Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton

Admin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean McGinty scores for Ayr at Inverness. 

FFS ICT.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Poor fare so far and we could have no complaints at being one down.

A draw wouldn't be the worst result but all our usual enterprise in the opposition half is gone, and that's putting us under immense pressure.

EOho8Pw.png

For all we’ve improved hugely, you can see today and could see in spells last week that there’s still big quality gaps in this team. Lyon is the only midfielder who can properly command a game, if he’s not doing that then the others have little to offer.

We need much better in that area than guys like Blues, even if he is a bit better than he was before. You’re not going to compete for promotion with players like him at the heart of your midfield, same goes for Oliver.

AWMSC

This hasn't been great. I've been arguing for Wilson to replace Oliver as we need to give up less space in midfield but we need one of Lyon or Blues to press the ball higher up the park. We've not quite got that balance right yet.

They've been the better team and have McLean figured out as a weakness: eventually they won't overhit one of those balls down our left. At least they've not created much with it, Blues excellent goal-line clearance aside.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, TheGoon said:

Fuck sake, another outside of the box goal. 

I knew the second the "clearance" broke to him he was going to strike that perfectly. Who hit the dodgy clearance? Couldn't make it out.

EOho8Pw.png

12 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I knew the second the "clearance" broke to him he was going to strike that perfectly. Who hit the dodgy clearance? Couldn't make it out.

Wilson. Could do with Oliver on for him now, we need a bit more composure in possession.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived