Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December)

Admin

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

If I remember correctly, and I'm happy to be corrected, the away dressing room is a good bit smaller than the home dressing room, so that's probably the reason it can't be used under Covid regs

Did we not change dressing rooms in the Duffy years? I recall something about switching over so that our management team were nearer the stand side linesman.  TBH I can't actually remember which side of the tunnel we are on now. Anyway it would seem strange if we moved to the other dressing room if it is smaller.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

12 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Did we not change dressing rooms in the Duffy years? I recall something about switching over so that our management team were nearer the stand side linesman.  TBH I can't actually remember which side of the tunnel we are on now. Anyway it would seem strange if we moved to the other dressing room if it is smaller.

Could have done at one point but the team certainly comes into the tunnel from the room on the right of the tunnel as you look across from the shed. The dugouts on that side are bigger too.

Screenshot_20211214-101756.png

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

If I remember correctly, and I'm happy to be corrected, the away dressing room is a good bit smaller than the home dressing room, so that's probably the reason it can't be used under Covid regs

As far as I'm aware, one team must use both sets of changing rooms to comply with the current COVID regulations, which is why they were previously the Morton players were using the hospitality lounges before crowds were allowed back in. Now that hospitality is back, the club rented the two portacabins for the away teams, with our players using both dressing rooms in the main stand.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

15 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

As far as I'm aware, one team must use both sets of changing rooms to comply with the current COVID regulations, 

Not sure it's so much 'one team must use both' but rather, social distancing is expected to be used in them therefore one team NEEDS both to allow that to happen.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Hopkin switched them. Anderson switched back last Tuesday.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

If they continue to use the gym for the away team they can get rid of the portacabins that are costing the club £2000 a month.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, MarTon80 said:

So, guys like me who have bought a season ticket specifically for Sinclair Street are just put somewhere else? 

I've stood there for years and because Billy Dodds is a torn faced wee fudd I've just to move? 

That'll be right 

23 hours ago, vikingTON said:

How much will the club lose from its piss-poor entry setup for home fans and alienating its primary customer base? 

Bump. I'm not sure if someone who churns out myopic, penny-pinching nonsense and then runs away from all scrutiny like this should be elected as a director of MCT. I think we've got more than enough of those 'qualities' on the board as it is. 

Vote against Duncan in Friday's director vote, if you want to try and stop MCT entering the same spiral of utter irrelevance and failure as he managed with the Supporters' Trust before it. The candidate's attitude is plain as day to see, so don't say that you weren't warned about it. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Bump. I'm not sure if someone who churns out myopic, penny-pinching nonsense and then runs away from all scrutiny like this should be elected as a director of MCT. I think we've got more than enough of those 'qualities' on the board as it is. 

Vote against Duncan in Friday's director vote, if you want to try and stop MCT entering the same spiral of utter irrelevance and failure as he managed with the Supporters' Trust before it. The candidate's attitude is plain as day to see, so don't say that you weren't warned about it. 

You do realise he'll get it though?

Although, this is a poll to be a mannie oan a committee, and NOT to be one of the committee men.

*insert signature here*

I've not received an email from MCT about the Friday vote and it's not mentioned on their website either. How does one actually go about voting? Not going through weeks of Twitter posts to figure it out on the off-chance they've posted it there.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

I've not received an email from MCT about the Friday vote and it's not mentioned on their website either. How does one actually go about voting? Not going through weeks of Twitter posts to figure it out on the off-chance they've posted it there.

Dear Members,

We'd like to announce that Brian Gillan and Stuart Duncan have received the required number of nominations to be MCT Director candidates.

According to the MCT articles, the process from here is as follows:

Article 34 is required to be followed, which states that an election process must take place by postal or electronic means.

Notice is given to members and they have 14 days to consider bios from each candidate.

Each member will cast one vote, for either Brian or Stuart. Members may not vote for either if they so wish.

The votes are then fairly and accurately counted by someone independent. 

