Covid 19, 2021 Christmas Special - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Covid 19, 2021 Christmas Special

Jamie_M

Being reported that Championship clubs have voted not to postpone games while the restrictions are in place. Disappointed by that, but I can also understand clubs being wary that restrictions will be extended, which would then leave them with no choice but to play in front of reduced crowds meaning they've given themselves a fixture backlog for no reason.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Being reported that Championship clubs have voted not to postpone games while the restrictions are in place. Disappointed by that, but I can also understand clubs being wary that restrictions will be extended, which would then leave them with no choice but to play in front of reduced crowds meaning they've given themselves a fixture backlog for no reason.

Or they could just elect to further postpone games until the SG caves on its ridiculous restriction and play the backlog of games whenever they're no longer required to jump through a set of pointless hoops.

I don't see any other live events deciding to batter ahead with a fraction of their expected attendance in light of yesterday's announcement. In any sensible industry, that results in a postponement. And those businesses should therefore - quite rightly - be entitled to the lion's share of any government support dished; none of which is likely to touch the edges of the losses caused by Sturgeon's fraudulent I can't believe it's not lockdown routine. 

I'd like to know GMFC's vote and the reasoning behind it, because this collective decision by Championship clubs is utter folly. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not ideal for me as was planning to go Queens game and not Dunfermline but the clubs in a tough spot with this. Perhaps not the best way to split things when you don't know who's able to go and who's not, but I won't lose sleep over it and will watch it on stream. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

13 minutes ago, Deego said:

Is there an even split in surnames of season ticket holders…?

Probably close enough at the point they've split it. It's not half way up the alphabet. 

Some laugh right enough if 600/900 surnames start with Mac or Mc

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

2 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Rather hilariously, main stand only. Which makes a mockery of the restrictions and the complete lack of understanding behind them. 

That's crazy. As well as uncomfortable.  Probably have a less than 500 there as those who want to be in the Cowshed might just prefer to stream the game rather than have to have their lower legs amputated.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

It absolutely makes a mockery of the restrictions. If we can socially distance 4/500 in the Main Stand, why can't we add another 500 or so in each stand? I get Sinclair Street may be reduced in this sense though.

The club proudly display SNP advertising in the ground. The same party that is ripping the life out the game. There should be zero political advertising at Cappielow and grounds around the country.

5 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Surely it wouldn’t be that hard to set up an online registration via Skiddle or something and have the first game first come, first served? 

As for “there’s not much else that can be done”, I would be pretty certain that nobody else will do this.

Agree but at the same time if they've just decided that needed to make a snap decision, split the ST holders in half and go with it for the very short term then I think we can just about put up with it. 

They should now be making contingency plans in case the government decide to punish football clubs again with no notice. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

They’ve had since Tuesday afternoon, I don’t believe for a minute it wasn’t possible to quickly piece together something that gives people a choice and which would allow for any remaining tickets to be sold on the door. The biggest barrier is that nobody has a fuckin clue what they’re doing.

AWMSC

Thanks Mr Supporter, it would be very helpful if you could now give us your feedback though our MCT channels so that we can arrange to have a meeting to discuss who will Google Skiddle.

onsP5NR.jpg

In Falkirk statement regarding first come first serve they've had to explain their decision because some fans aren't happy as they don't live locally or can't get in to the club to purchase. 

There's always going to be some people unhappy no matter what the club does, and this way every season ticket holder is guaranteed to see a match during covid restrictions and can watch the other on stream. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

15 minutes ago, port-ton said:

In Falkirk statement regarding first come first serve they've had to explain their decision because some fans aren't happy as they don't live locally or can't get in to the club to purchase. 

There's always going to be some people unhappy no matter what the club does, and this way every season ticket holder is guaranteed to see a match during covid restrictions and can watch the other on stream. 

Aye, Falkirk fans not happy that they didn't do a ballot. Understand its difficult with short notice.

Dunfermline have went a different way and said feck it, no fans for the next 2 games.

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

It absolutely makes a mockery of the restrictions. If we can socially distance 4/500 in the Main Stand, why can't we add another 500 or so in each stand? I get Sinclair Street may be reduced in this sense though.

The club proudly display SNP advertising in the ground. The same party that is ripping the life out the game. There should be zero political advertising at Cappielow and grounds around the country.

Ripping the life out the game by buying advertising space from clubs?  Aye right.  I don't agree with the 500 limit - for grounds like ours it could be about three times that with no distancing problems - but it's not really a party political matter.  These decisions are made on the basis of advice from people who actually have some idea what to do to suppress a pandemic even if their knowledge of lower division football stadia is a bit lacking.

For what it's worth, if the effects of this variant do turn out to be a lot milder, i think we may see things ease after the three weeks are up.  By that time the picture should be clearer. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

12 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

It’s been clearly stated that the limit is to set an example and is not based on any kind of science.

Furthermore, anybody that still thinks the clowns in charge actually have any clue about how to suppress a virus at this stage is kidding themselves on.

Absolutely correct, which is why Silverburn and Braehead will be allowed to do a roaring trade on Boxing Day, while the government insists that 600 people cannot be outside at a football ground. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived