McPherson sacked - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

McPherson sacked

TRVMP

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, capitanus said:

Interesting to find that all of the speculation for the Morton job is centred around white protestant males, and no mention of any BAME candidates.  Why is that?

Neil McCann? not that it matters what a manager, player, or toilet attendant is.

It could be ET's wee brother for all I care as long as who ever it is does a job.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Who are you thinking of?  Probably just that there aren't currently many BAME people involved in management at our level.

I see Hibs have sacked Jack Ross.  I'm not au fait with his managerial record but I suspect he's better than any of the jobbers mentioned so far.  Although probably out of our price range.

The one that springs to mind is former Kilmarnock manager, Alex Dyer who is a highly regarded coach.  He started off well at Killie, but lost his job after a bad run of form.  He is perhaps the kind of guy that could excel at our level.

Considering some of the names being touted, including the perma-failure that is Neil McCann, he surely deserves to be amongst them.

As for Jack Ross - that would be as unrealistic a suggestion as Neil Lennon or every knuckleheid's favourite, 'Muck Hoist'.  At least Lennon has achieved something in the game.

*insert signature here*

23 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Neil McCann? not that it matters what a manager, player, or toilet attendant is.

It could be ET's wee brother for all I care as long as who ever it is does a job.

Is he available?  What ludge is he in?

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

The one that springs to mind is former Kilmarnock manager, Alex Dyer who is a highly regarded coach.  He started off well at Killie, but lost his job after a bad run of form.  He is perhaps the kind of guy that could excel at our level.

Considering some of the names being touted, including the perma-failure that is Neil McCann, he surely deserves to be amongst them.

As for Jack Ross - that would be as unrealistic a suggestion as Neil Lennon or every knuckleheid's favourite, 'Muck Hoist'.  At least Lennon has achieved something in the game.

Dyer is a tremendous coach, and works well as a number 2.  He was the iron fist for Chris Powell when they were at Charlton.  But never cut it as a manager.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

23 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

Dyer is a tremendous coach, and works well as a number 2.  He was the iron fist for Chris Powell when they were at Charlton.  But never cut it as a manager.

He's had half a season as manager at Kilmarnock, who were a club punching above their weight but on the decline afterwards.  So why is he not allowed a second chance at a smaller club whilst perennial failures like Jim McIntyre get touted time and time again for every job that comes available? 

*insert signature here*

19 minutes ago, capitanus said:

He's had half a season as manager at Kilmarnock, who were a club punching above their weight but on the decline afterwards.  So why is he not allowed a second chance at a smaller club whilst perennial failures like Jim McIntyre get touted time and time again for every job that comes available? 

Would he want it?  I'm not meaning us, but the concept of managing again.  I think he's a really good no2.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

4 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

Would he want it?  I'm not meaning us, but the concept of managing again.  I think he's a really good no2.

Why wouldn't he? He may have something to prove to his doubters.

Why would you question whether he would want it, and not question whether any of the rest would want it?

*insert signature here*

9 hours ago, capitanus said:

Why wouldn't he? He may have something to prove to his doubters.

Why would you question whether he would want it, and not question whether any of the rest would want it?

He's the only one that I'm really aware of, as I was a Charlton season ticket holder when was the asst manager. Living down here, I rely on others to have views on the usual suspects.  If he wants it, then let's see what happens.  But given the "pleading poverty" approach of MCT, I doubt we could afford the train fare for him to come up from London for the interview.

George Bernard Shaw

28 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Falkirk have appointed Martin Rennie (me neither). I am now absolutely shitting it that we're going to be landed with Brian Rice.

And they backed their new bods with all the confidence of a contract until the end of the season. 

Our board's track record of reading the room means it wouldn't be that surprising if they have already offered Rice the gig.

They do seem to he at pains though to point out that they are having a 'robust and structured' process. Who the heck writes that on a job ad?

48 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Rajamaki wants it. In the Tele today.

Said to my mate the other day this could be a massive PR move from the club too, tap into the nostalgia of some stay away fans. Maybe keep Oksanen too.

I remember JJ wanted to bring in Marcus Forss from Brentford at the time, he's now an impact player off the bench fkr them.

is it really though?

What happens if he comes and it doesnt work out, or even if it does and he gets his head turned by a Falkirk or a Dunfermline the next time they're due to empty their manager?

ETA: Its hypothetical though, it wont happen.

*insert signature here*

Archived