Covid 19, 2021 Christmas Special - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Covid 19, 2021 Christmas Special

Jamie_M

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Ayr and Kilmarnock have already agreed to reschedule their derby until February so I'm sure that MCT (football without the fans is nothing) will be doing the same for our home fixture on January 8th anyway. 

If the SPFL/SFA insist on the season end date staying the same then I can't see the logic in postponing games by a few weeks. I can't see the Gvt letting full crowds in again at any point in January or the first half of February. Hope I am wrong of course.

Ballot amongst all season ticket holders for the Dunfermline game now. Imagine some M-Zers will moan but seems fairest way to me. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

59 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Ballot amongst all season ticket holders for the Dunfermline game now. Imagine some M-Zers will moan but seems fairest way to me. 

There's a potential for the two people that I drive to the games to be granted entry to this game but I'm not, meaning two tickets could be unused.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

But yet that's exactly what you did do when one of the conditions of purchase was 'if you can't go, you get the stream'.

Pfft. Who reads the terms and conditions?! 

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Scott said:

Restrictions lifted from 17th. Wonder if there's any chance the game could be moved to Monday night? 

Every Championship, League 1 & 2 Club affected on Saturday should make the application to change their fixtures to Monday night.

But we all know that the hierarchy at the SPFL wouldn't wear it (although they should, to protect their members interests).

Yet again the Premier League clubs gain while the rest are filed under the "couldn't give a fuck about them tab"

13 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Every Championship, League 1 & 2 Club affected on Saturday should make the application to change their fixtures to Monday night.

But we all know that the hierarchy at the SPFL wouldn't wear it (although they should, to protect their members interests).

Yet again the Premier League clubs gain while the rest are filed under the "couldn't give a fuck about them tab"

I don't see why the SPFL - comprising its members - wouldn't agree to such a common-sense move.

EOho8Pw.png

56 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Or the Scottish Government could just use common sense and bin the stupid restrictions now although I do think it's funny Partick will miss out on a small fortune on Fri night.

Hasn't been mentioned here so far, but proof of vaccination needs to be shown for events, with 50% of attendees for events with over 1,000 in attendance needing to show their vaccine proof. Probably just about workable at our level, but is there really the expectation that 30,000 will be asked to show proof of their vaccination status at Celtic Park, for example? The delays at the turnstiles will be incredible.

3 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Hasn't been mentioned here so far, but proof of vaccination needs to be shown for events, with 50% of attendees for events with over 1,000 in attendance needing to show their vaccine proof. Probably just about workable at our level, but is there really the expectation that 30,000 will be asked to show proof of their vaccination status at Celtic Park, for example? The delays at the turnstiles will be incredible.

It'll be 1000 people at Cappielow for most games as it's 50% or 1000 whichever is higher (sorry for being a pedant). 

My assumption is that this is one of those things that the appearance of an effort being made will satisfy the powers that be. 

Really surprised that nothing has officially come from any clubs yet about games being moved to Monday or Tuesday. Partick asked if the restrictions could be lifted from Friday instead as they can't move their game to Monday or Tuesday because the BBC won't let them, but thats obviously not happening. Maybe some clubs have reasons to not want to move it, eg Queen of the South apparently have a hotel booked in Inverness already, but I don't see any reason for Morton and Ayr not to get this moved.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

28 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Really surprised that nothing has officially come from any clubs yet about games being moved to Monday or Tuesday. Partick asked if the restrictions could be lifted from Friday instead as they can't move their game to Monday or Tuesday because the BBC won't let them, but thats obviously not happening. Maybe some clubs have reasons to not want to move it, eg Queen of the South apparently have a hotel booked in Inverness already, but I don't see any reason for Morton and Ayr not to get this moved.

Only reason I can see is that one or other, or both clubs, would prefer the extra days rest before their next game the following Saturday.

(Have no idea if Ayr actually have a game on Saturday)

34 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Yes, Partick Thistle. Whose matches against Ayr and ourselves were conveniently postponed at a time restrictions were in place, leaving them as the only club in the division who haven’t yet been impacted by this, yet they’re the ones whining in public about it. Nobody’s ever as hard done to as that miserable lot. Fuck them and their shitey fans.

3 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Only reason I can see is that one or other, or both clubs, would prefer the extra days rest before their next game the following Saturday.

(Have no idea if Ayr actually have a game on Saturday)

Ayr are at home to St. Mirren next Saturday, who play Dundee United at Tannadice on Tuesday. Motherwell are away to Ross County the same night, so playing Ayr on Tuesday would give us the same rest (without the arduous journey) and playing on the Monday would give us 24 hours more. It would make sense.

8 minutes ago, Toby said:

Ayr are at home to St. Mirren next Saturday, who play Dundee United at Tannadice on Tuesday. Motherwell are away to Ross County the same night, so playing Ayr on Tuesday would give us the same rest (without the arduous journey) and playing on the Monday would give us 24 hours more. It would make sense.

Fair comment

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Would imagine hospitality comes in to play. Might have 100 or so booked, food ordered erc.

Changing to a Monday night will mean x amount wont be able to make it due to work, distance to travel etc compared to a Saturday.

They 'could' still do it i guess but might piss off some booked in for Sat.

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Possibly the clubs don't see the hassle of changing it as worth it (they should), with the compensation covering most of any lost revenue anyway?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/59980850

Archived