We need to talk about Sir Douglas Imrie - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

We need to talk about Sir Douglas Imrie

Jamie_M

7 minutes ago, Scott said:

Isn’t Dougie despised by St Mirren and I’m sure the feeling is mutual? 

I have heard that, but how many guys in the game look at these things the way we do? I very much doubt it would happen, certainly at this point, but I’m probably still scarred by the Daft Raymond affair, though that turned out well in the end, and programmed to think the worst is always just around the corner for us.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

I don't really see the point of appeal just to delay a ban. Six games between now and the end of this season is not a terrible hardship - we're really not in a dogfight in which we absolutely need Imrie there every single game any more.

If there's a reasonable expectation to reduce the overall term then appeal, but that costs money and they could act like arseholes about it. 

I'm not so sure although I do get your point. We're on a good run and this could disrupt it. I'm not as confident as you about our safety - we were second bottom at one point last week. 

27 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I'm not so sure although I do get your point. We're on a good run and this could disrupt it. I'm not as confident as you about our safety - we were second bottom at one point last week. 

If by some bizarre turn of events we finished second bottom, then we would just body the dross from the league below again, as we even managed to do under the slaphead. The team that finishes 9th will be favourites to win the play-offs and it won't be us.

In any case, we simply will not be in any position in six matches' time that can't be turned around by our own efforts in the final six anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

Well, Alan Lithgow is despised by quite a few in the Morton support but...  :)

Anyway,

Owen Coyle would make the perfect St.Mirren manager.  He even looks like one of them.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-approached-st-mirren-26273925

Based on them simply losing Goodwin and Brown's non-existent influence that was once shouted from the rooftops when he joined Aberdeen in the summer, I am okay with this outcome.

Sir Douglas will soon be taking Brown's dinner money again just like he did in September 2013. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 hours ago, Toby said:

It’ll restrict him from certain areas of grounds for certain periods of time.

Aye. Keep him away from that place I heard about on the last Just One Cornetto podcast which mentioned Kebab pies. Unless you want Morton to become the first Scottish club in history to have a 50-stone manager with a significant cholesterol issue. Better than the drink any day though. He’ll be OK. He’ll control games using the power of his mind. We all know the SFA verdict is holier-than-thou shite. Keep the faith, Toby boy. And all you others.

1 hour ago, SassenachTon said:

Aye. Keep him away from that place I heard about on the last Just One Cornetto podcast which mentioned Kebab pies. Unless you want Morton to become the first Scottish club in history to have a 50-stone manager with a significant cholesterol issue. Better than the drink any day though. He’ll be OK. He’ll control games using the power of his mind. We all know the SFA verdict is holier-than-thou shite. Keep the faith, Toby boy. And all you others.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

*insert signature here*

12 hours ago, vikingTON said:

These are all facts, but in this case it should either be an admonishment and compensation paid for wasting Sir Douglas' time, or a minimum of a multi-game ban. It should be the former but there's no real grounds to declare the extent of punishment as harsh. 

When this broke I feared for a wee while at least that we had 'Tidsered' ourselves once again. We are instead just putting the champagne on ice until a record-breaking title sequence next season - and this club doesn't do promotion without a title anyway.

I think there is actually; Gavin Swankie only got four games immediately despite facing more charges which included this season, whereas Imrie's all pertain to two years ago or longer. It being a historic issue should lead to a more lenient punishment and he's got a harsher one.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Enjoyed it all and learned a fair bit about  his character and philosophy.

If you've ever wondered what influence Millen has, it's answered here.

Hopefully his relationship with Billy Reid and Alex Neil will help us moving forward

Thought that was a pretty good watch to be honest. Learned quite a bit more about Imrie and good to see his ambition to move higher. This can only be a good thing for Morton as he’s not going to get there without being good for us in the meantime. 

Happy that he's cleared up the view that the previous coaches are bad when we lose but Dougie is good when we win. 

There was obviously a mentality issue under Gus but Dougie admits that Millen does most of our training and Hamilton has been one of our best players this season so obviously him and the keeper coach are a big part of our change in form, which is why I have a huge problem with people absolving Dougie of any blame from Saturday compared to the staff who were already here. (not that I think one poor performance from a group of players who've played  almost every game in a month deserve any proper criticism anyway). 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

On Saturday millen offered zero from the bench stood around like a fkn idiot unable or unwilling to encourage or help motivate the players. 

Chasing the game 15 to go and strapp sonters over for a throw in I'm almost certain Dougie would have had him running for that ball. So I'd say Dougie picked the team yes but millen offered nothing from the side of the pitch. 

9!years ago today, we absolutely destroyed Dunfermline at East End Park, and on that day, probably more than any other that season, it felt like the league title was within touching distance for the first time in so long. 

It’s all been pretty consistently shite since then, so noting that anniversary has just made me think of how monumental an achievement it is that after just shy of a decade of bugger all and the club veering dangerously close to a point of a terminal decline, Dougie Imrie has came in and within such a short time generated a level of excitement and enthusiasm around the club which hasn’t been seen since the peak of a title race. 

To have done what he’s done at any stage would have been impressive, but to do it from the moribund mess he inherited is just absolutely incredible work by any measure.

AWMSC

20 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

9!years ago today, we absolutely destroyed Dunfermline at East End Park, and on that day, probably more than any other that season, it felt like the league title was within touching distance for the first time in so long. 

It’s all been pretty consistently shite since then, so noting that anniversary has just made me think of how monumental an achievement it is that after just shy of a decade of bugger all and the club veering dangerously close to a point of a terminal decline, Dougie Imrie has came in and within such a short time generated a level of excitement and enthusiasm around the club which hasn’t been seen since the peak of a title race. 

To have done what he’s done at any stage would have been impressive, but to do it from the moribund mess he inherited is just absolutely incredible work by any measure.

100% agree.

The turn around that Dougie has brought to the club in just a couple of months, not just in team's performance and results, but also the relationship with the relationship with the fans and the spirit of hope and optimism, has been nothing short of astonishing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived