Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December)

Admin

5 minutes ago, HeidTheBaw said:

All in on Rajamaki then 😂. Fucking tadger.

You don't need to be all in on Rajamaki to recognise that your claim that nobody would ever want to manage Morton and their big, bad, boo boy fanbase is complete and utter bollocks. Rajamaki's open declaration from fucking Finland simply proves your gormless, mewling argument comprehensively wrong. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HeidTheBaw said:

Every manager since McGraw has been chased. 

Not true.

Stark left after a 6 goals horsing by Inverness. The team that he'd been building (that had won 5-1 at Love Street a few months earlier) was being ripped apart (like the club) by the chairman. 

Ian McCall was locked out by the chairman after the final game of the season, Peter Cormack left due to ill-health. Fairly sure at least one manager was relieved of their contract due to us being in administration. 

Don't recall anyone chasing them out. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Allan was injured last week, I believe. No idea what happened to McEntee today but we could really have used him, he's been solid.

McEntee had his thigh strapped up the other week and had to be subbed in the first half. Presume there’s a muscle injury keeping him sidelined.

59 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Not true.

Stark left after a 6 goals horsing by Inverness. The team that he'd been building (that had won 5-1 at Love Street a few months earlier) was being ripped apart (like the club) by the chairman. 

Ian McCall was locked out by the chairman after the final game of the season, Peter Cormack left due to ill-health. Fairly sure at least one manager was relieved of their contract due to us being in administration. 

Don't recall anyone chasing them out. 

Ray McKinnon was chased out by his own shadow, as he slinked off to Falkirk under an illegitimate tapping-up offer that they paid compensation for. 

But yes, clearly Greenock Morton occupy the untenable hotseat of Scottish football. 

16 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

McEntee had his thigh strapped up the other week and had to be subbed in the first half. Presume there’s a muscle injury keeping him sidelined.

There's no such excuse for Ledger, who is presumably being sidelined for not meeting the home-grown ringer quota at right back or the puffing, marquee signing pick at centre back.

He's better than either of them though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think we've had 7 managers in the last 10 years or so. Compare that to the average and I reckon we're not that far away. Certainly, team around us like Ayr, QOTS and Dunfermline have had as many, if not more. 

I'd be amazed if we were drastically different from most other teams in Scotland. 

I simply don't buy that we're any worse than any other group of fans or that we've hounded every manager out.

I'd argue that of our last 5 permanent managers, only Gus has been fired for underperforming. Duffy didn't have his contract renewed, McKinnon was a cock, JJ was papped by the owner, Hopkin offered his resignation

I have paid for 15 streams this year as I live in Australia and I feel like I am contributing to the club when I pay my money(I'm  also a member of MCT) but its getting harder and harder to part with my money when you watch that dross getting beat 6-1 off ICT... its so frustrating to watch them constantly give the ball away with their hoofball and putting themselves back under pressure...there needs to be a big clean out because I don't see us surviving in the Championship while we have players who don't give a monkey's about that jersey. There is no fight in that team right now and I feel for the supporters who go to Cappielow and pay their hard earned money to be deflated just like that by a team which is probably the worst team I have ever saw in my 50 odd years of supporting the TON.

24 minutes ago, Scozzie said:

I have paid for 15 streams this year as I live in Australia and I feel like I am contributing to the club when I pay my money(I'm  also a member of MCT) but its getting harder and harder to part with my money when you watch that dross getting beat 6-1 off ICT... its so frustrating to watch them constantly give the ball away with their hoofball and putting themselves back under pressure...there needs to be a big clean out because I don't see us surviving in the Championship while we have players who don't give a monkey's about that jersey. There is no fight in that team right now and I feel for the supporters who go to Cappielow and pay their hard earned money to be deflated just like that by a team which is probably the worst team I have ever saw in my 40 odd years of supporting the TON.

Cannae argue with any of that. 

Folk watching games on the stream will mibby now get frustrations. 

I am not one fall hyberbole but that was an utterly disgraceful performance from a side representing Morton. 

Utterly gutless and with zero leadership. 

It pointed towards a club with no direction. 

What do we actually stand for as a club? 

What are we about? 

A bunch of faceless amateur guys saying they are for the supporters etc? 

A manager less side for the next week and a half who have no direction? 

No leadership on the pitch and no pies off it 

The whole, Sinclair St  being shut... 

Folk have stood there for years yet its just.. Ach well we are shutting them due to our own shitfest. 

It is alll utterly amateur and all utterly tinpot and wee club and "we are doing our best". 

Well your best isn't food enough. 

It isn't a massive stretch to expect better from *"community ownership"

*I thought it was to be fan run but apparently not... 

Defensively we were awful and Hamilton had his worst game for us. I can't understand why ledger isn't starting ahead of hynes at RB or Lithgow/ strapp at centre back.

And what the fuck was the point in bringing easedale on? Can we not just accept the boy isn't good enough.

12 hours ago, El gofer said:

Cannae argue with any of that. 

Folk watching games on the stream will mibby now get frustrations. 

I am not one fall hyberbole but that was an utterly disgraceful performance from a side representing Morton. 

Utterly gutless and with zero leadership. 

It pointed towards a club with no direction. 

What do we actually stand for as a club? 

What are we about? 

A bunch of faceless amateur guys saying they are for the supporters etc? 

A manager less side for the next week and a half who have no direction? 

No leadership on the pitch and no pies off it 

The whole, Sinclair St  being shut... 

Folk have stood there for years yet its just.. Ach well we are shutting them due to our own shitfest. 

It is alll utterly amateur and all utterly tinpot and wee club and "we are doing our best". 

Well your best isn't food enough. 

It isn't a massive stretch to expect better from *"community ownership"

*I thought it was to be fan run but apparently not... 

I hope someone from the club/ MCT is reading this.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

Derek Anderson is our version of John Kennedy, a useless coach with no idea about how to organise a football team.

That may well be true, but yesterday's team was lined up similar to the Kilmarnock home match. The only thing that stopped that from being a similar rout was that Kilmarnock went into cruise control after the second goal. 

2 hours ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

If they continue to use the gym for the away team they can get rid of the portacabins that are costing the club £2000 a month.

How much will the club lose from its piss-poor entry setup for home fans and alienating its primary customer base? 

Archived