Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (27th November) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (27th November)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. The Clyde Eats app is available to download from Google Play and the App Store now! 

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

The official website has absolutely no mention of this game, or Queen of the South on Wednesday.

Looks like there's a preview up: https://www.gmfc.net/match-preview-inverness-c-t-12/

But, the "Latest Result" from the Raith game is given as "3:00pm".

No result loaded for the Killie game either, at that.

Chris Wylie still on the squad page.

Struggling to be that bothered about the game on Saturday since the club itself seemingly doesn't give a fuck about itself, tbh.

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Looks like there's a preview up: https://www.gmfc.net/match-preview-inverness-c-t-12/

But, the "Latest Result" from the Raith game is given as "3:00pm".

No result loaded for the Killie game either, at that.

Chris Wylie still on the squad page.

Struggling to be that bothered about the game on Saturday since the club itself seemingly doesn't give a fuck about itself, tbh.

Shite innit.

1 minute ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Gies a beak...Some people have nothing better to write about, so we'll just complain for the sake of complaining. 

I'm sure some of you have you been waiting for someone to make the first negative comment, so you can all get on board delivering the hate mail....FFS

The club's run by blazers who are there on the strength of the fans' money. They can stop taking the piss and start doing the basics that amateur clubs don't struggle with.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The club's run by blazers who are there on the strength of the fans' money. They can stop taking the piss and start doing the basics that amateur clubs don't struggle with.

C'mon lets get some perspective here. We're a few months into a significant undertaking. It's not for the fainthearted, so we need to understand the unpaid volunteers (blazers) we all have entrusted to run this business are doing so as best as they all collectively can.

It's my hope the current MCT board will do their utmost to be sucessful, both on and off the park. However, as they all likely have jobs and families, the time they can devote to GMFC is limited and restricted compared with other clubs who have significantly more paid resources then ourselves. 

As you correctly point out, the social media aspect can be better, however, in terms of priorities, IMO it's not high up there and perhaps MCT view this the same. That's not to say that its not important, as it certainly is. However, I assume MCT are dealing with other things which have taken priority over social media and have accepted this, as part and parcel of developing a business.

And in keeping perspective, I have no interest to know if the club website is up date or a result has been posted, correctly or not as I get all the news I need from The Morton Forum. 

If there is someone out there who can do a better job than what is currently on offer, please let yourself be known to MCT. At the very least I'm sure they would be willing to hear, what you have to offer, what you can bring and what your thoughts are to help improve the social media presence.

People of a weak disposition or thin skin, should think twice before making an application and make sure you check with your mammy before submitting your cv...... 

If this is the best they can do then we're in deep trouble. 

If they're volunteers that means there's more pressure on them to perform, not less, because it's our money that's got them to where they are. If they're busy with their jobs and families, that's all very commendable n'at, but they can either shape up or ship out regardless. Shippo, the guy in charge, is retired in any case. 

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

C'mon lets get some perspective here. We're a few months into a significant undertaking. It's not for the fainthearted, so we need to understand the unpaid volunteers (blazers) we all have entrusted to run this business are doing so as best as they all collectively can.

It's my hope the current MCT board will do their utmost to be sucessful, both on and off the park. However, as they all likely have jobs and families, the time they can devote to GMFC is limited and restricted compared with other clubs who have significantly more paid resources then ourselves. 

What extra resources do Queen of the South (for example) have, that make it impossible for plucky, wee Morton to provide a similar level of engagement with its customers?

If MCT officials believe that they cannot volunteer enough of their time, then they are free to conclude that volunteering will not be enough to do the job and push the Morton board (which they now control) to employ someone to help them out. This is very straightforward stuff.

I can currently accept that volunteers mean the best for the club when spending their time on it. This does not mean that they are doing their best, because that is where competence, efficiency and a lack of vested interests all come into play. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

10 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

As you correctly point out, the social media aspect can be better, however, in terms of priorities, IMO it's not high up there and perhaps MCT view this the same. That's not to say that its not important, as it certainly is. However, I assume MCT are dealing with other things which have taken priority over social media and have accepted this, as part and parcel of developing a business.

And in keeping perspective, I have no interest to know if the club website is up date or a result has been posted, correctly or not as I get all the news I need from The Morton Forum. 

If there is someone out there who can do a better job than what is currently on offer, please let yourself be known to MCT. At the very least I'm sure they would be willing to hear, what you have to offer, what you can bring and what your thoughts are to help improve the social media presence.

People of a weak disposition or thin skin, should think twice before making an application and make sure you check with your mammy before submitting your cv...... 

Birthday caird pish

Replay at Scapa.

Name's on the cup.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived