Match Preview/Thread - Raith Rovers vs Morton (20th November) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Raith Rovers vs Morton (20th November)

Admin

14 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I'm not defending MCT here but there's a difference between podcasts, an SLO led Q&A, etc and direct questions from members themselves.

The first two haven't really shown them in a good light but they could argue that they've not had bad feedback directly from members through their own channels and plead a bit of ignorance as they're answerable to members.

There's obviously a large element of burying heads in the sand but if members aren't getting the feedback they want when asking directly (rather than from posting here or via something separate like a podcast) it's a whole different issue for me. 

Like I said earlier, I'd be curious to know if members have contacted them directly and are satisfied or just post on here and expect answers. 

The podcast host and producer was an MCT member though.

You’ve asked if anyone has asked them directly and I’ve given you an example. They simply refused to answer his questions. The reason that it never went ahead was because he refused to accept their demands that certain subjects weren’t broached.

You’re flogging a dead horse, here- and if you felt you had a case to argue that most folk felt you were doing a grand job with the Trust when you were in charge because  folk moaned about how much of a shitshow it was online rather than picking up the phone to you, it probably explains why the Trust is now as dead as Rangers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I'm not defending MCT here but there's a difference between podcasts, an SLO led Q&A, etc and direct questions from members themselves.

The first two haven't really shown them in a good light but they could argue that they've not had bad feedback directly from members through their own channels and plead a bit of ignorance as they're answerable to members.

There's obviously a large element of burying heads in the sand but if members aren't getting the feedback they want when asking directly (rather than from posting here or via something separate like a podcast) it's a whole different issue for me. 

Like I said earlier, I'd be curious to know if members have contacted them directly and are satisfied or just post on here and expect answers. 

MCT should not be answering key questions about governance and decision-making at the beck and call of questions from individual members. Would Alibi be given access to voting records or an account of events that isn't shared with every other member, unless you ask first? Not even a bowling club gets run in that way. 

The reality as you well know - and why your mewling wagon-circling is truly pathetic - is that it's not individuals at all. These are widely held and expressed concerns. MCT know fine well what the issues are, but in recent weeks have chosen to simply run away from addressing them across this forum (which they quite clearly keep tabs on) as well as the podcast. 

There is nothing keeping the subscription model going apart from the fans' goodwill. It's high time that MCT understood this and acted accordingly. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, Toby said:

The podcast host and producer was an MCT member though.

You’ve asked if anyone has asked them directly and I’ve given you an example. They simply refused to answer his questions. The reason that it never went ahead was because he refused to accept their demands that certain subjects weren’t broached.

You’re flogging a dead horse, here- and if you felt you had a case to argue that most folk felt you were doing a grand job with the Trust when you were in charge because  folk moaned about how much of a shitshow it was online rather than picking up the phone to you, it probably explains why the Trust is now as dead as Rangers.

I get Dean's an MCT member but there's still a bit of a difference between the podcast route and asking directly as a member. There might have been other discussions too. 

Anyway, I'm not saying MCT should only answer direct questions (I've said on the other thread that the impression they give is of a closed shop) but asked if someone who said they were a founder member has asked their questions directly rather than just here since it was quite a strongly worded post. 

That's about the extent of it - I'm not trying to put across a point of view. I'm just wondering if someone who's got a lot of questions and issues has contacted them directly rather than hoping for an answer by asking indirectly. 

Personally I don't think MCT have shown much accountability and their main selling point from day one should have been to show members have influence. That's not really been done at all and there's no reason why after a couple years. 

33 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

MCT should not be answering key questions about governance and decision-making at the beck and call of questions from individual members. Would Alibi be given access to voting records or an account of events that isn't shared with every other member, unless you ask first? Not even a bowling club gets run in that way. 

The reality as you well know - and why your mewling wagon-circling is truly pathetic - is that it's not individuals at all. These are widely held and expressed concerns. MCT know fine well what the issues are, but in recent weeks have chosen to simply run away from addressing them across this forum (which they quite clearly keep tabs on) as well as the podcast. 

There is nothing keeping the subscription model going apart from the fans' goodwill. It's high time that MCT understood this and acted accordingly. 

Don't disagree with a lot of that but if a member has concerns then they should be allowed to voice them directly and should expect an answer. I wouldn't expect voting records, etc if it was me asking but would expect some details on governance models and how decisions are made to give some reassurance. 