What this means in practice is that 14 days from today, exclusive of today and the poll date (on Friday 17th December at 9am), we will send members a link to an online poll and ask them to cast their votes and provide an email address, for member verification. This poll will remain open until 11pm on the same day (Friday 17th December).

An EGM is not required as per the MCT articles, as was previously incorrectly stated.

Members can access Brian and Stuart's bios via the links below and you'll be able to cast your vote via the link we send you on Friday the 17th of December. 

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

You do realise he'll get it though?

Although, this is a poll to be a mannie oan a committee, and NOT to be one of the committee men.

There's only one spot up for grabs, so I'd say that someone who views last Saturday's arrangement as a great improvement should absolutely not get it. If that happens, it'll be on the membership when we get yet more mumbleclown nonsense in a MCT capacity. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Dear Members,

We'd like to announce that Brian Gillan and Stuart Duncan have received the required number of nominations to be MCT Director candidates.

According to the MCT articles, the process from here is as follows:

Article 34 is required to be followed, which states that an election process must take place by postal or electronic means.

Notice is given to members and they have 14 days to consider bios from each candidate.

Each member will cast one vote, for either Brian or Stuart. Members may not vote for either if they so wish.

The votes are then fairly and accurately counted by someone independent. 

What this means in practice is that 14 days from today, exclusive of today and the poll date (on Friday 17th December at 9am), we will send members a link to an online poll and ask them to cast their votes and provide an email address, for member verification. This poll will remain open until 11pm on the same day (Friday 17th December).

An EGM is not required as per the MCT articles, as was previously incorrectly stated.

Members can access Brian and Stuart's bios via the links below and you'll be able to cast your vote via the link we send you on Friday the 17th of December. 

There's only one spot up for grabs, so I'd say that someone who views last Saturday's arrangement as a great improvement should absolutely not get it. If that happens, it'll be on the membership when we get yet more mumbleclown nonsense in a MCT capacity. 

The bit in bold - it is a bit of a shite choice.  One of the cohorts from the 'The Stars of 79' fiasco or one of the Gillan siblings.  However, on that basis i reckon that the mumbleclown gets it.

Out of interest, why didnt you put yourself forward for this role?  

*insert signature here*

13 hours ago, capitanus said:

The bit in bold - it is a bit of a shite choice.  One of the cohorts from the 'The Stars of 79' fiasco or one of the Gillan siblings.  However, on that basis i reckon that the mumbleclown gets it.

Out of interest, why didnt you put yourself forward for this role?  

Contrary to appearances right now I'm busy with work (it's currently marking time so jumping over to here is a regular break from that) and I'll have a higher workload in the New Year as well. I couldn't put in the time and more importantly the energy that the task requires at the moment. 

I was thinking about just launching a bid anyway once the MCT mishandling of well, everything last month happened, but at that point applications had already closed. I believe Alibi mentioned that he was in a similar position; so long as we kept an eye out for any more Lucozade-guzzling Walter Mittys out there, I'd have backed that bid over the options on the table now.

I'm not criticising candidates who have put their head above the parapet so far, but if members' votes are to count for anything then we need scrutiny before making a choice. It's ridiculous that we need more of an outside perspective on a fans' group after just three fucking years, but here we are. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Contrary to appearances right now I'm busy with work (it's currently marking time so jumping over to here is a regular break from that) and I'll have a higher workload in the New Year as well. I couldn't put in the time and more importantly the energy that the task requires at the moment. 

I was thinking about just launching a bid anyway once the MCT mishandling of well, everything last month happened, but at that point applications had already closed. I believe Alibi mentioned that he was in a similar position; so long as we kept an eye out for any more Lucozade-guzzling Walter Mittys out there, I'd have backed that bid over the options on the table now.

I'm not criticising candidates who have put their head above the parapet so far, but if members' votes are to count for anything then we need scrutiny before making a choice. It's ridiculous that we need more of an outside perspective on a fans' group after just three fucking years, but here we are. 

The bit in bold, ahem:

On 12/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, vikingTON said:

Thanks for playing, Champ :lol:

*insert signature here*

Archived