Stewarding at Cappielow - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Stewarding at Cappielow

vikingTON

2 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

Sincere apologies for the misplaced post. It was a joke - but a bad one in extremely poor taste. It won’t happen again.

Not just poor taste, you fucked the joke up as well. Someone with tourettes would shout pissflaps, not a dyslexic.

For dyslexia the punchline would be - when do we want it? Won!

On 8/22/2022 at 7:36 PM, LargsTON said:

They can search me if they want because I always let my 9 year carry any weapons or booze anyway.

Like any responsible parent would. My nine year old is in charge of smuggling my Eldee in every game. 

15 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

Just out of interest Toby - what exactly was the jumper? My reason for asking is that I attended one particular game last season wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with;

WHAT DO WE WANT?

DYSLEXIA !!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

PISSFLAPS !!

None of the stewards seemed to mind that. Poor taste on my behalf in retrospect maybe - but not a problem to the goons.

Think you fucked the Tourettes/ Dyslexia joke up big man! 

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

3 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

Sincere apologies for the misplaced post. It was a joke - but a bad one in extremely poor taste. It won’t happen again.

It's a joke pal (albeit a pish one lol). People who take offence need to take their head for a wobble. 

• Upvote 2

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Just wanted to apologise again - fucked-up joke or not. A monumental facepalm, and I’m not surprised it hacked people off. But I held my hands up straightaway. Nothing anyone says on here can make me feel any more stupid than I already do. Onwards and upwards I hope.

18 hours ago, capitanus said:

I'm sure it was a cauliflower, and was lodged up in one of the roof stanchions, or was that another incident?

The one I'm thinking on was during the 03-04 season, when the aforementioned fresh produce item was lobbed from the back of the Cowshed during the first half of a match and just missed the linesman (who had been having a stinker).

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The funniest projectile incident I've witnessed at Cappielow was in the late 70s anglo scottish cup game when Nobby Styles ( the then Preston NE manager) got rewarded with a greasy pie on the back of the napper for gesticulating to the ton fans in the main stand. He tried to complain to the polis, but was sent packing! 

13 minutes ago, capitanus said:

That Cypriot character who played for St. Mirren a few years back got hit with a Mars Bar at Cappielow.   In fairness to him, he picked it up and had a bite and never made an issue of it.

Steady on, that’s a bit much.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

That Cypriot character who played for St. Mirren a few years back got hit with a Mars Bar at Cappielow.   In fairness to him, he picked it up and had a bite and never made an issue of it.

I thought it was a bounty and he ate it. Rotten bastard 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 11:46 AM, Toby said:

Not a complaint that’s exclusive to Cappielow by any means, but I was asked if I minded going through a “random” search when entering the ground, to which I replied I absolutely do mind as there was no reason to search me, as opposed to anyone else and was told that if I didn’t comply I would be refused admission.

I was stone cold sober and questioned why “random” searches at football grounds tend to pick out guys who look like myself as opposed to women, pensioners, young children etc. Could it perhaps be that they’re not random at all?

The steward then admitted that the reason I was being searched was because of the style of jumper I was wearing, contradicting the “random” nature of the search that he originally claimed. A heated debate ensued for a minute or so before I eventually entered, after reluctantly have went through a search that found absolutely nothing, but not without being threatened with refusal to enter because the steward mistook the guy behind me telling me he was on a power trip for my own comments.

It would of course have been an awful lot easier for me to just accept the search without complaint, but when this is a regular occurrence at grounds across the country and you don’t see others going through the same rigmarole, it becomes incredibly grating.

If there is a search policy, it should, in my opinion he for everyone, as opposed to whoever a steward decides he or she just doesn’t fancy on any particular day.

Did you get searched today ya fuckin fanny? 

• Downvote 5

• Toby pinned and unpinned this topic