Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (7th December) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (7th December)

Admin

Unfortunately our decision not to play actual midfielders in two of our four midfield positions is coming back to bite us in this second half. I'd have Jacobs on to shore things up and put Oliver behind the two forwards, we're getting nothing from this shape. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presumably we're not making any subs tonight because the computer picked the team and our caretakers are in the blind guys' toaster room waiting to see how things pan out. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Delighted with that. Still improvement to be made but Inverness in decent form and we competed with them for large parts of the match.

Still scarred from the Motherwell game at Fir Park years ago but hopefully see a decent enough away crowd heading there. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Delighted with that. Excellent first half but faded slightly in the second when they got back into it. Also well done to Muirhead that goal was top class. Nice wee away day at Motherwell now who needs a manager eh? 

One point to note thought it was strange the players didn't come over to the cowshed after winning on penalties. 

25 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Delighted with that. Excellent first half but faded slightly in the second when they got back into it. Also well done to Muirhead that goal was top class. Nice wee away day at Motherwell now who needs a manager eh? 

One point to note thought it was strange the players didn't come over to the cowshed after winning on penalties. 

Probably to be expected but sometimes people need to remember it is the fans who are the constant through decades of under-performance and false dawn's.

25 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

They also didn't acknowledge the fans on their way onto the pitch at the start (Oliver did make a small acknowledgment of the fans at the end - he was the only one I saw). Add Muirhead's celebration to that and it paints a picture of a team which doesn't have a very high opinion of the fans. I must admit, I took it a bit personally having just tried to encourage Muirhead to keep his head up after squandering a chance two minutes before. I suppose we're only fans of little Morton and should take whatever we're given. 

This really isn't great for a community owned football club which is financed by the fans. The way I see it, you simply cannot successfully run a football club in this way if the players continue to show such open disdain for the fans. Something has to change here in the culture at the club. 

We need to appoint a manager who will fire a rocket up the arses of some of the glorified Herbalife salesmen with a sense of injustice about their 1 goal per 40 Championship league games (as a forward!) going unrecognised. Not someone who will build the world's most gubbins 'siege mentality' around some of the team's unjustified resentment right now. 

Get me Neil Warnock/Sir David Irons. 

It's some laugh. For all that today was an improvement and Muirhead hit a great strike (and a great penalty, come to mention it) he's been rank rotten since Montrose, and the team still hasn't won at Cappielow in ninety minutes since the clocks last went forward. But still they had a decent crowd supporting them today, in the cold, in a non-ST game a few weeks before Christmas, and not exactly getting on their backs (judging from the stream.)

Keep up performances like today's and the fans will be eating out of their hands, that's all they need to do. 

As SpoonTon says this is a cultural issue with the club. Contempt runs right through it. 

EOho8Pw.png

We were fortunate to hang on to penalties tonight but that had relatively little to do with the players on the park but more the flagging tactical shape and lack of subs to correct it or just add fresh legs. The key lesson, just like on Saturday, is that direct football is effective for us so long as we get the likes of Lyon automatically going forward in support, as well as Russell breaking through from wide areas. 

We were still too exposed defensively and really struggled from set-pieces, but simply carrying an attacking threat is a huge improvement on the muck we had last week. And if we had went 2-0 up before half time, it could have been a more comfortable game without really deserving that outcome. Having an attacking threat can always get results. 

Fair play to the team getting over the line, but if any of them think the criticism either they or the management team have received this season has been unwarranted and that’s why they’re shunning supporters, I really do not know what to tell them.     

Archived