Stewarding at Cappielow - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Stewarding at Cappielow

vikingTON

10 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

What was the deal at the end with exiting via the WDE? Also these turnstiles have been fucked for weeks, need sorted before the next home game.

Last home game v Raith fans where held back from exiting whilst the Raith players took their time leaving the field obviously it let folk shout at tumilty but at a guess the club probably thought that was an inconvenience for fans having to wait and it made more sense to go out the wde. 

8 minutes ago, Caltonfan said:

Last home game v Raith fans where held back from exiting whilst the Raith players took their time leaving the field obviously it let folk shout at tumilty but at a guess the club probably thought that was an inconvenience for fans having to wait and it made more sense to go out the wde. 

Ah fair enough. Thought we’d managed to break the Sinclair Street gate as well. 

27 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

What was the deal at the end with exiting via the WDE? Also these turnstiles have been fucked for weeks, need sorted before the next home game.

Was told they block it off from just after kick off, we went to go to behind the Sinclair street goal with 20mins remaining and it was blocked off. Surely they can stop people crossing with 5mins to go rather than the whole game. Was also told partly it was due to stop the youngsters running to behind the goal and shouting at the goal keeper, something we never done that's been going on since 1874. Must be more intimidating to away players with fans growling at them as they make their way to the makeshift dressing room.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Similar to the 14 hi-vis clowns mobbing a squad of children behind the goal recently. 

That mob of vests were in their element blocking a big group of kids and some adults too from transitioning from the Cowshed to Sinclair St at half time.

What's wrong with moving the barrier once the QOS team were in the Gym like they did at the end?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, port-ton said:

I had to let a couple of 14/15 year olds in with me today as a group of 5 of them were getting knocked back despite one of them being 16. 

Can understand a potential health and safety risk of a group of 10/11 year olds coming in without an adult but the club cannot be knocking back kids of that age going with their mates in my opinion. 

Were they trying to get in for a quid or something?

If they paid their tenner, why on earth would they not be allowed in?

As I understand it, the powers that be at Cappielow are setting the ground rules to be followed by the stewards. The stewards may indeed be over officious but surely something that could be resolved if anyone was bothered enough to contact Chris, MCT and/or the fan's representative?

Cap any chance you have sponsored Lithgow's strip? 

8 minutes ago, HamCam said:

As I understand it, the powers that be at Cappielow are setting the ground rules to be followed by the stewards. The stewards may indeed be over officious but surely something that could be resolved if anyone was bothered enough to contact Chris, MCT and/or the fan's representative?

That's a great idea.  How much does it cost? 

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, HamCam said:

I know that it's been raised to the 'powers that be' at the club at least once, and that was at the start of the season. As you say, the stewards themselves may not be the root cause of the issue, but it's something that the club need to take action on. Stewards are representatives of the club and if they're not treating customers in the correct manner then it's up to the club to ensure they either change their approach or seek alternative employment. The incident VT mentions in the OP could quite easily see us alienate a young fan forever. That's not good enough. 

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Yes , we tried to go into Sinclair street end at about 4.15 after seeing a couple of people getting let through ,only to be denied my son has a limp and we wanted to avoid extra distance to car in Sinclair street. There was no need to seal off till 10 mins before final whistle

forever optimistic

1 hour ago, Scapaflow said:

Yes , we tried to go into Sinclair street end at about 4.15 after seeing a couple of people getting let through ,only to be denied my son has a limp and we wanted to avoid extra distance to car in Sinclair street. There was no need to seal off till 10 mins before final whistle

I have no idea what rule exactly this would be and I'm sure there are other clubs where the players cross through the fans (the video of the St Johnstone players getting pelters as they crossed through their fans after getting put out the cup at Kelty) but seen this excuse posted a few times since Saturday without much explanation.

Screenshot_20220215-190228_Facebook.jpg

At music festivals, stewards simply lift a rope up to stop people crossing paths/roads if a vehicle is approaching.

Surely a similar thing could be done at Cappielow? Even if half the stairs are barriered off, leaving a section open until anybody is coming in or out the “dressing room” then raising a rope-barrier would allow people to move around during the game and also allow a good chunk of the crowd out before any opposition player even starts heading in that direction after going over to their fans?

Also, I’d like to think clubs are kicking up a fuss about this dressing room room nonsense in general. It’s utterly absurd that it’s still in place.

AWMSC

Don't think it's that big a deal tbh. It's an extra few minutes walk at most around the corner to the sinclair street end. There's also people heading back in to town or the for the train who actually get there quicker, which isn't usually an option. We park up behind cappielow and it wasn't even a noticeable inconvenience. 

There will be individual cases i.e disability where this is a problem but for the vast majority of fans in the cowshed theres minimum change in our routine. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

I have no idea what rule exactly this would be and I'm sure there are other clubs where the players cross through the fans (the video of the St Johnstone players getting pelters as they crossed through their fans after getting put out the cup at Kelty) but seen this excuse posted a few times since Saturday without much explanation.

Screenshot_20220215-190228_Facebook.jpg

Has that person got some kind of role at the club nowadays? 

*insert signature here*

7 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Don't think it's that big a deal tbh. It's an extra few minutes walk at most around the corner to the sinclair street end. There's also people heading back in to town or the for the train who actually get there quicker, which isn't usually an option. We park up behind cappielow and it wasn't even a noticeable inconvenience. 

There will be individual cases i.e disability where this is a problem but for the vast majority of fans in the cowshed theres minimum change in our routine. 

Plenty of people waited to be held back anyway at the end of the game to use the Sinclair St exit once the QOS staff had cleared into the gym.

Most of the gripes aren't about that though. It's about not being able to move around during the game.

• Toby pinned and unpinned this topic