Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (15th January) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (15th January)

Admin

The SPFL stream is about a minute behind; I saw these posts and got a goal alert during the buildup, then the SPFL camera missed it. I saw the deep cross played in from Strapp but not where it went. So I'm assuming it was Jack Hamilton with a bicycle kick from 18 yards, aye?

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're playing fewer long balls forward, which you'd think superficially means we're less direct, but the opposite is true: our forward play is more penetrative and what balls we do get towards the box tend to be more meaningful. Previously we were punting it to Ugwu to nod down to nobody, or for someone to chase to the corner flag where again there'd be no support... here, as against Dunfermline last week, we're getting forward in decent numbers and ensuring there's a target for the final ball. Absolute night and day compared to last month.

It is, of course, far from over yet, Ayr are significantly better than the Pars and we've been a bit shaky overall, but with this kind of ambition about our play there's no reason why we can't score again.

EOho8Pw.png

It was lovely passing football by us and a great ball in by strapp. Promising start.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

4 minutes ago, CM48 said:

McGinty completely awol there. Nice to see he still he's kept that part of his game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: he's about 6'4" with a square jaw and Manchester United on his CV. Therefore he'll continue to get clubs until the end of time, despite the fact that he's absolutely useless, simply because he's a hard-hitting center back straight out of Central Casting.

EOho8Pw.png

9 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

The SPFL stream is about a minute behind; I saw these posts and got a goal alert during the buildup, then the SPFL camera missed it. I saw the deep cross played in from Strapp but not where it went. So I'm assuming it was Jack Hamilton with a bicycle kick from 18 yards, aye?

Watching Pixie Lotte on the dodgys. Think the camera is confusing Brandon's boots for the ball.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Watching Pixie Lotte on the dodgys. Think the camera is confusing Brandon's boots for the ball.

Aye, I did like how it suddenly cut over to the goal about 15 seconds after the fact.

That "penalty" claim from Ayr, oaft. Almost makes me wish I had the commentary. Almost.

EOho8Pw.png

Vital to keep this going with both QoS and Pars ahead.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Cammy Blues shouting the odds there, which I like to see. We've needed a bit more fire on the pitch.

Noticed that too. I've been impressed with his workrate and attitude recently. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived