Alleged Racial Abuse of Ugwu? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alleged Racial Abuse of Ugwu?

Toby

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

Some interesting takes from people willing to accept some form of rehabilitation for racism, but Alan Lithgow...he's not allowed to be rehabilitated.

Really strange take

I don’t think anyone, with the possible exception of Paul, would have an issue with Lithgow paying £20 into Cappielow to watch a football match, 13 years after committing his crime.

Likewise, I don’t think anyone would have any real issue with this pair facing criminal charges for their alleged crimes, losing their jobs (in the unlikely event of them being employed) and having any future employment prospects impaired by the presence of this on their probably already lengthy criminal records.

I’m very much a NIMBY on Lithgow, and would certainly be front row and centre if there were any protests about either of them seeking employment at Morton at any point in the future.

There really is nothing strange about the takes. Rehabilitation is one thing, consequence is something completely different.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Some interesting takes from people willing to accept some form of rehabilitation for racism, but Alan Lithgow...he's not allowed to be rehabilitated.

Really strange take

Really strange to make a thread about our striker being racially abused about our sex offender captain.

27 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Really strange take

Yes, yours certainly is. An abysmal one as well. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Entry to a football match is a privilege and not a right. If they're racist at football matches then they're racist in every day life. If they can be rehabilitated then that's excellent news for the people they come in to contact with, but they should 100% not be allowed back at Cappielow ever in my opinion. 

The PA announcee reads out a statement pre match every week about a zero tolerance policy regarding inclusion. Zero tolerance to me doesn't mean let back in after a year/5 years etc. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Aye right, get yersel tae fuck. 

Harsh but maybe fair - I did revise that further down the page.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Entry to a football match is a privilege and not a right. If they're racist at football matches then they're racist in every day life. If they can be rehabilitated then that's excellent news for the people they come in to contact with, but they should 100% not be allowed back at Cappielow ever in my opinion. 

The PA announcee reads out a statement pre match every week about a zero tolerance policy regarding inclusion. Zero tolerance to me doesn't mean let back in after a year/5 years etc. 

Zero tolerance doesn't imply what the long term punishment will be, though, only that the club will not tolerate it in the ground (and will work to keep it out). 

I mean, say a young man shouts something racist and is thrown out the ground but 5 or 10 years later has radically changed as a person and has used their own experience to work as a campaigner against racism - would they still be named from coming to a football match, or even from coming to educate fans or players on racism? Some of the best workers in drug addict support work are former addicts, some of the best youth workers were terrors in their youth, some of the best advocates against prejudice were once incredibly prejudiced. 

I think what we're looking for here is an indefinite ban - until such a time as a real change can be shown to have occurred (if that ever happens). 

13 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Really strange take

As 'Whitabootery' goes, that was a pretty shite effort.  

Next.

*insert signature here*

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see. Hopefully they can be rehabilitated in their life (doubt it) but there's no place for it or them at cappielow. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I gave my view about it on the Twitter thread, but I think it’s worth repeating here, given that I had a ringside view of the less serious of the hearings.

It was explained to my pal that the club could’ve gone to the police over his actions, but chose to try and deal with it internally before taking more drastic action.

For his sake, I was pleased with that course of action, but I wouldn’t like to think the same courtesy has been extended to the gruesome twosome, given the severity of the allegations against them.

My preferred course of action would’ve been to suspend them from attending games pending a criminal investigation and then banning them on conviction, so as not to unduly influence a court case. In Morton’s defence though, it could just be the case that actually getting a conviction would be incredibly difficult, as the evidence pretty much amounts to witness statements, and it can’t be proved beyond reasonable doubt that they were behaving the way they did.

It could be that the club could’ve pushed for convictions, failed to achieve them and then found themselves in the awkward position of having to climb down to the racists themselves. Probably best for the club to just wash their hands of them and move on.

12 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Don't know the details of the Raith Rovers incident, but from what I have heard from people I trust to be fair minded, a ban of up to 18 months from Cappielow seems a bit harsh.

On the other hand, the life-time bans for racist abuse at the Ayr game is to be applauded.  

7 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

What happened at Raith? Was that the incident with Millen?

About Lithgow.

There’s a separate thread- I outlined the outcome of that one about a month ago.

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

It's a bit shan for the Raith guy to be folded in with the lifetime bans. They should have put up two separate articles. But it sounds like reason has prevailed.

His meeting was 4 days after the Ayr game though- could you imagine the reaction if the club had announced his ban and had every Karen on the Tele’s Facebook page slaughtering them for dealing with him but not with the two racists, when, in actual fact they took their time to gather all the facts before taking action?

The tweet’s a bit poorly worded, and I have a bit of sympathy with him for that, but the club were caught between a rock and a hard place.

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

His meeting was 4 days after the Ayr game though- could you imagine the reaction if the club had announced his ban and had every Karen on the Tele’s Facebook page slaughtering them for dealing with him but not with the two racists, when, in actual fact they took their time to gather all the facts before taking action?

The tweet’s a bit poorly worded, and I have a bit of sympathy with him for that, but the club were caught between a rock and a hard place.

Yeah, that's fair. And the club would, in an ideal world, not be in this position anyway because folk would just behave themselves.

EOho8Pw.png

16 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yeah, that's fair. And the club would, in an ideal world, not be in this position anyway because folk would just behave themselves.

Or if the club never signed a convicted sex offender.  That is the root cause of the problem.

In the case of the Raith Rovers incident, I stand with the banned on this one.  Except i'm not standing with him, i'm at home with Sky TV and Central Heating. :thumbup2:

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Good to see. Hopefully they can be rehabilitated in their life (doubt it) but there's no place for it or them at cappielow. 

Given that the club have chosen to employ someone that is culpable of much worse on four separate occasions, why is there a place for him at Cappielow and not them?  

1xRD:DH.

*insert signature here*

Archived