McPherson sacked - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

McPherson sacked

TRVMP

Fuck me someone positively talking up Morton and its potential. Can't remember last time I heard that. 

Even more excited for the appointment now. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notable comments on the disconnect between the players and supporters, keen to fix that and will accept no shite. Great first interview, hopefully we will see positive results. 

It’s amazing what someone with a bit of positivity can do. I’ve already had a lift from that. 

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The official site doesn't even have it on the homepage, which (as a non-Twitter user) is the first place I go to. Just a million little things nobody at the club cares about getting right.

Anyway, happy with the appointment itself. Risky, but a risk very much worth taking.

It is now on the homepage, with a great picture of his chest and scarf. Looks like a witness protection shot.

Right, no more complaining for today: fair play to the club for getting an interview up within a day of his appointment. And Dougie sounds right up for it. I'll say he's ticking the boxes and saying all the right things, and that a cynic could say that's calculated... but wouldn't you rather have someone who looks for the positives anyway?

I'm all for it. Looking forward to seeing what he can do when he rolls up his sleeves and gets started.

EOho8Pw.png

14 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

It is now on the homepage, with a great picture of his chest and scarf. Looks like a witness protection shot.

Right, no more complaining for today: fair play to the club for getting an interview up within a day of his appointment. And Dougie sounds right up for it. I'll say he's ticking the boxes and saying all the right things, and that a cynic could say that's calculated... but wouldn't you rather have someone who looks for the positives anyway?

I'm all for it. Looking forward to seeing what he can do when he rolls up his sleeves and gets started.

When you say calculated, d’you mean from himself or more someone’s had a word in his ear and told him he should probably touch on these areas?

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

When you say calculated, d’you mean from himself or more someone’s had a word in his ear and told him he should probably touch on these areas?

I meant himself. But honestly either is fine. If the Board has made it clear how they want the manager to engage with the fans then that reflects well on everyone involved, tbh. So I'm not complaining (for once.)

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Does anyone know if Millen and the rest are now away?

Despite a news article announcing the appointment and a follow up interview, neither bothered to mention either the backroom staff situation or the length of the contract Imrie has been given.

While you can read too much into interviews, that's really encouraging and he's saying all the right things. He's talking up the potential of the club both in the short and long term rather than indulging in 'plucky little Morton' stuff, and talking about the minimum standards he expects. While a manager talking about desire, commitment and getting fans onside can sometimes come over a bit John Hughes, in the context of what's going on with this squad that's exactly what we needed to hear from the manager.

It'll all be irrelevant if things don't change on the park, but it sounds like he's going to bring a real professionalism off the park.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Happy with having Imrie back and even happier at some of the bullets we dodged. 

I always liked his attitude as a player and if he can bring that and his determination to the table I think he could be a great fit for us. 

It'll be a tough gig for anyone but I can't see him running away from responsibility like some of the chancers we've had recently or putting up with the 'poor wee us' mentality of some of the players.

22 minutes ago, Scott said:

Is he definitely keeping Millen on as assistant? Disappointed in that if so. We needed a clear out 

I very much doubt that Imrie gets a choice in that matter. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Disappointed if Millen is indeed staying. He has been part of the problem this season and his bizarre running across the pitch looking for square go's in a few games this year won't have helped with his reputation amongst the fans. 

I'm not sure how much influence he has on day to day things but a clean slate was needed imo. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesTon said:

Disappointed if Millen is indeed staying. He has been part of the problem this season and his bizarre running across the pitch looking for square go's in a few games this year won't have helped with his reputation amongst the fans. 

I'm not sure how much influence he has on day to day things but a clean slate was needed imo. 

Probably couldn't afford to pay Millen off aswell 🙄

As long as Millen does what he is told, I think we can live with it. If he doesn’t do what Imrie tells him, he won’t last long.  He’s an assistant, not a co-manager.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 hours ago, DumfriesTon said:

I'd imagine after paying Gus off, the board don't have the cash to tear up Millen's contract. The sad reality is we're stuck with Millen until his contract expires, or he chooses to walk away. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I don't really mind Millen staying. He's an experienced head for Imrie to bounce things off and if he implements Imrie's ideas then so be it. 

We might have played shite football and barely won a game with him and Gus but you can't say we didn't compete in most games so I'm willing to take that positive and hope that he will be a positive to imrie rather than a hindrance. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived