Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (1st December) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (1st December)

Admin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know you're bad when some tcheuchter old age pensioner commentator and Ian fucking Murray are continually commenting how shite we are. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Alan Lithgow can fuck off. Embarrassing on many levels that he’s got the captains arm band. 

Probably not the biggest of problems at the moment, but why is the captain not wearing the rainbow armband this week?  Just makes us look either amateur or homophobic. Neither is a good look. 

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

10 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

What he do?

Left us exposed at the back. Makes a change from being exposed at the front I suppose. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Well that was embarrassing. The lack of effort from Morton was unacceptable and we contrived to make QoS look like world-beaters. As for our fitness, is this the fattest Morton team ever? Everyone involved in tonight's debacle needs to be emptied. Those at MCT who thought they were steadying the ship offering the management team two-year contracts also need to step down and double their contribution as an act of contrition.  

No problem with Lithgow getting it up the fans. Maybe don't pick a night where we've been played off the park so much that Queens go up the park and score a minute later after your own personal performance has been shambolic though. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Won't be handing another penny over this season fucking fed up being ripped off. Already cancelled my subscription on the back of us being a complete fucking disaster off the park. 

Tonight was the final straw on the park. That was toothless gutless and the absolute nick of that fat cunts celebration sums up everything. Everything about us screams absolute fucking shambles. 

Scunnerd would be an understatement. 

As for our manager. From the moment he walked in the door he's made excuses to cover for his failings and tried to get both fans and the board to accept mediocrity and the absolute bare minimum from him. The fans can see it a mile away but unfortunately the people in charge were done hook, line and sinker. 

32.gif

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

No problem with Lithgow getting it up the fans. Maybe don't pick a night where we've been played off the park so much that Queens go up the park and score a minute later after your own personal performance has been shambolic though. 

Maybe an entire season in which the team you're captaining on a part time basis has been fucking rancid and you've been one of the prime culprits is not the time either. 

It's almost as if he has earned absolutely no credit in the bank to give back to the big, bad fanbase, regardless of his previous history. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Appalling. Gus on a 2 year deal. Lithgow on a 2 year deal. Jacobs on a 3 year deal. The people in charge really do not have a clue.

That's the performance that 100% confirms to me that we will relegated under this clown. I'd always clinged onto a bit of hope that we may improve, perhaps the Dunfermline result a few weeks ago would have kicked us on but, no, it's getting worse. 

20 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

Probably not the biggest of problems at the moment, but why is the captain not wearing the rainbow armband this week?  Just makes us look either amateur or homophobic. Neither is a good look. 

You are right, fucking rainbow armbands are no-ones concern right now.

*insert signature here*

12 minutes ago, port-ton said:

As for our manager. From the moment he walked in the door he's made excuses to cover for his failings and tried to get both fans and the board to accept mediocrity and the absolute bare minimum from him. The fans can see it a mile away but unfortunately the people in charge were done hook, line and sinker. 

Agreed 100% with this. They've been well and truly hoodwinked. I get that, as non-footballing people (as we fans generally are as well) they are going to generally defer to a guy who's been around the game his entire working life, who's carried out a number of backroom roles, some with pretty good success in fact, and generally aren't going to second-guess the guy.

But that level of trust and good faith comes with an obligation to actually deliver, and Gus' win record is so bad that the board is remiss in not asking serious questions of it. It's all very well letting the guy say he's running the show and placing trust in him, but if they seriously think that, just because we're not loaded, sitting joint-bottom and showing few signs of improvement is good enough, then they've had the wool pulled over their eyes. A combination of being a 'big name' (relative to the Championship) and being so unremittingly negative about the club has placed him in a pretty secure position. The board are terrified to suggest we might have to do better because Gus McPherson, big fitba man, says we're shitey wee Morton and who can really expect us to compete with the likes of Raith and Queen of the South?

It's been a recurring theme even under the previous regime, in fairness to the current occupants, but even DDF for all his failings didn't mind saying, for example, that Garry O'Connor was a fat mess, rather than saying "aye but he played for Scotland."

EOho8Pw.png

As for Lithgow: Was it the 6-4 game against Arbroath, in 2003/04, where some herring-botherer scored and was so busy GIRUYing the fans that he missed Morton going up the other end to score? Fuck, at least it wasn't his own fans he was giving it big licks to. Being captain and the lynchpin of the defence and conceding an instant reply... I mean fuck me. I'm not even mad, the fish rots from the head and this attitude comes from the Board on downwards. Lithgow's just a symptom of a much bigger problem, that poor wee Morton are doing their best and the fans are such evil ogres for wanting better than this:

image.png

That's our competitive season. The wins comprise victories over a fifth tier outfit, "Clyde", a Hamilton outfit busily stepping on rakes, a youth team, Montrose (on penalties), and Dunfermline. That's three games you'd really have to win, plus two wins against fellow relegation strugglers - decent results but not earth-shattering.

Our last league win at Cappielow was in March, against QoS. And while our attack is a greater concern, the defence for which Lithgow as sometimes-skipper and veteran center back is a key part has kept just four clean sheets from 15 games. (Our Goals Against column isn't bad in isolation; in combination with actual results it's utterly damning.)

And he thinks he's silencing his doubters? It's amazing stuff.

You know, I'd forgive them everything if it was like Mourinho's Chelsea and they were building a bunker mentality where it was that dressing room against the world, and they'd go out and shitfest wins and take over the continent. But it's not like that at all. He's going about like Harry Maguire and playing like Harry Enfield. Gus is styling the team an underdog, then taking them to the vet and chopping their balls off.

Meanwhile the Board thinks this is all fine.

EOho8Pw.png

While I'm on a roll here: the entire point of this takeover was that we could, collectively, do better than the previous owners. If this doesn't extend to things like "the actual results of the first team" then we've been sold a bill of goods.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Need a good greenock man to turn this around. Gus out and Neil McCann in please not that it will happen. 

He not from the Port?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Shocked how the season is unfolding under MCT. Pure shocked.  Just think too, this is probably as good as it will get. 

Serious question Bob, you have been pretty critical of late about MCT.  Do you feel that there are individuals trying to undermine or sabotage the fan ownership project from within?

*insert signature here*

Archived