Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (22nd February) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (22nd February)

Admin

Glad I bought the stream tonight, though the commentator was horrendous, doing a radio commentary non stop.

They were no great shakes but the pitch was the winner. McEntee so cool to slot that away. Beautiful.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive win.

Four wins from the remaining 10 games would essentially guarantee survival from this position even if we lost the other six - we've won five and lost only one of Imrie's eight league games. Nice as it'd be to blow teams away like we did against Dunfermline, taking six points from the last three games when performances have dipped and we've played one of those on a tattie field which makes it near impossible to trap a ball shows we're capable of grinding results out as well. While we're not quite safe yet, that's an entirely achievable target.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Massive win.

Four wins from the remaining 10 games would essentially guarantee survival from this position even if we lost the other six - we've won five and lost only one of Imrie's eight league games. Nice as it'd be to blow teams away like we did against Dunfermline, taking six points from the last three games when performances have dipped and we've played one of those on a tattie field which makes it near impossible to trap a ball shows we're capable of grinding results out as well. While we're not quite safe yet, that's an entirely achievable target.

In not sure that 12 points would have us safe from the Playoffs. Not with the teams above us handing out wins to mobs like Ayr

26 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

'Partick Thistle missed the chance to go third in the Scottish Championship after Greenock Morton claimed an unlikely win at Firhill.'

Aye, very good BBC. Round ye.

Agreed @Jamie_M.

BBC = British Bullshite Corporation. Feck the lot of you’s.

2 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

WHAT ???

I'm English, I'm in Derbyshire and I've supported Morton since 1970. I'd love to see the resulting media shitestorm if the message had said 'As you're black, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh , Eastern European, mixed race, Roma, gay, lesbian, trans or vegan  = you can't make the purchase. Ridiculous. This is 2022.

My countrymen's shameful and disgraceful butchery at Culloden happened awhile ago (1746) ....... so c'mon Jags - move with the times.

More to do with ISP I think

25 minutes ago, so72 said:

In not sure that 12 points would have us safe from the Playoffs. Not with the teams above us handing out wins to mobs like Ayr

42 points would see us safe for me

No way Dunfermline are picking up 20 points out of 33.

36 minutes ago, Scott said:

Is that 15 points from a possible 18 in the last 6 games? Unreal 

Nah its 13.

You're forgetting the Raith draw ( which should have been a win)

Just home and early start tomorrow but worth it after a smash and grab against the Firhill luvvies.

The pitch was a disgrace, the football was brutal, Morton created little but unlike under McPherson, under Imrie we have a plan and it worked tonight  Great credit to the squad for giving it their all, it was some shift. Fair play also to the fans especially the choir for the non-stop support and laughing at the Thistle fans as they streamed out before the final whistle. Redemption after the disappointment of Hamilton. 

Just now, HamCam said:

Just home and early start tomorrow but worth it after a smash and grab against the Firhill luvvies.

The pitch was a disgrace, the football was brutal, Morton created little but unlike under McPherson, under Imrie we have a plan and it worked tonight  Great credit to the squad for giving it their all, it was some shift. Fair play also to the fans especially the choir for the non-stop support and laughing at the Thistle fans as they streamed out before the final whistle. Redemption after the disappointment of Hamilton. 

Phrases like that dont belong in football, unless its for an arsehole club.

*insert signature here*

Archived