McPherson sacked - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

McPherson sacked

TRVMP

8 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

I'm sure we will find out by March 

Aye, continuing the social media output conversation from the MCT thread, this quote from the Imrie announcement:

"Over the coming days, we will be providing an exclusive in-depth interview with Dougie and will share this via all our usual social media channels."

They should be going on a charm offensive right away around the announce and getting content out there as quick as possible, not 'drop a news article and job done till we get round to it'.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A video or photo of the Celtic penalty was bare minimum to build up to the announcement imo and we didn’t even do that.

They need to be going hard on the social media promotion around this and it needs to start this afternoon, even give us some more photos of him with the scarf in the meantime

I'm actually very optimistic about this appointment to the point I'm planning on heading up to the match on boxing Day when my current isolation period ends but anyone who thinks Dougie isn't going to be severely hamstrung by the muppets running the show from above is kidding themselves on.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Scot Gov can get that idea in the sea honestly. We didn't get 2 or 3 doses of vaccine against this pish to have the government decide whether or not adults can attend football or any other event they like.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye, continuing the social media output conversation from the MCT thread, this quote from the Imrie announcement:

"Over the coming days, we will be providing an exclusive in-depth interview with Dougie and will share this via all our usual social media channels."

They should be going on a charm offensive right away around the announce and getting content out there as quick as possible, not 'drop a news article and job done till we get round to it'.

Agreed. Should be pushing last minute Xmas presents, half season tickets, etc in with this too. A bit of joined up thinking on the back of what most see as good news. 

I don't think anything like that was done in the summer despite the 'marketing campaign' for strips and season tickets. That was done in isolation from signing announcements, etc. 

Things like this should be easy. 

The Social Media is a joke. The club are a joke. The Board make their first good decision imo (excited by Imrie) but completely fail to build any excitement. Is there any person hired at the club or on board who is a professional comms/marketing person? 

Yeah I don’t want to be immediately negative after a positive development, and the social media guy is part time, but that's such an underwhelming way to announce things. He even looks miserable in the picture! He’s just in the door this morning so the delay on the first interview is fine, but absolutely hee haw to hype it up or get some engagement straight off the back of it. Genuinely bizarre when socisls was highlighted as one of key areas MCT were looking to improve on. They have a wee bit, but not here. 

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Scot Gov can get that idea in the sea honestly. We didn't get 2 or 3 doses of vaccine against this pish to have the government decide whether or not adults can attend football or any other event they like.

The bit that made me laugh is the suggestion the concern is not necessarily over fans watching the game, the issue is the queuing up to get in and go to the toilets. We should surely get an exemption as the state of the Cappielow bogs discourages anyone hanging about - even George Michael would be hard pushed to catch covid at Cappielow.

Social distancing is perfectly possible at Cappielow.  The problem would be more difficult to deal with at the likes of Hampden or indeed many of the top division clubs with all seated stadiums, but in the Championship it's not really such a major issue if everyone acts sensibly - oh hang on, I see the problem right there...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Yeah I don’t want to be immediately negative after a positive development, and the social media guy is part time, but that's such an underwhelming way to announce things. He even looks miserable in the picture! He’s just in the door this morning so the delay on the first interview is fine, but absolutely hee haw to hype it up or get some engagement straight off the back of it. Genuinely bizarre when socisls was highlighted as one of key areas MCT were looking to improve on. They have a wee bit, but not here. 

The official site doesn't even have it on the homepage, which (as a non-Twitter user) is the first place I go to. Just a million little things nobody at the club cares about getting right.

Anyway, happy with the appointment itself. Risky, but a risk very much worth taking.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived