Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February)

Admin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cammy speaks pretty well. Delighted for him that he's finding his feet at this level. Much better as a box to box midfielder breaking beyond the strikers than a holding midfielder. 

The sort of unsung hero that's great to have in a squad over the course of the season. Getting to the stage now where I'd be happy enough seeing him given another years deal. Dougie seems to like him so wouldn't surprise me if he's offered one. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

26 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Cammy speaks pretty well. Delighted for him that he's finding his feet at this level. Much better as a box to box midfielder breaking beyond the strikers than a holding midfielder. 

The sort of unsung hero that's great to have in a squad over the course of the season. Getting to the stage now where I'd be happy enough seeing him given another years deal. Dougie seems to like him so wouldn't surprise me if he's offered one. 

He'd be one of the first I'd sign up. 

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Speaks volumes for the standards he has set that he wasn't happy with the 1st half in which we gave next to nothing away at the back and created 3 or 4 really good chances through Blues, Lithgow and a couple from Gozie.( should really have scored the one he had a clear shot at after taking it by 2 defenders)

Absolute love our manager. We will lose soon probably, we will go through a sticky patch at some point but I've got every confidence that Dougie will get us through it.

57 minutes ago, Madton said:

Absolute love our manager. We will lose soon probably, we will go through a sticky patch at some point but I've got every confidence that Dougie will get us through it.

We've had that. It was the bit where Gus was in charge.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Not cutting the highlights at all after our equalizer went in is brilliant. 

If I'm seeing correctly on my phone it's Muirhead who charged in after our first goal to get the ball back and keep the momentum going. 

The passing for our second was superb and the finish was nearly placed. 

Morton, eh? 

EOho8Pw.png

On 2/12/2022 at 11:25 PM, vikingTON said:

That's plenty.

The big, bad, boo boys have taken the utter nonsense argument that Morton couldn't possibly do better than *insert Scottish football dinosaur manager here*, since 2007 at the latest. Which was being dredged up after we got rid of that gormless tit McPherson. 

Sir Douglas Imrie's appointment has obliterated that argument for all time. The happy-clapper brigade need to suck up the fact that we can in fact expect better as a proud football club - which means abandoning their bizarre wagon-circling mentality around whatever gormless tit is in charge.

They have been proven categorically wrong. That is a learning experience. 

This is it. We've had over fifteen years (and you could argue it actually started in 2004 rather than 2007) of not only being told that we're wrong to ever expect and ask for better than the myriad failures we've had in that time, but that the fans are actually the ones to blame for those failures rather than it being anything to do with managers or players.

That argument that it was all the fault of 'boo boys' wasn't just being made by fans with a different viewpoint, but by the club itself. It came from players, managers, chief executives and the boardroom, in interviews, programme notes from Chairmen, at public meetings, on social media and inside stadiums on matchdays.

Now that those fans have, for the nth time, been proven correct and utterly vindicated, some others aren't able to enjoy a fantastic run of form and one of the best starts a new Morton manager has ever had because they'd rather not be proven wrong than see Morton do well? Grow up, frankly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

15 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

The guy in the blue top to left hand side of Sinclair street is a great watch.

When the keeper goes down with that fake injury of his, he storms over and I imagine gave him a loads of abuse. We scored our first and you can see him going straight to the keeper and almost see him doing the same when the second went in.

Can hear the keeper get load of abuse in the goalcam video, guessing its this man here!

As someone else has pointed out, really encouraging to see Imrie highlight that as the worst 45 since he’s been here. He’s probably right, but I can’t think of a manager in our recent history that would’ve admitted to that. He’s also identified us not closing people down in the middle enough, so hopefully Wilson is brought in to help with that.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:25 PM, vikingTON said:

That's plenty.

The big, bad, boo boys have taken the utter nonsense argument that Morton couldn't possibly do better than *insert Scottish football dinosaur manager here*, since 2007 at the latest. Which was being dredged up after we got rid of that gormless tit McPherson. 

Sir Douglas Imrie's appointment has obliterated that argument for all time. The happy-clapper brigade need to suck up the fact that we can in fact expect better as a proud football club - which means abandoning their bizarre wagon-circling mentality around whatever gormless tit is in charge.

They have been proven categorically wrong. That is a learning experience. 

6 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

This is it. We've had over fifteen years (and you could argue it actually started in 2004 rather than 2007) of not only being told that we're wrong to ever expect and ask for better than the myriad failures we've had in that time, but that the fans are actually the ones to blame for those failures rather than it being anything to do with managers or players.

That argument that it was all the fault of 'boo boys' wasn't just being made by fans with a different viewpoint, but by the club itself. It came from players, managers, chief executives and the boardroom, in interviews, programme notes from Chairmen, at public meetings, on social media and inside stadiums on matchdays.

Now that those fans have, for the nth time, been proven correct and utterly vindicated, some others aren't able to enjoy a fantastic run of form and one of the best starts a new Morton manager has ever had because they'd rather not be proven wrong than see Morton do well? Grow up, frankly.

The Gus happy clapper brigade number about 3 people on Twitter. The idea that wanting Gus out was a fringe idea from a supposed villainised section of the support is just nonsense.

Personally think its pretty sad that we have a good team for the first time in years, and the first thought that a lot of people have when we win is "lets go goad other Morton fans". But feel free to keep acting like you're members of the Bali Nine if you want.

27 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

As someone else has pointed out, really encouraging to see Imrie highlight that as the worst 45 since he’s been here. He’s probably right, but I can’t think of a manager in our recent history that would’ve admitted to that. He’s also identified us not closing people down in the middle enough, so hopefully Wilson is brought in to help with that.

I was actually surprised he was of that opinion. Thought we done well and created chances in the first half, although a bit more composure might have been required right enough.

But you're correct, can't think of anyone else that would have been that honest.

4 hours ago, Hej said:

The Gus happy clapper brigade number about 3 people on Twitter. The idea that wanting Gus out was a fringe idea from a supposed villainised section of the support is just nonsense.

Cast your mind back to the likes of the Inverness away game in October and you'd actually find that the Gus happy-clapper brigade was both i) fairly substantial and ii) not a Twitter-only phenomenon. That a substantial number abandoned that bandwagon moments before it lost its last wheel and catapulted its remaining passengers into a dungheap is not mitigation.

McPherson should have been punted two months before he was at the very latest. The 'give Gus time' brigade have almost certainly cost us a serious run at a promotion play-off and a significant amount of prize money. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 hours ago, Hej said:

Personally think its pretty sad that we have a good team for the first time in years, and the first thought that a lot of people have when we win is "lets go goad other Morton fans". But feel free to keep acting like you're members of the Bali Nine if you want.

The reason why it is our first good team in years is in part because Morton fans have made terrible excuses for dud managers. If we don't want to see another endless parade of haddies and frauds if and when Imrie takes a different job, then lessons clearly must be learned at all levels. 

Your personal regret is of absolutely no value compared to this task. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 2/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Boogs49 said:

How good does Reilly's goal look from behind goal, great awareness in where the ball was going

Lithgow did well to get away from his man as well, would have been well-placed for a rebound.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived