Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (8th January) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (8th January)

Admin

We deserved to be bottom of the league when Gus left, this has been a complete turnaround.

Positioning has been excellent, the midfield hasn't collapsed like it normally did.

The effort and tempo has been excellent and preassure when not in possession.

Special shout for Blues and Reilly who rightly got some stick at points this year, we're both excellent. As well as Lyons, thought he was excellent a little deeper, some great passing and energy.

Long may it continue

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proud to be a Morton fan today. A feeling Id almost forgotten. 

Well done to the players and the manager. Couldn't have asked for anything more. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Sir Douglas first interview:

If we go down it'll be a massive failure

We need to get the fans back on side

We need to turn Cappielow into a fortress

Sir Douglas first home game:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

What a performance and the atmosphere round the club is starting to really become a lot better as well. 

What an impact Dougie has had we were pressing them and not giving them a minute. Massive 3 points and 5 goals what an earth is happening. Capnou right enough. 

Bring on the Ayr. 

Unreal. Honestly struggling to stop smiling and I only watched it on the laptop. Every player was superb, but special shoutouts to Reilly, Blues & Lyon who I thought put in their best performances in god knows how long. The workrate was incredible and there was a genuine desire there to go out and score more goals, rather than be content at nicking a win. 

Don’t want to get too far ahead of ourselves (although it is difficult!) but if we can even get close to replicating that kind of performance over the remaining games, we should have enough to save ourselves. 

Cheers Dougie.

Just been scraped off the ceiling. I think I may be suffering from a delusional episode as I could swear I just saw Morton win 5-0. It just confirms what many of us thought - we were not that bad a squad, we were just badly managed. Is it too late for Dougie to get a mention in the new Year's Honours?

Beaming from ear to ear . What a platform to build on. Delighted for Cammy Blues, desperately want him to prove us all wrong. 

There will be ups and downs to come but fuck me, its been a long time since an up like this. In Dougie We Trust.

1 minute ago, so72 said:

Beaming from ear to ear . What a platform to build on. Delighted for Cammy Blues, desperately want him to prove us all wrong. 

There will be ups and downs to come but fuck me, its been a long time since an up like this. In Dougie We Trust.

Blues has been handy in front of goal since we signed him, he's not short of good finishes. Arguably the best part of his game.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Blues has been handy in front of goal since we signed him, he's not short of good finishes. Arguably the best part of his game.

Aye ive always thought that he should be played in a role that gives him licence to get in the box as he's the best we have at arriving from midfield and getting a goal. Lyon playing the deeper of everyone seemed to work well today. 

First time I've seen us in a while where the team had a plan and seemed to know what everyone was doing. Dunfermline were awful but usually even if we defend well its usually blocks from our defenders being out of position but we defended excellently as a team from front to back. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

20 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Just read the official Dunfermline match report and have to thank them again for making me laugh with the line "The home side certainly demonstrated the way to take their chances in what otherwise was a fairly even match."

They're not that wrong, tbh. Which is, of course, not a criticism of Morton at all. Taking chances is a hugely important part of the game. 

EOho8Pw.png

Best 70th birthday ever.  That was outstanding.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 win in 19 at Cappielow before today, we needed that and to do it in that manner was incredible.

4 weeks ago we were ripped a new one by Inverness, what a turnaround and huge credit to Dougie for installing that belief in the players. Players were full of energy, aggressive and had purpose in what they were trying to do. Night and day under Gus and hoofball. 

That result would simply not have happened under Gus. We took the lead a few times under him against Dunfermline, Arbroath, Raith and Ayr and failed to win any of them, delighted to see us kick on and see the game out so easily.

Huge credit to Blues who has been in and out and has had his fair share of criticism. Worked his arse off and was really effective. 

Hynes is limited in what he offers but what a ball in for the 3rd.  Back 3 strolled it and gave very little away too.

Great to see a bit of interaction with the fans at the end, even if it was a bit forced, over time I'm sure they will realise that 99% of fans are right behind them and that interaction can become genuine.

Couple of players in over the next week or two and no reason why we can't kick on and have a comfortable end to the season.

Go scud Ayr next week now.

Archived