Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (15th January) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (15th January)

Admin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Arise Sir Dougie

Douglas has been a Sir since 24/09/2013. Today merely underlines his genius.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

7 minutes ago, CM48 said:

How did that lot beat Arbroath last week?

Arbroath were pretty poor at home to us under the caretakers before Christmas. I'd be quietly confident of beating them right now.

15 points behind winless in five Raith, with a game at hand over them at home to the bottom side. Just going to set that as a wee Keegan-esque 'love it' target, if we can maintain at least some of our momentum. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The Little People swooping to persuade Sean McGinty not to take the inexplicable contract offer at Cappielow last summer to pay him eight hundred fucking pounds per week at that dump is looking almost as good a decision as the Forbes-Barrowman swap. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That was brilliant 

Very solid defensively. Hamilton very little to do, did well for the early Ayr chance too.

Thought Ledger was outstanding.

I thought at the start of the season Reilly and Gozie had the potential to be a great partnership, great to see that developing now. Gozie absolutely class for the 2nd goal. 

Blues impressed again.

Hopefully Ayr get relegated so we never have to experience that commentary team again.

No pressure next week, go and give it a go.

Hopefully a big crowd for the Raith game, who themselves are struggling badly. 

What a difference a competent manager makes. We were so comfortable and I thought the game management with about 25 minutes to go was superb. Just taking the sting out of the game at every opportunity. 

Both goals were fantastic. Strapp's ball for the 1st was incredible. Then Ugwu for the 2nd, oooft. 

MOTM for me was Reece Lyon.  He looks a different player just sitting in front of the defence. 

14 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

It's a shame we've got motherwell next week. We never do well there and it could disrupt the momentum we're building.

Would be great if at next home game a big crowd turned out

Sir Douglas has a long track record of slaying Motherwell at Fir Park in their shan derby and an impeccable one when it comes to cup swordings in that neck of the woods with The Famous. 

They're getting bodied. 

Archived