SFA notice - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SFA notice

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Obviously someone is sticking these guys in.

I get it if the likes of Morelos, Scott Brown or Griffiths walked into a bookies almost anywhere in the country someone would recognise them. But, if say Reece Lyon or Lewis Strapp walked into a bookies in Glasgow city centre to put a bet on, it's highly unlikely that anyone would know who they were.

As long as they are not betting on a game they could have a direct influence on, is there really any harm in it.

Even if they brought in a rule that you can't bet on game in your own league, would that not suffice.

1 hour ago, so72 said:

Surely most of these guys are betting online so you have to wonder exactly who is grassing them in. Teammates? Bookmakers? Club staff?

The League hasn't a leg to stand on morally with this considering how cosy they are with betting companies. Players should be able to bet on football that isn't in Scotland.

I would guess its the bookmakers themselves. They are probably cross-referencing their list of accounts with list of registered footballers from level X to Y, and anyone who was daft enough to open an account online under their own identity is done for.

32 minutes ago, Hej said:

I would guess its the bookmakers themselves. They are probably cross-referencing their list of accounts with list of registered footballers from level X to Y, and anyone who was daft enough to open an account online under their own identity is done for.

Feels like that wouldn't stand up against GDPR unless its in the fineprint - which it probably is.

3 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Even if they brought in a rule that you can't bet on game in your own league, would that not suffice.

They have a rule that says they can't bet at all and that doesn't stop them. What makes you think they will follow a rule like that?

7 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

They have a rule that says they can't bet at all and that doesn't stop them. What makes you think they will follow a rule like that?

Because it would allow them to have a football bet legally. As it stands of a player in Scotland puts a bet on a game in the Conference League (or what ever they call it now) they still get done.

31 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Because it would allow them to have a football bet legally. As it stands of a player in Scotland puts a bet on a game in the Conference League (or what ever they call it now) they still get done.

Not buying that they would follow that in the slightest.

5 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Does it go back to 10-2 game when he signed for Hamilton a short time after. If so, BIG OOOOFT

You’d think our fans especially, would think twice about making wild speculative statements like that ffs! You saw how a bullsh1t claim about the 03/04 betting scandal took off without any proof or substance

here today, gone to hell

5 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Does it go back to 10-2 game when he signed for Hamilton a short time after. If so, BIG OOOOFT

None of the charges are for betting on matches he was involved in, so no.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 minute ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

If found guilty and is banned from the touchline, can he sit in the Directors Box and relay instructions to Andy Millen from there.

I suspect the answer is no, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Don't see why not, a touchline ban doesn't stop you sitting in the stand.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I think that there is a bit of a lesson to be learnt here for all involved in football at all levels - gambling is a mugs game, which can lead to serious health and other problems for the players. 

If football authorities are trying to police the actions of those involved then they should be applauded, however they should to get their own house in order.  Football Authorities are making millions from gambling companies, football clubs are making millions from gambling sponsorship, advertising etc.  The TV companies that they are selling the broadcast rights to are also making fortunes from gambling too, to the extent that its bloody nauseating for anyone watching games.

If they want to address the issues related to gambling within football, stop taking the easy money from gambling companies and stop helping these companies bombard football supporters with betting adverts.

*insert signature here*

Archived