Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton

Admin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frustrating performance. Had plenty of the ball in the second half but created feck all. Annoying thing is they were poor as well.

We never got our wing backs into the game and missed our normal attacking threat without Oliver.

Did we win a header from a long throw at all? So many balls into the box and not only did we not win it, failed to pick up a lot of the second balls.

Wilson looked a bit lost out there. Not entirely sure why he was attacking at times whilst Blues or Lyon sat. He's clearly not comfortable going forward, explains amount of times he passed it back, so let him sit and allow the other 2 to push. He was very poor today.

Decent crowd today, shame we never grabbed the equaliser, I'd like to see the pen shout again.

Need a decent performance on Tues now.

A straightforward, fact-based analysis of our performances and results under Imrie compared to the dung caretaker regime brought back today tells us exactly where the issue lies. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just back in and that was honking. They had so much of the ball for the first half it was ridiculous. No drive, no urgency we let them do what they want even though they looked pretty guff as well. 

Wilson was really poor today he looked miles off it the midfield was slow and bypassed far to often. Strange subs and no one really made an impact. Long ball all day no idea why we decided to not play football for most of the game hope this isn't a sign of things to come with Imrie and the touch line ban. 

Piss poor performance in a piss poor game. Think their keeper had one one save to make and they was from Brandon in the first 5 mins. Apart from that we offered nothing. Launching long balls into the strikers and missing out the midfield completely just wasn't working yet we persevered. Changes were made too late. It was a very un-imrie like performance. A lot of poor performances today but Wilson was absolutely awful. Couldn't believe he stayed on when blues and Lyon cam off.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Wilson was honking. Lyon has been great olaying deeper and pushing forward but leaving Oliver out and playing Wilson deep didn’t work well today. Creativity was lacking and too many poor touches. Hamilton passed the ball from side to side as they usually do but were clueless up front. Nothing went right for us. Gozie was not his usual self. Reilly off with a head knock meant Easdale got a cameo appearance and when he came on all hope disappeared. I’m not sure Wilson is fit yet. We also need more options up front. I wonder if the artificial pitch was a factor, but our pressing was poor most of the time and the ball wouldn’t stick when we did get possession. No panic, but that wasn’t a good performance. Need better.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

That was a strangely ponderous performance. We never got going in the first-half and were only marginally better in the second-half without creating any clear-cut chances. Difficult to give too many players pass marks but you have to say midfield and upfront were missing in action. No issue with the lad Wilson getting a start but he looked miles off the pace and was at fault for the goal - how he lasted the 90 minutes is beyond me. Tactically we also looked devoid of ideas. Humping the ball up to Gozie was not working today but we seemed incapable of changing to a passing game.

You knew it was only a matter of time until we lost but this was a frustrating one as Hamilton were decidedly average. It was also disappointing as Morton took a decent support to the game who by and large stuck by the team throughout. Imrie and the team though have plenty of credit in the bank but it will be interesting to see how they react to this insipid performance. Amazing how much your mood changes from one week to the next all linked to the Morton result.

Terrible defending for their goal.

Brandon had a 2v1, the boy who crossed it had all the time in the world to cross it  One of the midfielders need to be much quicker getting over. 

Wilson had a mare with that clearance too.

So disappointing as they were pish.

Dougie looked gutted and emotionally empty in that clip. All part of management I guess - you throw yourself into a task with your heart & soul, but unless the 11 out there deliver on the grass, your efforts mean nothing. Today was the first wee pinprick in the happy bubble - but it was inevitable. There’s not a team on the planet who are infallible or invincible. You win some, you lose some. Keep the faith, boys. We’re in a better place with this man at the helm.

Again, it is a positive he recognises it was abysmal rather than the “Competed well, happy with the boys effort” pish others would’ve hit out with. Proof in the pudding comes on Tuesday night though. A similarly insipid performance and I’ll start to worry, but hopefully not.

Obviously the performance was disappointing in relation to what the team has recently achieved but Dougie's response has been characteristically direct. It is clear that we fell far below the standards he has set, and it's equally clear that he believes in individuals taking responsibility. so this week should be an interesting learning experience for some.

It's refreshing to hear the brutal truth rather than the mouth breathing tripe that we've seen for years and hopefully it will pay dividends. Big test tonight (if the Jags decide to play) and an improvement is required.

Can't argue with Imrie's assessment of the game, and it should be a bit of a reminder of what this group of players have been all about for far too long apart from the previous few games.

There's been calls for new contracts for quite a few players who've contributed next to nothing in their Morton careers of late, we'd do well to not get too carried away on that front. There's a long, long way to go before this group earn their stripes (or hoops, as it were).

AWMSC

Archived