Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (22nd February) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (22nd February)

Admin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Bought the stream and am immediately regretting it. This pitch is an absolute disgrace, Partick should be getting hit with a hefty fine for the state of it especially considering it’s partly down to ground-sharing. 

The SPFL Board has it in its power to do this after first giving Thistle a plan of action and a deadline to do it. In other words they can fine only after saying "get that pitch sorted by date X". And that step is long overdue. The Board members from our division are Les Gray at Hamilton and Ross McArthur at Dunfermline. Why haven't they flagged this up?

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Hopefully tempting fate here, but these long throws are a waste of time. Defenders win far more of them then our players do.

It's a percentages game. You only need to win one in five to create a good chance.

EOho8Pw.png

We're bypassing the midfield too much. When ledger played that ball down the right there it just went nowhere and we put ourselves back under pressure. I'm not saying we need to play out from the back; I'm saying if we're shelling them up, we need to think about the second ball.

Good move for that penalty claim there. No idea if it was handball, stream far too blocky.

EOho8Pw.png

If one in five was leading to anything useful, then sure….but they’re not. By all means utilise it occasionally but when it’s every time from both sides it’s entirely predictable and easily dealt with.

It’s particularly wasteful from the right hand side, where Strapp then has to take an extra couple of touches to get the ball on to his right foot to try to cross it back on, plus the fact that it takes him a while to get across in the first place. 

I very much hope that all this is made to look badly-timed in the second half, but as it is we’re just constantly wasting having the ball deep in the opposition half.

AWMSC

Looked like a handball to me although that was on the pixelott stream and I'm biased as fuck.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

25 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Listening to Duffy isn't much better.

Aye, Duffy and Doolan are pretty much Partick radio themselves. Desperate for them to win this.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Ugwu and Muirhead up front isn't working: we're not getting any out ball, and they're not pressing effectively either. They are working hard, but it's not linked to the rest of the team as it should be.

It hasn't been as poor from us as I feared, but we need an attacking solution because I can see Lithgow and McLean being reduced to 0.1 mph running speed on this pitch in the closing stages. It screams of them putting some sand-dancer on and winning 1-0. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived