Alleged Racial Abuse of Ugwu? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alleged Racial Abuse of Ugwu?

Toby

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they can be refused entry if they try to get into a future game.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

5 hours ago, Toby said:

Brutal at Queen of the South in the league game too, and I don’t remember seeing them before this season, although my memory might be playing tricks on me give that we were all locked out last season.

The woman’s a spitting image of Tasha Slapper from The Viz, absolute creature.

Yep, QoS came to mind immediately I read this. Can't recall seeing them before this season.

11 hours ago, Cuibhle said:

Sadly it's true.

10 mins into the game one of yesterdays hero's shouted at Gozi " Useless B**** C***" and then started saying black men can't dance.

One of the lads next to him pulled him up about it and this rocket then tried to be a hardman with the lad. He had a woman with him and she started, mouth like a sewer rat. 

Stewards were called and they got emptied, pix of them on twitter.

Scumbags.

Absolute fucking scum. Ban them from every ground in Scotland for life.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Fair play to the club for reacting promptly...

https://www.gmfc.net/alleged-racial-incident-morton-vs-ayr-united/?fbclid=IwAR3cd4iGS0ZS7oOoBmTpm0fBXyntfwURj04qarvqq5f6kftJkQHxJevcfoA

Strange though that they were only ejected from the ground and not handed over to the police, racial abuse is a criminal offence after all. Very poor stewarding. 

I would hope and trust that those who witness this disgusting incident will come forward to ensure that it's dealt with thoroughly and properly. 

I emailed the club and informed them of the incident, what I heard, what I saw. 

Fair play to the club they responded first thing this morning to say they are taking it seriously and working on it.

I'm very much for atmosphere and good patter at games, luv the young team carrying on and the pyros etc, everyone is entitled to an opinion but when you have idiots using race to act like a big man you cross a red line.

What made it worse was the pair of clowns threatening others for speaking out against them.

I would urge anyone who was there and witnessed this incident to contact the club, it's the only way to get rid of scum like that. Don't let bullies like that scare you off.

I’m not actually in favour of life bans for folk found guilty of racism- whilst a punishment/ban of some sort and period of reflection is appropriate, I do think that it’s something that education can sort to an extent. I think a lot of us if we’re being honest may well have had our own prejudices in the past and having grown up are probably better people now- I’d certainly say that’s the case for myself.

That said, you have to wonder what hope there is for a couple of cretins who are presumably in their 50s and still haven’t learned right from wrong.

I’m hoping Gozie was blissfully unaware of what was directed at him on Saturday- being only yards away I didn’t hear it and was only told in the pub later what had happened, but he’s really taken one for the team here. We’ll likely not see that pair inside Cappielow again, which is about the only positive we can take from the situation.

It begs the question about stewarding though. Our own stewards ejected them from the ground- why do the club need information about their identity? For such a serious matter to be dealt with so swiftly, but without certain important details being recorded to prevent reoccurrence seems bizarre. Am I wrong and they’re only looking for witness statements? Surely they weren’t just kicked out and sent on their merry way.

50 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Fair play to the club for reacting promptly...

https://www.gmfc.net/alleged-racial-incident-morton-vs-ayr-united/?fbclid=IwAR3cd4iGS0ZS7oOoBmTpm0fBXyntfwURj04qarvqq5f6kftJkQHxJevcfoA

Strange though that they were only ejected from the ground and not handed over to the police, racial abuse is a criminal offence after all. Very poor stewarding. 

I would hope and trust that those who witness this disgusting incident will come forward to ensure that it's dealt with thoroughly and properly. 

I've not made it to many games this season so don't know the answer, but are the Police even at Cappielow these days?  I seem to remember a few seasons back it being mentioned they weren't a necessity and stewards could run the security of the game removing the cost of having Police present.  Maybe that's why?

here today, gone to hell

4 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

I've not made it to many games this season so don't know the answer, but are the Police even at Cappielow these days?  I seem to remember a few seasons back it being mentioned they weren't a necessity and stewards could run the security of the game removing the cost of having Police present.  Maybe that's why?

It was the police that said they'd start charging the full amount per officer per hour to police football matches.

Until then, clubs were generally charged a fraction of the real cost.

The then Chief Constable even wanted to charge schools for officers ding the don't go with strangers talks!

25 minutes ago, Toby said:

I’m not actually in favour of life bans for folk found guilty of racism- whilst a punishment/ban of some sort and period of reflection is appropriate, I do think that it’s something that education can sort to an extent. 

I'd agree for younger offenders where there is still time for them to mature and change their behaviour, a lifetime ban may be harsh. But for fully grown adults, I'd say it's totally appropriate. 

26 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

I could be wrong, but doesn't every game still have a match commander? 

Fairly disgusting. Here's hoping the club have sufficient info to engage with the individuals and let them know they are not welcome. 

While lifetime bans have been mentioned, I would have no issue with the club issuing a ban that could be lifted if the individuals demonstrated that they had changed their views and educated themselves about racism. Possibly unlikely that they would choose to do so, but I'd say that is part of being a community club.  

1 hour ago, piehutt said:

Fairly disgusting. Here's hoping the club have sufficient info to engage with the individuals and let them know they are not welcome. 

While lifetime bans have been mentioned, I would have no issue with the club issuing a ban that could be lifted if the individuals demonstrated that they had changed their views and educated themselves about racism. Possibly unlikely that they would choose to do so, but I'd say that is part of being a community club.  

I would say a 1 year ban would be appropriate.  Either they would see the error of their ways or they would choose never to darken our door again.

I see the incident made Reporting Scotland last night.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

24 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I would say a 1 year ban would be appropriate.  Either they would see the error of their ways or they would choose never to darken our door again.

I see the incident made Reporting Scotland last night.

"Hey Gozie, fancy signing a new contract? Aye those people who racially abused you will be back in the stand but promise they wont do it again"...

1 year is nowhere near long enough.

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

Some interesting takes from people willing to accept some form of rehabilitation for racism, but Alan Lithgow...he's not allowed to be rehabilitated.

Really strange take

Where has anyone said that? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

32 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

I'm not against a ban being reviewed if/when someone can demonstrate that they've changed their ways, but it would need to be a substantially longer period than a year. 

Yes, you're probably right actually.  Maybe a sine die ban would be better but I think the possibility that someone realises the error of their ways should be allowed for.  A process where the banned person has to make the effort to apply to be reinstated might be more nuanced.

Archived