If members aren't getting answers to their satisfaction if and when they are contacting MCT directly then membership will start to drop. 

Member numbers are holding at a steady level though (maybe even increasing slightly) even with the negativity about the cancelled podcast, team performances and things like my own issue of it taking an SLO to arrange a Q&A rather than being done off their own back. With this being the case some within MCT might be of the impression that they're delivering for members. 

Like I've said a few times, I'm not arguing for MCT here. 

Someone from MCT posted back in September saying they were taking some feedback from here on board. Not long after that I remarked that the procedure for overseas subscription wasn't looking too secure; that got fixed quickly, MCT posted here saying so, and I signed up right after. So they do read here (or at least used to) and do take feedback from here. And in my case it was acted upon very quickly and professionally.

That doesn't mean they have to sit here and reply to every single post, far from it, but given that even on the yer da Facebook group people are asking questions of the two-year deal, it does imply that they're not sitting there in blissful ignorance unaware that people want to know what the hell's going on in the managerial hotseat and how on earth we got into this position. In fact the immediate aftermath of the half-baked Q&A showed that beyond doubt: Nick's stunningly maladroit answer about our current situation gave urgency to the question of how we started down this road in the first place.

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, irnbru said:

Have you contacted MCT directly rather than using a message board? 

No. I will do that though. I think this whole MCT thing needs to be kept completely accountable. I am not criticising; just want to ensure we don’t have anyone exceeding their remit to the detriment of the club.

4 hours ago, irnbru said:

Not saying that wasn't handled well but if a member isn't happy and wants to hold the board to account then they shouldn't just rely on a podcast interview or message board. 

I've not heard of anyone's experience of raising issues with MCT directly so it would be interesting to hear what experiences anyone has.

Leave it with me.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 hours ago, irnbru said:

Member numbers are holding at a steady level though (maybe even increasing slightly) even with the negativity about the cancelled podcast, team performances and things like my own issue of it taking an SLO to arrange a Q&A rather than being done off their own back. With this being the case some within MCT might be of the impression that they're delivering for members. 

What is the actual evidence for this claim, now, on 20 November 2021?

I absolutely believe that people should maintain their existing MCT subscription for financial predictability. I also believe that a fan investment model is required in the long run for the greater purpose of solving the absolutely backward state of our infrastructure: as a capital investment going forward. But I am honestly running out of both arguments and willpower to try and convince people who I know not to pull the plug on their funding of this version of the scheme. As it stands, I will not be subscribing to the current MCT project once my already committed pledge is fulfilled in April 2022. 

I consider it extremely unlikely that MCT are not in fact losing net subscriptions over the past two months. For the sake of the club's short term stability I wish that were otherwise, but that's not how fan sentiment works. And given the tone-deaf approach of the leadership team to the serious issues, it is entirely understandable that people stop funding it. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think I had an email recently about election of a new board member. Is that process still underway or has it finished? I don’t particularly want to put my name forward but if that’s what it takes to allow the opporchancity to ask questions at board meetings, I might be persuaded to do so. I am really not a board member type of person & I am not even local to Greenock since before Andy Ritchie kicked a ball for Morton.

I am not being critical of individual board members but the impression I get is of a lack of transparency about what is going on. We who are MCT members should have the right to know what is going on and who is making crucial decisions. All we get is a sanitised précis of what’s going on. This should not be “Meet the new boss, same as the old boss”. TBH there are probably folk better qualified than me to be board members and who would push a policy of openness but the important thing is to ensure that the club can move upwards, not gradually wither. Anyone?

We are supposed to be a community club, not a closed shop.  We need more than an emailed newsletter which frankly says very little of importance.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

9 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I think I had an email recently about election of a new board member. Is that process still underway or has it finished? I don’t particularly want to put my name forward but if that’s what it takes to allow the opporchancity to ask questions at board meetings, I might be persuaded to do so. I am really not a board member type of person & I am not even local to Greenock since before Andy Ritchie kicked a ball for Morton.

I am not being critical of individual board members but the impression I get is of a lack of transparency about what is going on. We who are MCT members should have the right to know what is going on and who is making crucial decisions. All we get is a sanitised précis of what’s going on. This should not be “Meet the new boss, same as the old boss”. TBH there are probably folk better qualified than me to be board members and who would push a policy of openness but the important thing is to ensure that the club can move upwards, not gradually wither. Anyone?

