We need to talk about Sir Douglas Imrie - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

We need to talk about Sir Douglas Imrie

Jamie_M

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 new challenges for him on Saturday I reckon.

1 - it'll maybe be the first time where there's now a heavy expectation for us to win comfortably as strong favourites?

2 - Also maybe the first time our opposition might be set up just not to lose, as opposed to trying for or expecting a win?

Hopefully there's a decent crowd though as well as another great performance and result, and no sign of that bloody MOTM curse!

4 hours ago, CM48 said:

2 new challenges for him on Saturday I reckon.

1 - it'll maybe be the first time where there's now a heavy expectation for us to win comfortably as strong favourites?

2 - Also maybe the first time our opposition might be set up just not to lose, as opposed to trying for or expecting a win?

Hopefully there's a decent crowd though as well as another great performance and result, and no sign of that bloody MOTM curse!

Queens need to start winning games, especially against bottom 5 teams to have a chance of survival. 1 win in 15 games for them, horrendous form. I wonder if AJ gets bagged if we beat them on Sat.

Expecting an open game and one which should we win, should see us safe from automatic relegation.

Hopefully a big crowd in.  There hasn't been this feel good factor around the place since the snake was in charge, would love to see a 2k crowd on Sat. Club should be doing all they can to encourage that.

More points in 6 games under Imrie than in 18 before he took over.

This is the club's best run of form for 5 years. It's the best league start of any Morton manager in 20 years.

If you were to discount John McCormack on the grounds that he's the only manager in our history to take over in the fourth tier and therefore had it easier, Imrie has had the best league start of any Morton manager in history.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Someone joked with me after the game and now it’s now stuck in my head. If this keeps going, at what point do we start worrying that a bigger club takes a look at Dougie’s work and poaches him away? Even if his contract is to the end of next season I imagine it would be affordable to loads of other clubs?

27 minutes ago, CM48 said:

Someone joked with me after the game and now it’s now stuck in my head. If this keeps going, at what point do we start worrying that a bigger club takes a look at Dougie’s work and poaches him away? Even if his contract is to the end of next season I imagine it would be affordable to loads of other clubs?

We don't worry. If he gets a big club offer he will move on and we'll get some compensation. He'll have left us, in this scenario, in a healthier place than he found us. We go again. 

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

More points in 6 games under Imrie than in 18 before he took over.

This is the club's best run of form for 5 years. It's the best league start of any Morton manager in 20 years.

If you were to discount John McCormack on the grounds that he's the only manager in our history to take over in the fourth tier and therefore had it easier, Imrie has had the best league start of any Morton manager in history.

He also took over from a McPherson too, who was also from Paisley and unpopular with supporters too.

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, CM48 said:

The plus point is that Sir Douglas has no bigger clubs on his playing CV than Morton. And Sir Douglas knows the potential of this club compared to the plastic outfits he turned out for - that's why he took this job in the first place. 

It's a fair stretch yet until Imrie is in the frame for an Aberdeen or Hibs job - and he's not switching for much less, given that the spoon burners and Motherwell hate him.

He's ambitious though, which means that GMFC and MCT need to show that we are on an upward tick with him at the helm. He won't hang around working for a glorified social club - now is the time to back a clearly capable manager by being a much more professional outfit behind the scenes.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This Friday though is the SFA's pathetic 'how dare you as a working class person bet on our sporting competitions, which are largely sponsored by gambling companies' hearing, so I think we can expect at the very least a significant touchline ban. 

I doubt it'll affect us too much this season now and we should fully support the manager regardless. He can sword the opposition from the stands if need be. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, JLTON said:

This whole "Sir" Douglas Imrie patter needs binned IMO...

Its KING Douglas Imrie for me and all u "Gus" loving paisley bastards can sit the fuck down, cos MORTON are back!!!!!!!! 

YASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It's been Sir Douglas since 24/9/13.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

The difference between Imrie and previous failures in the job was evident after we equalized yesterday. So often 'poor wee Morton' after scoring would be encouraged to defend their position whereas our current manager was on the touchline shouting and encouraging the players to keep pressing and get up the park looking for a winner. Amazing what positivity and belief does. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Literally name your price and empty my bank account.

20220213_160705.jpg

Get that fucking made Morton!

Just now, TONofmemories said:

The guy that makes those templates is incredibly cringe. 

I think his stuff is excellent.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived