak of that first half midfield setup ever again.

To be fair to Wilson, he never hides and always wants to get on the ball and try to make things happen. Not sure I'd keep him but he puts a shift in. 

I'd also put a shift in but I'm absolutely mung at football. 

Wilson hasn't been quite as bad as some people say over the course of his time here, but he's been sorely lacking in the last two games. Given that he needed time to get match sharpness back, that's a bad sign. 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

The club's got to figure out something about the pitch invasions. We need a way to balance letting young kids into the game without too much hassle against the risk of fines.

A marked improvement in the second half. Not a classic game but we ground out a result through hard work.

The problem was not having police in both ends as a deterrent. The minute Partick fans came on without challenge there was only one way it was going if we scored so tbh fk the club for not having it properly secure before kick off. 

On the game we played for 15 minutes and in the end I'm delighted we've handed that horrible shower of shite a defeat. 

Lovely stuff. Pitch invasions were embarrassing. Reckon if we win next week we will be safe.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

4 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

The problem was not having police in both ends as a deterrent. The minute Partick fans came on without challenge there was only one way it was going if we scored so tbh fk the club for not having it properly secure before kick off. 

On the game we played for 15 minutes and in the end I'm delighted we've handed that horrible shower of shite a defeat. 

What do you mean "fk the club" - we are the club? The club need to find a way to engage and encourage the young lads while making them understand their actions today could end up damaging the team they support.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Lovely stuff. Pitch invasions were embarrassing. Reckon if we win next week we will be safe.

We've watched fans do it to us at Cappielow for too long. This has been coming while fans in the Dublin end have had free reign to get it up us for as long as I can remember with no consequences.

Not only that, the stewards had also obviously identified a few kids out of the dozens who were on the park and tried to physically detain them after full time. Thankfully there was enough adults around to take the stewards hands off them and get them out of the ground. 

Again not impressed with these cunts picking on a couple of easy targets when they did nothing to stop fans invading the park in the first place. Do you think there was anyone waiting on their fans at full time to forcibly hold them in the ground? 

Shower of power hungry bastards and the club needs to get a grip of their behaviour before that of some kids. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 minute ago, HamCam said:

What do you mean "fk the club" - we are the club? The club need to find a way to engage and encourage the young lads while making them understand their actions today could end up damaging the team they support.

The club weren't able to handle that crowd today so fk them lessons need to be learned. 

The problem initially wasn't our young boys. If Partick don't breach the park after there goal near do we. 

Our young boys aren't on the park week after week it was a reaction to there's not saying its right but to blame them is just wrong as the problem. 

41 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I'd also put a shift in but I'm absolutely mung at football. 

Wilson hasn't been quite as bad as some people say over the course of his time here, but he's been sorely lacking in the last two games. Given that he needed time to get match sharpness back, that's a bad sign. 

Wilson was okay today but like Jacobs you can't ask him to pass and move the ball too much. It has to be one or the other and giving them a defined role screening the back three. We have Lyon and others as a supporting option for the forwards but need someone to link it all together and run the midfield - a Jamie Lindsay type. 

That's a key target for Imrie to let us storm this dogshite league next season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

First game I've missed this season either attending or watching a stream. Sounds like I missed some scenes. 

That's twice this team have won after two poor performances and defeats and there's been a bit of panic from fans after each defeat. 

We will lose games and play poorly but I have every confidence in this teams mentality since Dougie came in. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Away teams need to be punted back to a shed, or better yet just give them them away dressing room and bring them out first for each half.

Shambles at prematch and a full time with queues.

The club needs to find a better solution, Cant have fans showing up at 2.45 and missing the start of the game.  

Considering we are heading in a positive direction attendance levels will inevitably rise.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

39 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

It's true that Thistle started it and it's true that the lack of police doubtless contributed to it. Stewards didn't cover themselves in glory either. 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, EanieMeany said:

See tbh though, I did find it pretty funny after our second just because all their wee fannies done it after there’s, but yes, agreed. Those peasants should be grateful to even be able to be near Morton never mind thinking they can come and give it big licks like that. Get it right up them.

Muirhead’s celebration was class too, regardless of anything else you might say about him there’s just something about the way he carries himself that just made him look cool as fuck doing that.

Some laugh overall though, that Partick team is horrible and entirely befitting of their shitey wee club. 

Screenshot_20220312-132909_Brave.jpg

Lad. 

EOho8Pw.png

Great fight back. Almost everyone seems to have realised as soon as the team was announced that having Wilson & Jacobs on at the same time was unlikely to work, although maybe the idea was to reinforce the defence at the expense of our attacking capability. It was obvious that things improved significantly when Jacobs went off (I think the same would have been true had Wilson been subbed). Mcgrattan added an attacking threat that we had lacked. It turned the game. Once ahead we sat too deep and lived dangerously - I think had we continued to press forward we could have got a third, but in the end McEntee saved us from conceding with that superb block.

I think Mcgrattan should start next week. Dunfermline are poor and we should be going there to win. Wilson or Jacobs, but not both. A win and I doubt we’ll have to worry about relegation this season. Even now, we are probably safe.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

11 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Screenshot_20220312-132909_Brave.jpg

Lad. 

Is that Richard Foster glaring at Muirhead as Robbie shows the away fans what he was doing with Amy Macdonald on Friday night?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived