Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (15th January) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (15th January)

Admin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

How did Brandon play?

Rusty.

Could tell it was his 1st game in a long time.

Didn't make any real mistakes or anything, just never really had an impact.

He definitely shagged the female pundit though and never called her back.

1 hour ago, Tubes said:

Mind Gus McPherson 😂😂😂😂 

And it weren't for the mewling wee-time defeatism festering at the club and desperate 'fans shud get bu-hind thur team though!' virtue-signalling in the Morton fanbase, we could have been shot of that obvious dud way back in October. If we had, then we'd have been in an incomparably better place than now, in which each very good result is just pulling us out from underwater.

That we squandered the second round of fixtures instead of being absolutely ruthless with this decision should be instructive for the future. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Amazing how a win can make such a difference to your mood especially at the weekend. Aside from the appreciable improvement in Morton's performance what made it all the more glorious was listening to the tears and snotters on the Ayr commentary. 

30 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

And it weren't for the mewling wee-time defeatism festering at the club and desperate 'fans shud get bu-hind thur team though!' virtue-signalling in the Morton fanbase, we could have been shot of that obvious dud way back in October *. If we had, them we'd have been in an incomparably better place than now, in which each very good result is just pulling us out from underwater.

That we squandered the second round of fixtures instead of being absolutely ruthless with this decision should be instructive for the future. 

Also valid when applied to June.

1 hour ago, Tubes said:

Mind Gus McPherson 😂😂😂😂 

Christ almighty what was he actually doing in training and the dressing room?! Dougie’s completely turned the team around in 3 short games so what the actual f**k was McPherson all about? 
Incredible what a competent manager without a complete losers attitude can do!

here today, gone to hell

It's shows how much mindset matters at this level where there's not much between most of the teams. McPherson had the view that everything was hard and there wasn't much we could do.

Sir Douglas sees that every game is an opportunity for points and wins and anything short of that is failure. Right way to be.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

It's shows how much mindset matters at this level where there's not much between most of the teams. McPherson had the view that everything was hard and there wasn't much we could do.

Sir Douglas sees that every game is an opportunity for points and wins and anything short of that is failure. Right way to be.

I didn’t see much of the game today but noticed when we were 2-0 up, we had a throw in on the far side and Brandon (I think) was away to take the throw in, then you can hear Imrie shouting at Strapp to go over and launch it into the box and sent the CB’s up. Absolutely love that attitude. 

Next week is a bit of a free hit. I actually fancy us to give them a game, but wouldn’t be too fussed to see Muirhead, Jacobs, Garrity, Russell etc in - but we should be all out to be getting folk in the ground for the Raith game, they’re very much there for the taking. 

Somebody asked me tonight how we were getting on and it’s the first time in years I’ve been able to say “Actually not bad” 

Archived