Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (12th March)

Admin

And why are home fans being kept back in the Cowshed at the final whistle, to let those vermin scuttle into a gym? Why are even still entertaining this fucking nonsense?  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes was enough evidence to confirm the very obvious hypothesis that Jacobs and Wilson together would not work. You can play two holding midfielders in front of a back four, in front of a back three you leave the wing backs nothing to aim at and end up with nothing but a hopeful hoof from centre backs which is easily mopped up because your opposition know the hoof is coming if they press you.

There was a blatant handball from one of the many hopeful crosses into the box, but we've created nothing really. We need an attacking sub.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

7 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

10 minutes was enough evidence to confirm the very obvious hypothesis that Jacobs and Wilson together would not work. You can play two holding midfielders in front of a back four, in front of a back three you leave the wing backs nothing to aim at and end up with nothing but a hopeful hoof from centre backs which is easily mopped up because your opposition know the hoof is coming if they press you.

There was a blatant handball from one of the many hopeful crosses into the box, but we've created nothing really. We need an attacking sub.

M. Russell

L. McGrattan

A. Easdale

D. Hynes

J. Bysouth

L. McGregor

R. Muirhead

A. King

There's the attacking options. McGrattan on for me.

EOho8Pw.png

25 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

There's the attacking options. McGrattan on for me.

^^^
kens the score

Great assist for the youngster. 

Reilly atones for that howler of a miss earlier with a powerful finish.

EOho8Pw.png

We're getting fined for a pitch invasion. According to Gerry there's a lad on the pitch trying to get a selfie with Gozie Ugwu.

Also: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

Fuck the family club and all who sail in her.

EOho8Pw.png

The club's got to figure out something about the pitch invasions. We need a way to balance letting young kids into the game without too much hassle against the risk of fines.

A marked improvement in the second half. Not a classic game but we ground out a result through hard work.

EOho8Pw.png

Seven points from this fucking gang over the season, despite being managed by Gus MacPherson for two of the games.

Forever in our shadow.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The subs changed that. McGrattan needs to start going forward. Bit of pace, skill and composure in the final 3rd. Everything Jacobs hasn't got unfortunately. 

Another big goal from Muirhead and a nice GIRFUY celebrations. 

Special mention to Hamilton's save right before our equaliser. Brilliant.

McGrattan has looked handy every time he's come on in the last few months. Would have had him a bit sooner but it all worked out in the end. 

Really fucking love beating Partick.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

The subs changed that. McGrattan needs to start going forward. Bit of pace, skill and composure in the final 3rd. Everything Jacobs hasn't got unfortunately. 

Another big goal from Muirhead and a nice GIRFUY celebrations. 

Special mention to Hamilton's save right before our equaliser. Brilliant.

100% agree about the team having no pace in it....IIRC Imrie has also mentioned it and it's something that looks likely to be addressed in the close season... Still..

GIRFUY THISTLE!!!!

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

And why are home fans being kept back in the Cowshed at the final whistle, to let those vermin scuttle into a gym? Why are even still entertaining this fucking nonsense?  

Announced that the bit would shut ten minutes before full time but they did it early since it was 'over capacity' behind the goal. Guys didn't have a clue and the head guy just turned his back at the pitch invasion 😂

Archived