Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. The Clyde Eats app is available to download from Google Play and the App Store now! 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens are actually unbeaten I believe in their last 5 away games, albeit all being draws. It's going to be a tough game but I'm confident (never a good sign) we have enough firepower going forward to win. 

Same team as last week probably but I'd have Ledger in for McLean. 

First time I've felt nervous and not as confident today and then I watched dougie's pre match interview about today's match and I'm more confident than Ive ever been. What a man. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

This is the sort of game where we might blow it, but I'm at least confident that under Dougie, it won't be for the want of trying.  Despite the fact we haven't beaten them so far this season, we are now a far better team.  Just need to keep it tight at the back, don't give away daft unnecessary fouls, and beat them by playing football. Probably not a day for hoofball.  Let them worry.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

A defeat will come eventually, as long as it doesn't come in the next 2 games.

In general, we have done very well against the other bottom 5 sides,only 1 defeat in 10, albeit that was against Queens.

Confident we will win this.

Iron Man's useless, white elephant turnstiles not scanning again, so people being waved through. That needs sorted. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We're playing well, but when you control a half like that you need to come away with a lead from it. They've gotten into decent positions a couple of times and wasted it, we need to make the pressure count before we get sucker punched.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We're still too open in the middle of the park when we lose the ball: we were punished before half time for it against Raith and nearly were again there. From next week, I'd replace Oliver with Wilson as I don't think we'd be losing much going forward anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

We're still too open in the middle of the park when we lose the ball: we were punished before half time for it against Raith and nearly were again there. From next week, I'd replace Oliver with Wilson as I don't think we'd be losing much going forward anyway. 

Even Russell or McGrattan.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

32 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

How are we playing? Sky sports app says 16% possession Morton 84% QOS!!

I just woke up and saw 22% possession at HT, my brother watched the first half and says that's nowhere near accurate. There's some dodgy data going about. 

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

Aye a few folk I know have been saying Skys app’s been shite for a while

In fairness the app I use (Goal) had the same, so it's whoever is provisoning the data screwed it up.

Off the line there! We've got them on the ropes.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived