Match Preview/Thread - Kilmarnock vs Morton (29th December) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Kilmarnock vs Morton (29th December)

Admin

A month ago I would have been gutted that Oksanen was leaving and I definitely think there's a player in there that we've grinded down to our level. 

He went from an inventive attacking passer of the ball who probably needed time to get used to the chaos of championship football to a player that seemed to be going through the motions and was happy to take little responsibility in possession and continually passed it backwards when there was an opportunity to drive us forward. 

Always felt his attitude off the ball was absolutely fine and his set pieces were a real weapon so he will be missed and I'll still look out for his career to see how it pans out and hope he goes on to bigger and better things than Gus-ball. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Scott said:

We do definitely need a creative midfielder/attacker though. 

We already have a creative midfielder/attacker, that the club has foolishly chosen to build its first team around. 

52 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

A couple of additions to that squad and we will have a chance of pushing on. Could he doing with a winger and a striker at the very least and also a centre mid to give us options. Oliver is not a midfielder.

A mere couple of additions will be nowhere near enough, as there is no sign that the other clubs in the bottom half are content to stand still in January. If Oksanen is away then we are looking for at least four additions to have a credible squad (including a backup keeper for the first time in years). It was that level of addition in January last season that allowed Queen of the South to slither away from danger: minor strengthening will only see us at the bottom of the pack when other teams' transfer activity are accounted for. 

The big problem is where the money is coming from to do this, as GMFC and other Championship clubs have foolishly chosen to throttle their already budgeted matchday revenue instead of putting the season on hold until fans can actually return.

A draw at Kilmarnock is a good start, buy Imrie is in a much tougher spot than I think he realised before taking the job.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

12 hours ago, Alibi said:

Maybe Imrie will tap Livi to see if we can get that Noublie guy or the other Jack Hamilton…

Unfortunately, it's been well reported that Nouble is going back to Livi and Hamilton is going the other way.

Wouldn't be surprised to see both at Arbroath come the end of the window.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Unfortunately, it's been well reported that Nouble is going back to Livi and Hamilton is going the other way.

Wouldn't be surprised to see both at Arbroath come the end of the window.

Yes, I was aware of that, but was being slightly flippant now that Imrie has arrived.

We know Knowles is knackered & Oksanen is off. Question remaining is whether Mcentee, Allan & and Reilly are here for the full season, and then we'll maybe know what to expect in the way of new loans.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

17 hours ago, GIBBYTON said:

I am generally not against 3 at the back, mainly as we have no wide midfielders or the strikers to play a front 3, and we can get some width from the wingbacks. But Jacobs has been off the pace the last few months and Oliver should not be playing that linking role. 

Defensively we were just too deep and it just invited preasure, when we have been inept at basic defending in the past weeks that just asking for trouble.

A first half that we got what we deserved And could have been down 2 or 3.

But some bold early changes, show that Imrie will not accept that type of performance.  The changes allowed us to compete and from then on we looked like we had half a chance.

Let's hope he can build on this and progress

Ghost.  Long time no see.  Welcome back mate.

*insert signature here*

This might be a tad harsh (in isolation, at least, except it’s a recurring theme), but it’s pretty galling how they’ve followed it up by apologising for the quality and saying it won’t happen again. The problem is it has happened before and it has happened again and there’s no real excuses for it even once. It’s not really on to constantly serve up shite then offer up a weak apology only after getting pelters for it.

AWMSC

In the absence of any clear, delineated responsibilities, every club Board member is 100% OK with this - the fact that it's been going on for ages, the fact that they need 10 angry Tweet replies on multiple occasions to notice it, and the fact that "och sorry we'll sort it" is better than actually... sorting it.

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, capitanus said:

Ghost.  Long time no see.  Welcome back mate.

Given I have only been posting on the forum a few weeks I don't know who you are talking about, but to be clear I have never posted on the forum before now.  

If you agree with my opinions or not is up to you, that's kind of the point of a forum, to express an opinion.

1 hour ago, GIBBYTON said:

Given I have only been posting on the forum a few weeks I don't know who you are talking about, but to be clear I have never posted on the forum before now.  

If you agree with my opinions or not is up to you, that's kind of the point of a forum, to express an opinion.

There was a guy on here years ago who used a very similar name, that's all. I thought it was him as well.

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, GIBBYTON said:

Aye, if its not Ghost then apologies.  Mistaken identity.

Fuxake man, you're hard work. I was just being friendly.

*insert signature here*

It's a recurring theme from this rabble, but it's galling (leaving everything else aside for a moment...) seeing Lithgow in the paper talking about "bad luck" and how "dodgy clearances" at Arbroath cost us goals. No, Alan, you did. It's not bad luck when every single game you and yer pals are utter shite, and it's not bad luck that there's not many goals being scored at the other end: it's exactly what you deserve.

We've been hearing varying shades of this shite for a years now, it's been a constant theme since Hopkin came in (which isn't to say it wasn't there before) to pick up the Tele every day and read some fuckin diddy bleating about how how hard done by they are and how they actually played well in whatever recent shite result had just been. It's bad enough from anybody, but it's especially grating coming from a guy who's meant to be an experienced head at the back and who wears the captain's armband on occasion. Take a bit of fuckin responsibility for yourself and your team, ffs.

I really hope this is something Imrie gets to grips with, it's really draining reading that kind of stuff every other day. It epitomises everything wrong with the club and it needs to stop.

AWMSC

26 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

It's a recurring theme from this rabble, but it's galling (leaving everything else aside for a moment...) seeing Lithgow in the paper talking about "bad luck" and how "dodgy clearances" at Arbroath cost us goals. No, Alan, you did. It's not bad luck when every single game you and yer pals are utter shite, and it's not bad luck that there's not many goals being scored at the other end: it's exactly as it should be.

We've been hearing varying shades of this shite for a years now, it's been a constant theme since Hopkin came in (which isn't to say it wasn't there before) to pick up the Tele every day and read some fuckin diddy bleating about how how hard done by they are and how they actually played well in whatever recent shite result had just been. It's bad enough from anybody, but it's especially grating coming from a guy who's meant to be an experienced head at the back and who wears the captain's armband on occasion. Take a bit of fuckin responsibility for yourself and your team, ffs.

I really hope this is something Imrie gets to grips with, it's really draining reading that kind of stuff every other day. It epitomises everything wrong with the club and it needs to stop.

Let's not forget that one swallow doesn't make a summer.  He may have scored the other evening and gained us a point, but how many points has that pervert cost us this season?

His attitude has been a disgrace all season long and despite some of the comments above from the likes of Champton and Bewilderbeast, he is a fucking embarrassment to our club who should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

One goal is nowhere near a penance from him.  He needs to do that every week to even consider himself worthy of our support.

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

It's a recurring theme from this rabble, but it's galling (leaving everything else aside for a moment...) seeing Lithgow in the paper talking about "bad luck" and how "dodgy clearances" at Arbroath cost us goals. No, Alan, you did. It's not bad luck when every single game you and yer pals are utter shite, and it's not bad luck that there's not many goals being scored at the other end: it's exactly what you deserve.

I completely agree on the luck point, but something that the team can change to improve their 'luck' and stop leaving points on the table (as they see it) is to dominate from set-pieces. Our failure to do so was one of the main reasons why McPherson wasn't up to the job - the lower down the league you are, the more important set pieces become as a way of compensating for shortcomings in open play. 

The corner goal from the other night is an encouraging start, as this is the most immediate (and no budget needed) change that Imrie can make to improve results. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Apologies if already posted elsewhere.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived