Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February)

Admin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to Saturday's now.  We will lose at some point, but I'm loving how Imrie is making me feel about Morton.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Well that was a finish!

Thought we bossed the first half and just lacked composure in front of goal when big Gozie should have scored. Second half Queens came out and scored a wonder goal. We absolutely battered them after a dodgy spell and I said to mate that if we scored in the last 15 we'd win. Reilly showing his strikers instinct and blues' goal was a beauty. Big Robbie should have scored too. Brilliant ending and atmosphere at the end and I loved how the players and Dougie took time to come over and acknowledge the fans. Fucking love being a Morton fan right now.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Superb. Should’ve went in at least 1 up at the break and was really looking like things just weren’t going to go our way today, but more than deserved the win in the end. Brilliant stuff with Imrie and the players at the ahed too, night and day from where we were as a club just over a month ago. 

Some difference having a manager that's not afraid to change the shape or tactics. 

The attitude of the players after the first goal of just wanting to get started again for the other was amazing to see. Their heads were down and that beat them. 

What a manager we have on our hands. 

Absolutely delighted. Thought today could have been a banana skin against the bottom side but the turn around was brilliant. 

Thought we bossed the game and really should have been putting away out chances. As soon as they scored they started to time waste but out heads never went down and it just shows the character this team has. Dougie imrie is the best thing to happen to Morton in years we are a completely different team from the mess at the start of the season. 

Also special mention to the ref thought he was one of the worst I have seen in years. 

Fucking tremendous. Worst refereeing display I've seen in a long long long time. Embarrassing time-wasting tactics. GIRFUY!

The character of the team unbelievable. Wilson and Muirhead were great when they came on. 

Loved the scenes at full time. It's fucking brilliant being a Morton supporter at the moment. 

Muirhead's attitude is night and day. Grabbing the ball to get started again, closing down where he can and fighting for decisions. He's clearly got ability so nice to see a bit of fire in his belly. 

Not sure I'd keep him for next season but credit where its due. 

What a team, what a manager. 

Team gives absolutely everything and deserves the success they're getting just now. Love having a manager who's not afraid to change shape and systems. He looked annoyed during the dodgy spell after their goal and made the right subs at the right time yet again. 

Referee was absolutely hopeless. There was one point where we took a free kick while he was talking to a player and wasn't looking and he let play continue despite not knowing where and how we'd taken it. Absolute amateurish display from him. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived