Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (27th November) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (27th November)

Admin

In the 41st minute that volleyed ball in from Strapp was Xavi-esque. The stramash after was Cannie-esque.

Well-deserved in the end judging from these highlights. We had plenty of chances but no killer instinct until that equalizer. Inverness started strongly but faded. But what a fantastic finish from Reilly. He didn't only need to close the angle, but also put enough power on it to get it past the sliding defender. He managed both - the precision and the strength. That's what we've been missing. If he can keep that up we'll be fine in the league. I worry that after his injuries he can't keep it up but I really, really hope he can.

Inverness look guff overall. Wouldn't be massively scared of them at Cappielow.

And a big hand to the 15 (fifteen) who made the trip North to complete the crowd of... a hundred and something?

EOho8Pw.png

From those highlights, we looked the better team. Great to see Reilly get a goal. Great finish. I think Inverness are over-rated. Big strong team but no world-beaters.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

From the highlights it looked like Lyon was instrumental in most things we did going forward. He must start from now on.

We looked the much better side, by chances anyway, after the first 25 minutes. Promising stuff and I hope we can continue that into the quarter final v QoS and a huge game against Ayr.  

Decent performance based on the highlights. Midfield looked to be more influential than I've seen recently and Hamilton continues to impress with another solid game. Good to see Reilly getting a goal and a nice finish at that.

ICT looked very ordinary and certainly nothing to fear. 

Archived