McPherson sacked - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

McPherson sacked

TRVMP

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodbye and thanks for all the varicose veins. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hopefully bring in someone who sees us as a stepping stone to a bigger club and not another failed merry-go-round manager delighted to get a final full time wage. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Hard lines to the happy-clap section whose desperate wagon-circling exercise at full time ended in complete and utter failure. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Good to see him gone, and it’s absolutely the correct decision, but I’m terrified to see who the incompetents in the boardroom have lined up for the next TTG campaign.

Incidentally, as long as it doesn't adversely affect Morton. Good luck to Gus in the future. It didn’t work out for him but in the few dealings I had with him he came across as a thoroughly decent guy.

Although maybe he’s used up all his luck with that handsome pay off.

The next appointment is huge but so is an understanding of what the Board actually wants. I've given chapter and verse on here a dozen times about the false idol of Stability so I won't repeat all that. 

What I will ask is this. Even if stability is removed from the equation, what does the Board actually want? In their QA they said they want us to finish 8th. Well, we are 8th. So... what's the problem? 

If you aim for the bare minimum you can't be surprised when you get the bare minimum. My point is thus - right now, with no manager, the names linked with the job are far less important than defining what that name needs to do. That means an immediate end to hard-luck stories and a positive affirmation that we are going to deliver excellence. There must be no more self-deprecating eye-rolling from the blazers. They're here to do a job and they need to start acting like it. And that means anyone like Gus rocking up for a cushy two-year gig, with an "ach, we'll see how it goes" mindset is not welcome. 

Hunger, desire, and a relentless drive for success are not luxuries in the professional game. Let's stop acting like they are. 

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

Good to see him gone, and it’s absolutely the correct decision, but I’m terrified to see who the incompetents in the boardroom have lined up for the next TTG campaign.

Incidentally, as long as it doesn't adversely affect Morton. Good luck to Gus in the future. It didn’t work out for him but in the few dealings I had with him he came across as a thoroughly decent guy.

Although maybe he’s used up all his luck with that handsome pay off.

Never dealt with him but I'd agree with that. As my previous reply alludes to, I think the current mindset at the club is far bigger than just lying with him. He didn't do himself any favors but his attitude followed that of those above him, who need to have a right good look at themselves before appointing the next manager. 

EOho8Pw.png

I was thinking today during the game that there's literally no other full time club in Scotland that would be happy to settle for avoiding relegation in the championship at the beginning of a season, so there's no way Morton should either. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

6 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I was thinking today during the game that there's literally no other full time club in Scotland that would be happy to settle for avoiding relegation in the championship at the beginning of a season, so there's no way Morton should either. 

Yup, that's how tinpot we've become under MCT, and even before that to be fair. How the fuck do they expect to get fans excited and engaged when the limit of our ambitions is to finish 8th? So much about the current direction of the club is deeply worrying. Let's see how the recruitment of a new manager goes, but given MCT's track record to date, I'm not super optimistic they'll get this one right either.

Just now, port-ton said:

There's never an excuse for it. Even in the hugely unlikely scenario we got promoted, aiming for 10th or 11th is foolish because you have momentum and shock value and a point to prove. Yes, of course the correlation is strongest between wages and success, everyone knows that. But it's not infallible and I think people in charge are forgetting that. 

We've heard even in official announcements about how fine margins have cruelly denied us wins this season, such as against Arbroath. It's terrible chat. The correct perspective is this - if it's only fine margins preventing us from climbing the table, how do we address them? If they're so small they should be easy to fix, right? If other teams are benefitting from them and we're not, let's make that little improvement to close the gap. If having two defenders out against QOS depleted us so badly, as Gus alluded to pre-match - why wasn't he salivating over the prospect of a completely injury-hit Queens side with just three guys on the bench? 

Focus on positives, identify your weaknesses and work on them, find gaps in the armor of whatever you're up against and exploit them ruthlessly. All easier said than done, sure. But at Morton I see no indication that they're even being said. There's an easy first step to take. 

EOho8Pw.png

Off you fuck Gus. You useless cunt. 

Get someone in who has a real hunger and desire to build a reputation in the game.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Yeah, I don’t really hold anything against Gus and despite the “personal” abuse today, it was more fans that’d just completely had enough and needed a way to show it. Doubt anyone here wishes him any ill will. 

Credit to whoever bit the bullet and ended this farce. It took longer than I wanted but I'll not complain too much about that.

Next decision will be monumental and it's not one to get wrong. Hopefully the board will be seeking advice and looking to cast the net outwith the collection of usual dinosaurs, has beens and never were's that make up the bottom feeding sewer of Scottish football. 

Energy, commitment and a desire to set standards beyond survival are pre-requisites.

15 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Off you fuck Gus. You useless cunt. 

Get someone in who has a real hunger and desire to build a reputation in the game.

Ouch, bit harsh. He's a bad football manager and had to go, but from what I've seen and heard I think he's a decent bloke, so calling him a cunt is out of order, IMO. He didn't award himself a 2 year contract after all.

Archived