Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (4th December) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (4th December)

Admin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than Wednesday, and Gozie’s first goal was good, but those are about the only positives. The equaliser has spared a much more hostile end, but it shouldn’t keep him in a job. This situation is not going to get any better. 

If the board has finally acted - good on them. Better late than never. 

Now they need to decide what it is they want. If you set a target of scraping survival you can't really be surprised when whoever takes the job acts like 9th is a success. Do the board instead want to aim higher, setting a mid-table goal for April? Or do they want something strategic where this season's outcome is less important than the Braeside cantera? 

I'm not sure they know what they want. I think they need to figure that out sharpish. 

EOho8Pw.png

Had to come there was no returning from the atmosphere at the club with him in charge.

Thought he was a tactical dinosaur and a pessimistic excuse maker who was out of his depth and who covered his own failings at the expense of the club, but don't think he was an arsehole or unprofessional in any way so won't be commenting anything personal about him. Delighted he's gone though and well done to the board for acting. 

Still plenty time to survive in this league and now we actually may have a chance. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The first half was just acceptable, but yet again the second half performance was completely inept, a lack of hunger, pace and we lost just about every second ball.  Apart from the 5min that we got the second goal, that performance was enough to get sacked.  Add that to wednesdays performance it had to happen.  

Let's hope we can get a decent manager in.

18 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

As the euphoria settles, the mind wanders towards the absence of Andy Millen from the statement...

This is my fear. That they will give Millen the job until the end of the season with the saving on a new manager and paying Millen off as well helping fund his mate's pay-off

15 minutes ago, 16Ton said:

This is my fear. That they will give Millen the job until the end of the season with the saving on a new manager and paying Millen off as well helping fund his mate's pay-off

If that happens then the entire Board should be hounded. I don't think it will as MCT know this is a pivitol point of their early ownership.

28 minutes ago, 16Ton said:

Makes him an arsehole in my book

Disagree. It's human nature and a lot of people will have similar personality traits, it's just they aren't the manager of a professional football club. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Fantastic news about Gus- 6 months too late but it's 100% the correct decision. When your own fanbase are singing Dirty Paisley Bastard at you, there's probably no way back at all and MCT had to act for their (remaining) reputation especially. 

Re the game itself; another frustrating afternoon where we've chucked away 3 points. I thought we were pretty comfortable at 1-0 but as the game went on we kept giving away possession too easily and letting Ayr knock it about. It seemed to me like Hamilton thought it was going over the bar and just left it. That's three mistakes in three games now - I hope we aren't starting to see the other side to him. 

Their 2nd goal just looked like horrific defending on our behalf but I'd need to see it again. 

Time for a fresh start and hopefully we can get a manager in who utilises our strengths and doesn't play long balls to dwarf strikers. 

Archived