Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (1st December) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (1st December)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. The Clyde Eats app is available to download from Google Play and the App Store now! 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've got 'four' centre backs unavailable (according to their manager, so treat with caution) and have only three outfielders on the bench. 

Failing to win this match is just not good enough tbh. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Our manager somehow turning a question about poor league form into a moan about how hard done by we’ve been having to play away matches, and that’d continue if we get through. Get so far to fuck with that chat. 

We have been far too vulnerable defensively so far, while offering little other than an offside goal from McEntee's run. The pitch being a monumental nick isn't helping, but we've seen this plenty of other times as well.

Oliver has been completely anonymous so far. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Game is far too open for us to shit fest a result. That can only benefit queens.

Hamilton had a good game up until the error as well. He's been excellent coming for crosses this season so hopefully just a one off. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

25 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Our manager somehow turning a question about poor league form into a moan about how hard done by we’ve been having to play away matches, and that’d continue if we get through. Get so far to fuck with that chat. 

Maybe I'm in an unusually good mood today but I didn't take it that way. OK, yeah, it was a bit of a moan, but he didn't sound like he was saying it was unjust.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Maybe I'm in an unusually good mood today but I didn't take it that way. OK, yeah, it was a bit of a moan, but he didn't sound like he was saying it was unjust.

Why bring it up though other than to complain about the expenses? I get his point but it’s a bizarre thing for a manager especially to wheel out before KO in a reasonably important game 

7 minutes ago, bigB said:

Another game another fuck up in defence.

Thanks for pointing out how 95% of goals are scored at this level, we can get straight onto that issue. 

I'm much more concerned with utterly fucking useless we are attacking a totally ramshackle backline and our failure to win the fucking ball back more than once every five minutes. 

Hamilton is definitely fouled on the goal, clever by Connelly to jump into his arm like that. He still could've done better, but the biggest problem was that none of the defenders helped him out - as you could see on the next one with Strapp pulling Connelly away. 

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Why bring it up though other than to complain about the expenses? I get his point but it’s a bizarre thing for a manager especially to wheel out before KO in a reasonably important game 

Yeah, fair point.

I've not been watching as I'm in the office and thus don't have my epic gamer 3-monitor setup but sounds like we're utterly shan.

EOho8Pw.png

This is unbelievably bad. Somehow combining aimless Lithgow hoofs that Ugwu has no chance of doing anything with and slow sideways passing that always allows the Queen of the South defence to set, often ending up back in our own half, on the rare occasion we reach the final third.

I'm fine with hoofball, patient build up or any other style of play if there's actually a gameplan underpinning it, but it's painfully obvious that none of these players have a clue what they're supposed to be doing here.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If this is how we're getting on against one of the worst teams in the league then what are the current board actually expecting to happen this season I wonder? Sit back and hope for a miraculous improvement after new year?

I know this isn't a league game but still. This is pish.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If this is how we're getting on against one of the worst teams in the league then what are the current board actually expecting to happen this season I wonder? Sit back and hope for a miraculous improvement after new year?

I know this isn't a league game but still. This is pish.

I think that was the plan after the Dunfermline game, yes.

EOho8Pw.png

Wullie Gibson strolling it at centre back because we are the least threatening team ever. There are no excuses for just how awful we are under Gus. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

An absolutely pathetic first half display in every aspect of the game: McPherson swaps regens for brownie points for the 'community club' angle. 

Surprisingly, it has proven ineffective in actually changing the game. 

Archived