We are supposed to be a community club, not a closed shop.  We need more than an emailed newsletter which frankly says very little of importance.

With your business acumen and luck, I think we should look out the SJFA application form now.  :lol:

In all seriousness, why not?  You have been a company director for years now, you have had several dealings with professional football clubs over the years and will have a fair understanding of how they work and nobody doubts whether you're a Morton supporter.  Yeah, go for it.  If you want someone to nominate you, that can be arranged.

*insert signature here*

5 hours ago, vikingTON said:

What is the actual evidence for this claim, now, on 20 November 2021?

I absolutely believe that people should maintain their existing MCT subscription for financial predictability. I also believe that a fan investment model is required in the long run for the greater purpose of solving the absolutely backward state of our infrastructure: as a capital investment going forward. But I am honestly running out of both arguments and willpower to try and convince people who I know not to pull the plug on their funding of this version of the scheme. As it stands, I will not be subscribing to the current MCT project once my already committed pledge is fulfilled in April 2022. 

I consider it extremely unlikely that MCT are not in fact losing net subscriptions over the past two months. For the sake of the club's short term stability I wish that were otherwise, but that's not how fan sentiment works. And given the tone-deaf approach of the leadership team to the serious issues, it is entirely understandable that people stop funding it. 

They've got a membership tracker on the site so basing the numbers on that. It's at nearly 900 and the last news update was just over a week ago so working on the assumption it's accurate. The update before that said membership was fast approaching 900.

I agree about keeping the subscriptions going. At the moment it's the only show in town so keeping these going is needed for us to actually have a club. This where I think there's a potential overlap where fans think they're doing the right thing despite not being happy but MCT board members naively thinking these membership numbers are a tangible measurement of success. People debating on a message board won't fit into their KPIs if that's the case. 

I don't think we're actually disagreeing much on anything here. I've said it seems to be a closed shop and heads are in the sand while you're saying it's a tone deaf approach.

My point is really that it's probably at the stage where individual members need to raise their concerns directly rather than here or relying on the podcast or something else. I'm not saying this is right and have said a few times that it was very disappointing that it took an SLO to organise a Q&A with the club rather than MCT doing proactively out of duty to the membership. 

8 hours ago, capitanus said:

With your business acumen and luck, I think we should look out the SJFA application form now.  :lol:

In all seriousness, why not?  You have been a company director for years now, you have had several dealings with professional football clubs over the years and will have a fair understanding of how they work and nobody doubts whether you're a Morton supporter.  Yeah, go for it.  If you want someone to nominate you, that can be arranged.

😂 I think someone more local is needed. Anyway maybe whoever gets the gig will ask the right questions and make things more transparent. I will raise my main question formally by email when I get the chance.

4 hours ago, irnbru said:

1. They've got a membership tracker on the site so basing the numbers on that. It's at nearly 900

2. keeping these going is needed for us to actually have a club. 

1. I wouldn't bank on it being accurate and reflecting any recent drop outs. It was only updated previously after someone highlighted on here that it hadn't changed in ages.

2. If that's the case then the whole thing is already f**ked.

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

1. I wouldn't bank on it being accurate and reflecting any recent drop outs. It was only updated previously after someone highlighted on here that it hadn't changed in ages.

2. If that's the case then the whole thing is already f**ked.

2 can't be far from the case. It's a lot of money for a club at our level and we're not exactly packing out Cappielow every week to get more money. We need this to work. At the moment there's no other options. 

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

I asked MCT directly about our style of play as it was causing unrest amongst the fans. The person I contacted replied that he’s also a fan and it’s not fun to watch. He said they can’t comment on individuals but he would pass on my concerns to the club.

Shitebaggery.

*insert signature here*

Gus McPherson: "To come here and put in that type of performance is a credit to the players." Aye we were always going to be up against it playing at the Allainz Arena Gus, but at least plucky wee Morton kept the score down. 

This fucking loser needs emptied now and any board that enables this fucking loser mentality at the club is complicit in its failure. 

3 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

I asked MCT directly about our style of play as it was causing unrest amongst the fans. The person I contacted replied that he’s also a fan and it’s not fun to watch. He said they can’t comment on individuals but he would pass on my concerns to the club.

Asked about style of play? Cringe as fuck.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived